I've been putting up with a busted power button on my PlayBook for weeks but it just wouldn't work inside my Otterbox Defender case. I got it just under a year ago so I thought I'd bite the bullet and get it fixed. On Monday I called Support (0800 0962805 from UK) and I received a FedEx box and packing instructions, Airway Bill etc the next day. Once I'd back-up and wiped I called FedEx (at 14.00) to arrange a collection. TEN MINUTES later the courier arrived.Today is Thursday and the same courier rang my door bell at 15.00 with the repaired device! Just as I unwrapped it, my phone rang - RIM in Germany had seen that it had been delivered and were phoing to check that it worked okay! They gave me a few minutes to fit the Defender case and test I'm very happy to say that it's perfect. It's not got the "recessed" button rather than the "raised" one it had before but it's error free.

I'm quite flabergasted that this repair has been turned around so quickly. I know that they endeavour to turn them around in 5 days but this has been done in 4. Now, if Orange could get their couriers to deliver to the right address, not "break down on the way" AND ship out fully-tested replacement BlackBerrys rather than duff ones...

CU

Ades
    seamonky, FF22, Scotter75 and 2 others like this.
    11-29-12 09:57 AM
    That really is amazing service, i thought xbox were good, but that story wins hands down
    11-29-12 10:36 AM
    i need to call customer service for my playbook for my recessed power button and my audio not working!! i think something is wrong with my 3.5MM aux input as it thinks that I have a headphone plugged in at all times.
    11-29-12 10:36 AM
    i need to call customer service for my playbook for my recessed power button and my audio not working!! i think something is wrong with my 3.5MM aux input as it thinks that I have a headphone plugged in at all times.
    For the aux plug - try plugging it in/out a number of times and see if that fixes it. Power button - yup, rma.

Good luck.
    11-29-12 12:06 PM
    I can say that I had almost the same experience with RIM here in the U.S. As a return favor I filled out the survey they sent me about my experience.
    11-29-12 02:01 PM
    It's good when people tell about their positive experiences and not just negative ones. Thanks!
    11-29-12 05:46 PM
    Wow, that is seriously impressive service! Def. reassuring they stand behind their product 110% in this case.

Bring on BB10!
    11-29-12 06:16 PM
    I deal with the customer service regarding the death Playbook(not charging, not turning on). Between sending off via Fedex from Toronto, Canada to Tennessee, USA, all it took is 5 days including weekends, I got my unit back working perfectly. Fastest and best service bar none!
    11-29-12 08:22 PM
    The PlayBook has a power button? Wow. Go figure.
    11-30-12 12:57 AM
    It is so nice to hear. my recessed power button just broke. It is pushed in permanently. I was just going to live with it but now I think I will send it in.

DG
    11-30-12 06:46 AM
    I had a similar experience in August.

I had a problem with my PB, so I phoned the 1-800 # on a Monday. After a few minutes of troubleshooting, they Fedex'd me a box to send it in. The box arrived the next day, a Tuesday. I sent it back same day (actually I stuffed it in the box and handed it back to the driver). Got my replacement PB on Friday. Just restored from my backup, reinstalled my apps, and I'm back. Pretty good service.
    11-30-12 09:45 AM
    Wish I could say the same sent my 16 gb in for repairs wasn't charging tried everything, long story .....that was almost
    Two weeks ago supposed to get a call today about it? Good thing I got a 32 last week....... at least not having
    Bb withdrawls lol
    11-30-12 10:07 AM
    Somebody always has to chime in to contradict someone else's positive story.

Seems a whole bunch of folks love peeing on somebody else's parade.
    11-30-12 10:34 AM