K, we have an exchange server set-up for email, not BES though. My email is obviouslly on the exchange server and then also set up as BIS to get to the handheld. Issue is...whenever I have Outlook open I recieve two (duplicates) emails to the handheld for each email. When my Outlook is closed, I only recieve one email as it should be...but then when I open Outlook the handheld gets flooded with duplicate emails as Outlook recieves the new ones. Any thoughts?
    09-24-08 07:59 AM
    Me too!!!! This is killing me. I've spent a couple hours on the phone with Verizon, BB support, and surfing for resolutions. I've done a hard reset, soft reset, deleted the account completely including the service book off my BB. Set it up as IMAP and tried POP.... Always resulting in duplicate emails ONLY WHEN OUTLOOK IS OPEN. I'd love some help with this...
    09-28-08 11:18 PM
    One more thing - I'm not using gmail, but I did try the filter thing and that didn't work either.
    09-28-08 11:35 PM
    Let me start by saying that you are not insane. It is NOT just setting up a forwarding rule, or deleting your service books or just resetting your email account.... that's waht all the gurus here are saying but I tried everything, like you and nothing works... UNTIL NOW!

Ok, so this is not pretty. After spending 3.5 hours on the phone with Verizon tech supprt, RIM tech support and then my Exchange Server company, we've got it figured out. Here is why I was getting duplicates.

Each email has a uid (unique identifier). This tells the server that the email has been sent to your device (or something like that). Well for some reason, the UID changed after it first arrived on the server, so your BB thinks it's a new email.

Here's how you can test it to see if that's the case:

Find an email - go to top of email, hold down ALT and type in VIEW You should see a UID#.

Do the same thing on the duplicate email - you will see that the UID is different! That's why you're getting 2 emails. The UID should not change.

So there are a couple solutions:

1. get your IT guys need to make UID validility to remain static. That means the UID should not change...

OR

2. you could have set up a forwarding rule on the server to a BB.net address to avoid the issue all together. Apparently a blackberry.net address can pose as your email address and no one would know the difference. This is kind of a band-aid.

OR

3. Do what I did... instead of setting up your account as a POP or IMAP account, set it up as an Outlook Webmail Service.... for some reason that fixes the problem too. I needed to get the spcific user info and webmail URL from my Exchange Hosting Company.

Hope this helps.

I have to say, I was really impressed with Verizon's AND RIM's support. Although it took a long time, they were VERY helpful and never tried to get me off the phone. They made 3 way calls to include my 3rd party exchange host, called me back after my battery died on my phone, emailed me some good info, gave me their contact info, etc.... It was the best Tech support experience I've had.
    10-01-08 12:20 AM
    So for option #3 you're basically deleting the existing BIS exchange account and then re-setting it up on BIS as a web service account?
    10-02-08 07:05 AM
    woo-hoo, option 3 is the way to go! One note, make sure you turn of the imap on the exchange server while resetting up email address as at least mine kept finding the straight IMAP one and wouldn't let me set up the OWA one.
    10-02-08 10:36 AM
    I'm sorry could you please elaborate on that? I'm having the exact same issue but I don't know what you guys mean by setting up an outlook webmail service
    11-05-08 11:41 PM
    I need an explanation too... can someone walk me through this?
    06-22-09 04:29 PM
    can someone explain how to set up the webmail?? this problem is driving me crazy and our IT guys are not smart enough to fix the UID...
    06-29-09 07:25 AM
    I'm not sure if you are on a BIS or BES. If you are on a BIS, then you can look at these two links for guidance:

View Document

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/bis-...roblems-15498/
    06-30-09 06:34 AM
    After thinking about this a little more, I recalled issues when we changed email servers to Outlook. Here is the procedure we used for setting up our phones:

1. You have to do this from your phone. I have not had any luck doing it through the BIS over the internet.
    2. Go to your email settings on your phone, and enter the username and password as an Existing User. You have used to set up your other accounts, set up filters, remove "Sent from my BB", etc. You can get to this through either the Email Settings icon, or the Setup Wizard icon. It is more direct using the Email Settings icon.
    3. Go to Email Accounts.
    4. Select Add An Email Account.
    5. Enter you email address (for example: [email protected]), BUT LEAVE THE PASSWORD BLANK. This is the critical step. Hit Next.
    6. It will tell you that some input fields are incomplete. Choose NO, and hit your trackball.
    7. You will get a message that it was unable to configure your email address. Select "I will provide the settings to add this email account". Hit Next.
    8. At the next prompt, select Outlook (R) Web Access. Hit Next.

Almost home. Here is the tricky part:

9. Enter the URL such as the following (you need to get this from your IT folks) - https://webmail.company.com/owa
    10. Enter your email username.
    11. Enter your email password.
    12. Enter your email address (for example: [email protected])
    13. The mailbox address is exactly the same as the email address. Enter it and hit Next.
    14. You should get a page that says, "You have successfully configured . . . ." Hit OK.
    15. At the next screen, you will see under Settings a selection called "Service Books". Select that.
    16. At the bottom of the next screen, hit "Send Service Books".
    17. Close out all of that. You can get to a screen that says Logout, and then using the Options button (the one to the left of your trackball), you get a menu that you can select Close.
    18. Send a test message to your email address. Give it about 5-10 minutes, and it should pop up on your BB.

I hope this helps.
    06-30-09 07:23 AM
    Hi Guys this is my first pos on the forum ans I live in New Zealand (FYI)

I have stumbled onto the resolution to the Duplicate emails in BB after days of searching and testing. I have added a entry into Regedit on the blackberry server a few days ago to resolve one issue. Two days later I started to receive complaints about duplicate messages on the BB's. Rolled back on the change and issue resolved.

I have tested on a live environment

I have tested and it is working

This is only for BES and outlook

1. In the Registry Editor, go to one of the following locations:

For BlackBerry Enterprise Server 2.1 and earlier:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Server

For BlackBerry Enterprise Server 3.5 to 3.6:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SoftwareResearch In Motion\BlackBerry\Servers\<BlackBerry_Enterprise_S erver_name>

For BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 to 5.0:

For Windows 32-bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Agents
    For Windows 64-bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Agents

*** If the ProcessMailDelay registry entry already exists, change the Value data field to the number of seconds you would like mail processing to be delayed. If the ProcessMailDelay registry entry does not exist, create a registry entry with the following values:

Name:
    ProcessMailDelay

Type:
    DWORD

Value:
    This value specifies the number of seconds to delay email processing. For example, a value of 45 delays mail processing for 45 seconds. (decimal to 45)

3.Set Decimal to 45

4. Restart the BlackBerry Dispatcher and BlackBerry Controller.
    Important: Restarting certain BlackBerry Enterprise Server services delays email message delivery to BlackBerry smartphones
    02-27-12 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD