I have been trying to connect my Playbook to App World on my PC and every time I do it says "Unable To Connect Your Device. You have not entered the correct BlackBerry device password. Try entering your password on your device. You cannot access BlackBerry App World on your computer until you have correctly entered your device password", even though I have entered my password, correctly. I rebooted my Playbook and it didn't fix it. I even unplugged my PB and turned off the password protection, reloaded the App World page and it still asked me for the password. I connected my phone to my computer and App World worked fine. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know why this is and how to fix it?
    11-29-12 12:52 AM
    Connect to app world via wifi, not through your PC.
    11-29-12 01:26 AM
    Yeah, I don't follow. Why do you need pc connection to access appworld on a blackberry device? Appworld is on device already.
    11-29-12 01:44 AM
    Also I don't know if you have tried but if you hahaven't I'll save you some time. If you try to use app world on your playbook thru the connection on you BlackBerry, ie 3G, it will not work. Again you will need to be on wifi. I also think facebook does too am I correct? If your BlackBerry is on wifi then its ok. But the gsm and cdma connections are not.
    11-29-12 01:48 AM
    I have been trying to connect my Playbook to App World on my PC and every time I do it says "Unable To Connect Your Device. You have not entered the correct BlackBerry device password. Try entering your password on your device. You cannot access BlackBerry App World on your computer until you have correctly entered your device password", even though I have entered my password, correctly. I rebooted my Playbook and it didn't fix it. I even unplugged my PB and turned off the password protection, reloaded the App World page and it still asked me for the password. I connected my phone to my computer and App World worked fine. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know why this is and how to fix it?
    There is no fix.

The browser plugin was never meant to be used with the PlayBook. All downloads must be done using the App World application within the tablet. Hook it to WiFi and download away.
    cr500taco likes this.
    11-29-12 06:03 AM
    Thermo-nuclear war in 3-2-1... ?
    11-29-12 09:28 AM
    There is no fix.

The browser plugin was never meant to be used with the PlayBook. All downloads must be done using the App World application within the tablet. Hook it to WiFi and download away.
    Thanks, did not know that.
    11-29-12 12:30 PM
    Thanks, did not know that.
    And neither did I, way back when I tried to to the same thing. Welcome to the forums.
    11-29-12 12:40 PM
    Oh and thanks for not treating me like a dumbass, like a couple of the other posters.
    diegonei and adadadad like this.
    11-29-12 01:00 PM
    Oh and thanks for not treating me like a dumbass, like a couple of the other posters.
    Pay no attention to them. there are a few of them over here. And welcome to the forum..
    11-29-12 01:09 PM
    I'm really sorry you felt like a dumbass. But, would one of you guys explain the advantage of hooking up to your computer to access appworld? And if enough people prefer it, why would rim not support the function? I have never found the need to connect to my pc to check appworld. Hence why I did not follow.
    11-29-12 01:42 PM
    I'm really sorry you felt like a dumbass. But, would one of you guys explain the advantage of hooking up to your computer to access appworld? And if enough people prefer it, why would rim not support the function? I have never found the need to connect to my pc to check appworld. Hence why I did not follow.
    Simple----It will be useful for those, who doesn't have a wifi connection. They can access appworld that way. I presume, he was trying to do exactly that....
    11-29-12 02:10 PM
    Simple----It will be useful for those, who doesn't have a wifi connection. They can access appworld that way. I presume, he was trying to do exactly that....
    Thanks, I can see how it would be useful then if you don't use a wireless router. I guess you would be goin to your nearest coffee shop to get some apps then since you can't use anything but wifi.
    11-29-12 03:24 PM
    Didn't feel like a dumbass.... actually, I do have wifi, but I find it easier to browse for apps and then download them from app world on my PC, while I am browsing the web for other things, browsing for apps seems to be a little easier on my PC than on my PB. RIM supports the function for their smartphones....I do it with my 9850, quite a bit.
    Last edited by cr500taco; 11-30-12 at 05:05 PM.
    11-29-12 03:41 PM