He made a great App Buy Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle books - Download Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle books - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

He was very good at updating it & replying to peoples comments, questions, & bugs. Both via email & at http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...3/index30.html

Then in the end of September, he just disappeared. He has not posted on CB, or updated his app in months. This does not seem like Igor. I hope he�s ok. Can anyone shed any light on what happened?

Wherever you are Igor, you made a great app! Hope your ok
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    11-25-12 03:43 PM
    He made a great App Buy Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle books - Download Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle books - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

He was very good at updating it & replying to peoples comments, questions, & bugs. Both via email & at http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...3/index30.html

Then in the end of September, he just disappeared. He has not posted on CB, or updated his app in months. This does not seem like Igor. I hope he�s ok. Can anyone shed any light on what happened?

Wherever you are Igor, you made a great app! Hope your ok
    Maybe they switched brands
    11-25-12 04:47 PM
    His last message was the following, certainly doesn't seem like he was leaving the blackberry platform...

Search: Search took 0.04 seconds.
    09-28-2012,11:15 PM
    Thread: Book Reader - Best ePub Reader for Playbook!
    by untangleddev Replies
    Views
    Hi All, I'll be away next week - off to JavaOne...
    Hi All,
    I'll be away next week - off to JavaOne in SF.
    I will be able to answer questions or address any issues only after my return.

Regards,
    Igor
    Untangled Development
    11-25-12 05:26 PM
    His last message was the following, certainly doesn't seem like he was leaving the blackberry platform...

Search: Search took 0.04 seconds.
    09-28-2012,11:15 PM
    Thread: Book Reader - Best ePub Reader for Playbook!
    by untangleddev Replies
    Views
    Hi All, I'll be away next week - off to JavaOne...
    Hi All,
    I'll be away next week - off to JavaOne in SF.
    I will be able to answer questions or address any issues only after my return.

Regards,
    Igor
    Untangled Development
    Which makes me wonder if something happened to him in SF..........
    11-25-12 06:40 PM
    Well let's hope not!
    11-25-12 08:54 PM
    Try e-mailing him... I had asked him to look into the orientation issue for this reader (in the app set to locked orientation to read in portrait, start the app while the PB is in landscape and the app opens up in landscape so you have to unlock orientation, rotate and lock again) and he responded a few days later. This was in October, 29th to be exact. If you guys wish to hear from him, doesn't hurt to e-mail him... also let him know of this orientation issue too! =)
    11-26-12 10:34 AM
    Try e-mailing him... I had asked him to look into the orientation issue for this reader (in the app set to locked orientation to read in portrait, start the app while the PB is in landscape and the app opens up in landscape so you have to unlock orientation, rotate and lock again) and he responded a few days later. This was in October, 29th to be exact. If you guys wish to hear from him, doesn't hurt to e-mail him... also let him know of this orientation issue too! =)
    Are you sure that was OCTOBER 29th & not SEPTEMBER 29th? Becuase Sept 29 seems to be when he disappeared.
    BTW e-mails to [email protected] get bounced back & emails to [email protected] get no reply.

This is unlike him. From what I have heard he was always very good at replying to emails
    11-30-12 10:51 PM
    Crackberry.com is awsome, how many other fourms care this much about its members? NONE!
    DocDRM, Thunderbuck and zephyr613 like this.
    12-02-12 02:11 PM
    Are you sure that was OCTOBER 29th & not SEPTEMBER 29th? Becuase Sept 29 seems to be when he disappeared.
    BTW e-mails to [email protected] get bounced back & emails to [email protected] get no reply.

This is unlike him. From what I have heard he was always very good at replying to emails
    Yes, the date in gmail states "Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 10:18 PM". I have e-mailed him again at [email protected] on Sat, Dec 1, 2012 and no bounce back yet. Hopefully he responds and I'll share here...
    12-02-12 03:07 PM
    User Name: untangleddev

User Title: CrackBerry Abuser

Last Activity: 10-14-2012 06:41 PM

--------

Thats 1,5 month of inactivity. Let's hope he's ok

Edit; Found him on twitter ( @untangleddev ) but his last post was in May (2012)
    12-02-12 03:22 PM
    Eleven days ago I sent the developer a message... got a reply yesterday

"I'm fine, but thank you for asking.
    Just been busy with other projects and did not have much time to dedicate to the BookReader.
    I was not able to reproduce the orientation issue, but I'll try one more time.
    I'm planning to release one more reader update this year and then I'll focus on migration to BB10
    platform."
    iSin likes this.
    12-12-12 08:25 AM
    I wonder if his "other projects" are for BB are a different platform.

He use to post here quite a bit, so if he is working on a PlayBook or BlackBerry or even a BB10 app you would think he would still be here.
    12-12-12 08:44 AM
    I wonder if his "other projects" are for BB are a different platform.

He use to post here quite a bit, so if he is working on a PlayBook or BlackBerry or even a BB10 app you would think he would still be here.
    Not if he is deeply involved in application development. The deadline for BlackBerry OS 10 applications is only 5 weeks away.
    12-13-12 12:17 AM
    Sorry guys,
    I'm fine and actively working on porting the reader to BB10 platform. As per post above (thanks dimm0k!), I was and still am busy with other projects that are unrelated to PlayBook development.
    I'm still deeply committed to BB10 platform as I strongly believe that it will be able to compete with iOS/Android and it's definitely much more superior to Windows 8.

My apologies for long absence,
    Igor
    Untangled Development
    12-15-12 08:34 PM
    Maybe this isn't the correct place to post, but as Untangleddev has been on this thread, maybe he will see this or maybe other people have come across the same problem with Bookreader and can advise me.

I bought the app just recently and love it, does nearly everything I want, however, it has suddenly stopped adding books to collections, either a one off book or a batch. I'm definitely doing everything correctly as the first lot of books imported to my newly created collections. Now, although I can create a collection on import and it looks like it should be adding them to that collection, when I check the relevant collection, the books are only in All Books, not my chosen collection. I can then add them manually, but I'm about to import my PG Wodehouse collection and really don't want to add them all one at a time if at all possible. Anyone help?
    02-09-13 06:08 AM
    Was looking to see if this dev had posted anything recently. His Epub reader just displays error messages now.
    It was a good reader before it seems to have just stopped working and no updates for over a year.

Frosty white Q10/10.2.1.3247
    07-16-14 04:05 PM
    Actually updated the app, but my PlayBook and I have parted ways and Q10 isn't compatible, so can't see if the update finally fixed the broken app.

Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.1949
    01-02-15 10:14 AM