Hi everybody!
    I am recently changed to a Blackberry phone so not 100% familiar with it so pulling in all kind of things that are goign "wrong".
    I have a Blackberry torch 9810. Its rather new. however i have a problem with my trackpad.
    inside the menu i cam move up and down and sideways without a problem. however let's say I am inside an SMS to send, then it doesn't work at all - it just doesn't move, not up not down.... its really weird.
    the same with some other options. as soon as i go inside it just "turns off". i already tried changing the sensity. didn't do anything.
    Any ideas how i could fix this? not sure if i by accident changed a settting.....
    any input would be awesome!
    J
    11-19-12 05:11 PM
    I've had a similar problem .... it is probably your Phone case .. maybe its on too tight and it is keeping the mute button on the top pressed which is preventing the trackpad from working properly so try taking the case off ... or if thats not the case then check u side convenience keys or your regular buttons......one of them must be stuck which could also cause this problem .... Hope that helps

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-21-12 07:28 AM
    thank you for your answer and it did solve another problem I had (cover being on too tightly) but not the trackpad.......it works otherwise to move around in the menu just inside the sms it doesn't move for some reason. Really weird. is there a way to re-install maybe the software of the black berry itself?
    11-22-12 08:35 AM
    Yes there is a way to do a clean install.

BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com

That link will lead you to instructions on how to do it.

Good Luck buddy
    11-22-12 10:38 AM
    Mine is acting the same way and I also reset the sensitivity settings. I am also having lots of problems with the (non-virtual) keyboard. With all the keys on it.

I've only had this phone for a little over a month, and before that I had a Torch 9800. I never had these problems with the 9800. Just my new 9810.
    11-23-12 07:33 PM
    try reset on ur torch and it would work for sure!
    01-13-13 05:21 AM
    I dont know if it applies or not, but my trackpad has an ever so small hairline crack in it that I cant see it unless I aim the light right at it. Therefore my trackpad is erratic and doesn't pick up as much. It does it periodically (not sure why) but that's what I get from it anyways.
    01-20-13 08:52 PM