Newbie here (as you could imagine).

Days old and barely had a chance to download any apps but one type I am going to get first is an alarm clock type app - hopefully will include a snooze on it too for listening to music for going to sleep (though I guess there is a default sleep mode? - Im pretty sure I saw one..)

Anyway, so I did a search and came up with Antair Nighstand - checked it out in Appworld thinking there was only one type and wow - what a surprise!!!

Curious, what you guys like and why?

Paid or Free makes no diff as even the paid are cheap!
    Last edited by GV2012; 11-15-12 at 05:14 PM.
    11-15-12 04:50 PM
    It's funny, I was just searching AppWorld, so your post gave me one to consider.

One feature I wished they would add to AppWorld is a "Remember This" button so that I can go back and look at the applications that I looked that and considered to make a final decision.
    Herve5 likes this.
    11-15-12 04:57 PM
    I just use the native Clock app alarm.
    11-15-12 05:00 PM
    It's funny, I was just searching AppWorld, so your post gave me one to consider.

One feature I wished they would add to AppWorld is a "Remember This" button so that I can go back and look at the applications that I looked that and considered to make a final decision.
    Or maybe a "add to my wish list" button like on amazon/ebay.

Curious, what you guys like and why?

Paid or Free makes no diff as even the paid are cheap!
    I think what you are looking is the "todays alarm clock". There are both free and paid versions. Quite good but home screen and features are a bit overwhelming.
    11-15-12 05:04 PM
    I like Bed Buzz, and it's free.
    11-15-12 05:13 PM

I Just favorite under a folder (had to make a playbook folder now)
    11-15-12 05:13 PM
    I just use the native Clock app alarm.
    ahh, thank you sir (or madam) I didnt realize there was an alarm on there - actually I did see the alarm icon but when i went further I just saw "clock" "stopwatch" and "timer" dummy me. I just keep forgetting having to tap these things to get more but would have been nice if it said "alarm" beside "clock".
    Yes, this is my first touchscreen - be gentle
    11-15-12 05:20 PM
    Definitely Antair Nightstand. I have been using it since last May.
    And it looks great as a desk clock while in the charging dock.
    11-15-12 05:31 PM
    ahh, thank you sir (or madam) I didnt realize there was an alarm on there - actually I did see the alarm icon but when i went further I just saw "clock" "stopwatch" and "timer" dummy me. I just keep forgetting having to tap these things to get more but would have been nice if it said "alarm" beside "clock".
    Yes, this is my first touchscreen - be gentle

Tapping the time on the home page should show you a calendar and Alarm clock settings
    11-15-12 06:15 PM
    I just use the built-in one with the clock.
    11-15-12 06:24 PM

I've also asked for a "bookmark" or 'think about' list so I can read about it here, check it out and then tag it for later reconsideration.
    11-15-12 07:53 PM
    The native one does just fine for me
    11-15-12 08:16 PM
    I use Slotch, it was a 2.99 purchase but it has very nice look. It's native, has weather for multiple cities, upload your own music, works great.
    11-15-12 08:30 PM
    Todays Alarm Clock. Has other settings for news, music, stock, sports and there is a free version and a paid version $0.99
    11-15-12 08:50 PM
    Or maybe a "add to my wish list" button like on amazon/ebay------or like they do on BlackBerry OS appworld

I like the paid version of bed buzz because I can customize my clock with photos of my son's etc. I also like antair because it's visually stunning
    11-15-12 09:50 PM
    I really like Bed Buzz.
    11-15-12 11:05 PM
    Antair Nightstand. I love the Orion Screen!
    11-15-12 11:34 PM
    Antair is my favourite app on the playbook. I like being able to wake up to my own music and not some pre-set annoying beeping. I can choose energetic music to get me up (I'm sexy and I know it), or something a bit more chilled out. I like being able to change the colours of each theme too, so each day could be different. I agree with previous posts that it looks really good when in a charging dock, I have had loads of people comment on it when they are in the house.
    11-16-12 01:34 PM