I use a bold 9900 with .794 OS from China Unicom and if I connect the phone to the computer to recharge the baterry and use it at the same time (let�s say make a call), it will drain the baterry of the phone.

Is this normal? I had the same issue with the other versions of OS (.714, .746 etc) and I don�t think that should happen.

I never saw that kind of thing in any other phone I had.

HELP
    11-30-12 02:44 AM
    It can be for two different reasons. A bad cable will not charge your device but I am betting the computer USB port does not have enough power to charge your device. Have you tried different ports? Also have you install the DM software, I think it powers up the USB ports for charging.
    11-30-12 06:16 AM
    May not be the OS but rather the USB port. Some ports have too little output to charge and support phone usage at the same time.
    11-30-12 06:17 AM
    It could also be the usb drivers are not loaded properly. Try re-install the appropriate usb drivers.

I use a bold 9900 with .794 OS from China Unicom and if I connect the phone to the computer to recharge the baterry and use it at the same time (let�s say make a call), it will drain the baterry of the phone.

Is this normal? I had the same issue with the other versions of OS (.714, .746 etc) and I don�t think that should happen.

I never saw that kind of thing in any other phone I had.

HELP
    11-30-12 10:33 AM
    I had a similar problem , i have 4 usb ports on my lappy , two on one side stopped working after a windows update , I found out that there was a driver issue and went into device manager and uninstalled the usb driver , and waited for windows to reinstall it with some generic driver , then the usb port was working , Initially when i plugged in my bb into the nonworking usb i was convinced something was wrong with the fone , but that was not the case , try plugging your fone to all the usb port , if it still doesnt detect the bold , then try the uninstall method , and then uninstall bbdm and reinstall bbdm them connect ur fone, that should solve it
    11-30-12 01:24 PM
    Thanks for the help. I'll try it on another computer 'cause even with DM freshly installed, it only charges if I dnt use the phone at the same time. I have a usb charger that does the same thing.
    12-03-12 12:39 AM