Downloading now:

7.1 Bundle 2123
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon 9850 Update-9850-update.jpg  
    11-16-12 05:40 PM
    Don't see this as available.
    11-16-12 05:59 PM
    Please let me know how it goes. My torch has been real buggy lately.
    11-16-12 06:07 PM
    Still not.available OTA
    11-16-12 06:22 PM
    First saw the little "Update Available" icon on my Torch, but it wouldn't load OTA. It said I had to use the Desktop Manager. Still loading....
    11-16-12 06:24 PM
    Just did the update via DTM. Not sure what it is supposed to change or improve, but it did take about 45 minutes for me. No problems as far as I can tell, and it did put everything back just as it was before the update. Of course, I did have to remove the apps that it put back on that I had removed, but that wasn't any problem.

Will see if I notice anything different, or feel free to post your findings on this OS

What ever it changed, if anything, I am keeping in mind that I will accept it for what it is and Feb will be here before we know it. Soon this will be a device of the past, although I will go on to say that I didn't really encounter too many problems other then the once a week battery pulls, and the lag I had from time to time, but all in all this has been a good phone for me. Can hardly wait for BB 10! I am sold, no matter what else it does or doesn't offer. Bring it on!!
    11-16-12 08:09 PM
    Just downloaded frm Verizon site. Waiting for wipe to complete.
    11-16-12 08:34 PM
    7.1.0.755 is available on their website now.

BlackBerry� Software Updates
    11-16-12 08:35 PM
    I hope one of these means "Device doesn't lock up after playing Music files via Bluetooth then trying to make a call"

Device Features
    + �Network Extender� icon now shows on the Home Screen when connected to a
    Verizon Network Extender.
    + Enhanced Virtual Keyboard.
    + Improved language switching.
    + Battery Saving Mode has been added to help improve battery life.
    + Wireless Media Server has been added and allows for wireless sharing of media.
    + BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing support is now available.

Device Enhancements:
    + Improved performance of the Commercial Mobile Alert System
    (CMAS) application.
    + Improvements to VZ Navigator� app while roaming.
    + Enhanced home screen responsiveness and reduced touch screen lockups.
    + Enhancements for GPS to add more accuracy to location information.
    + Improvements for VOIP applications.
    + Improved battery life while using Wi-Fi.
    + Implemented a new version of the Amazon Music Store version 1.0.1.50
    that has improved connectivity and reliability.
    + Modify code to allow VoIP to use media recording path and avoid loss
    of audio.
    + If your smartphone has BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES),
    improvements have been made to ensure proper delivery of emails.
    MsCam and DJM626 like this.
    11-17-12 05:56 AM
    Thanks for the list. Much appreciated
    11-17-12 07:32 AM
    It didn't show up on DM when I checked for updates so I went to the Verizon site and downloaded it to my PC. Re-started DM and it found it and installed. Maybe 30 minutes. All working fine. I am on a BES for work and it restored that fine too. Not seeing anything new that jumps out to me but from the list above, I shouldn't expect much. Just sharing a positive update experience.
    11-17-12 10:55 AM
    It showed up on my homescreen this morning so I'm doing it right now. It is taking almost an hour though. I'm sure lots of us will update regarding improvements.
    11-19-12 10:52 AM
    Please let me know how it goes. My torch has been real buggy lately.
    If yours has been buggy, I'd get that Quickpull app from Appworld. It's free and works pretty good keeping your Berry running smoothly.
    mrbails likes this.
    11-19-12 11:25 AM
    My speaker seems a whole lot better. Finally. Anyone else find this?
    11-19-12 12:04 PM
    Mobile hot spot seems to be working without signing up first. I'm on Verizon and it has never connected before. It always sent me to a verizon site to sign up for a package.

Update: nevermind, I shut it off and then tried it again and it said it had to be activated.
    11-19-12 04:28 PM
    Does taking the ota wipe game data. My wife is the kind of person who would get pissed at me if I erased her game progress even if by accident. Any other noticeable improvements in this update?
    11-19-12 06:28 PM
    Does taking the ota wipe game data. My wife is the kind of person who would get pissed at me if I erased her game progress even if by accident. Any other noticeable improvements in this update?
    Ok, I just noticed under Network and connections there's a setting now for Media Server: File sharing. Or was that there already?
    11-19-12 06:52 PM
    That's a cool feature. What about the data. Again wife will kill me if I mess her phone up.
    11-19-12 07:03 PM
    I'm updating mine at the moment... seems to be stuck though. Not sure what I should do... been at the same progression spot in the update for at least 45 minutes...
    11-19-12 08:43 PM
    I had a very uneventful (good) upgrade via DM. All my apps were reinstalled and I was up and running in 40 minutes or so. A completely different story from my last (OTA) debacle. Good times!

Can't really say I notice much difference though. I'm sure they had good reasons for the OS upgrade.
    11-19-12 09:55 PM
    After letting my phone sit all night, it *finally* updated (MUCH longer process than I anticipated). Noticeable differences are that has a battery saving mode, monitors un-used apps running in the background, and the battery seems to charge quicker. Will see what else I find once I've had more time to play with it...
    11-20-12 11:27 AM
    It bricked my phone and I can't do anything now. Downloaded OTA last night and it's been hung up at 6% backing up since around 8PM last night. Can't even use DM to restore the phone because it won't connect. When I pull the battery it starts the process again and freezes at 6%. I am completely dead in the water now.

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.
    11-24-12 12:23 PM
    Sorry to hear about your issues Saintsfan.

I went through the same OTA meltdown on the .580 OS. I got the phone back to life this way:

Removed battery.

Started DM on computer.

Connected my 9850

Went through a few steps until DM said I needed a complete overwrite losing all that was on the phone. I said yes and got the phone back again but with all its contents overwritten. Luckily, I had backed up a week prior so I was able to upload that back up and whatever BB Protect was able to save (I have auto backups activated). Good luck!!

Say no to OTA updates!
    11-24-12 01:44 PM
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. DM for me though hasn't worked right in quite some time. Every time I try to do a backup, it hangs up when it's just about complete and the only way to cancel the backup is to pull the phone and reboot the computer.

And I do usually do DM updates, but again, before attempting the OTA last night, DM hung doing a backup when I plugged the phone in, so I went against my better judgement and tried the OTA.

I'll try your suggestion now and let you know if it works.
    11-24-12 01:48 PM
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. DM for me though hasn't worked right in quite some time. Every time I try to do a backup, it hangs up when it's just about complete and the only way to cancel the backup is to pull the phone and reboot the computer.

And I do usually do DM updates, but again, before attempting the OTA last night, DM hung doing a backup when I plugged the phone in, so I went against my better judgement and tried the OTA.

I'll try your suggestion now and let you know if it works.
    I would suggest shutting down your AV software temporarily and doing a DM back up before plugging in the 9850. Leave the AV software off during the update on the phone also. Good luck.
    11-24-12 01:56 PM
29 12