Ok, so I was wondering if I should get a PlayBook.

I asked for one for Christmas and have been looking up deals and sales on all major retailer websites constantly for the past couple days.
    However, as deals are selling out and prices are rising because cyber week is over, I am kind of debating if i should get one.

I have a Torch 9850 and know all about Bridge. That is one of the main reasons I want to get one, especially since the browser on os 7.1 still sucks, especially compared to others on the market. I am also excited for BB10, but BB10 does not support flash player so one of the main reasons people praise the PlayBook browser will be going away.

Also, how many apps are there? I don't need hundreds of thousands like on the ipad, which my brother has and I hate using, but are there plenty of decent apps? People are always complaining about the lack of apps, but most of the things I have read were written before the android player was made available. Speaking of which, are android apps and games smooth? My brother has an android phone and some of the applications are laggy and not smooth. Also, everything I have read written after the android player was released says either that there still aren't many apps, or that there are plenty but none of them are free.

So, I want to hear what you all have to say. Are there enough apps? Is the browser really as good as everyone says it is, based on daily use and experience? And should I get a PlayBook?

Thank you for your help!

EDIT: One more thing: The PlayBook has been out for quite a while and seeing as a 3G/4G version is coming out with updated specs, I feel like by the time I get the PlayBook, a new wi-fi version will come out with updated specs. Does anyone know anything about a new PlayBook?
    12-01-12 06:39 PM
    BB10 will have inbuilt flash support in the browser, much the same way chrome does on windows.

Goodereader has over 1000 of the free android apps repackaged apps for sideloading, including flipboard and kindle which are my favorites. App world also has plenty of native and repackaged apps.
    12-01-12 06:47 PM
    I say go for it...this tablet is awesome...between native and sideloaded apps I have everything I need and it will only get better with BB10!
    12-01-12 06:52 PM
    He said he has a bb phone, and even so with or without its the best tablet out there
    12-01-12 06:54 PM
    Yes! Ive had my PB since launch and still use it every day!
    12-01-12 06:54 PM
    Mine was delivered last Tuesday and I love it. On it right now! I'll be honest, the app world is annoying because there's lots of "junk". I feel like I have to be looking for a specific app instead of a kind of app (if that makes sense.) goodereader has been a great help, as I've sideloaded a bunch of games and the kindle app. Still probably going to get some more haha.

Mainly I love how responsive it is. The multitasking is flawless and the ui is great. I love all of the swiping gestures and there is almost no learning curve. My only complaint is the battery life is pretty bad. I can't seem to get more than 6-8 hours total. But I think that's because of heavy use, maybe it'll go down.

To answer your original question in one word: yes!
    12-01-12 07:15 PM
    Go for i have two, and basically take it everywhere and bridged with the 9930 is awesome, and have BB10 to look forward too.
    12-01-12 11:03 PM
    In a word, yes. It is still a great little tablet and there's STILL no other tablet on the market that can multitask like the PlayBook can. Not even close.

If the apps are a non issue for you, and for me I'm pretty satisfied, then for the price it simply cannot be beat.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 12-02-12 at 11:25 PM.
    12-02-12 12:07 AM
    What is your financial situation like? For under $150 it's worth it for web surfing and downloading movies alone in my opinion. Apps are neither abundant nor are they mind bending. I just bought a playbook for my 3 year old nephew to watch scooby doo on youtube. The web surfing is really good. It's unlikely we will ever see an updated Playbook.

The reality is simple. If you are pouring over a spend of under $150 then you have your answer.
    12-02-12 12:19 AM
    I own four and will be buying six more. I have some projects I will be doing. The playbook is the best tablet hands down. Hardware and build wise overall it's great. You'll never find a tablet like the playbook for the price anywhere.

Once bb10 is released for it things will be even better. As for this being the last tablet they make not true. Seems rim has a 10" in the pipeline late next year.

Sooner or later people will learn the playbook isn't junk. Blows away the iPad and no hitting that dumb home button.
    12-02-12 01:08 AM
    I have a Playbook and a brand new MacBook Air. So I have access to all of the Apple apps. I use the pb 95% of the time. So my $100 device gets used more than the $1200 one. Go figure, but its the one I reach for first.
    12-02-12 01:25 AM
    You are getting it for Christmas and you hate using your brothers iPad. Well the playbook is different from the iPad and doesn't have some apps such as Skype , Kindle and Netflix at least in stock apps. You ask about apps but don't say what kind you want. Suggest you Google Blackberry World and see if you can visit the App Store and see for yourself. You will find apps for entertainment, learning and even doing a little work. Better still if you can find a Playbook somewhere and actually see it in operation that would give you the best feel as to whether it is what you want. As for me I still prefer my Playbook over my Nexus7 which is currently about the best Android 7" tablet. But I have the feeling I am decades older than you.
    12-02-12 02:18 AM