Hi all,

Before you guys tell me search the forum I have to say I searched and read over and over but still didn't find answer.
    Extended battery of 2430mah looks fake and impossible. What I am trying to be more realistic and believe that 1500mah is more reasonable for it's size.
    I followed up all tips how to save battery:
    *switched to 2G
    *turned off wifi and Bluetooth when I don't need them
    *be-weather turned to manual update (not auto every x hours) - not using Facebook and Twitter
    *dimmed to 10% always
    *battery save mode "always on"
    *closing all apps after I finish with them
    *etc, etc.

I can use the phone for the whole day (normal use) but sometimes it happens that i make more phone calls and send/receive more emails then usual which would drain my battery before the end of the day.
    I don't expect with 1500mah to run without charging the battery for days, at least if I go for 2 normal days or 1 busy day.
    Can anybody who recently tried that battery tell me if 1500mah or any other is worth to buy and what the results are? The link would be nice too.
    Any other recommendation and tips are appreciated.

Cheers!
    11-13-12 03:18 PM
    Is it possible that nobody has any experience and reults with mentioned battery?
    11-14-12 08:47 AM
    I did not even think about it. Even 1500mah is a fake. Best option is to buy a backup battery.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    11-18-12 01:22 AM
    you can buy a portable battery charger if you want. A lot more convenient in my honest opinion. I got an 11000mAH portable battery that lasts me the week.
    11-19-12 04:29 AM
    Hi all,

Before you guys tell me search the forum I have to say I searched and read over and over but still didn't find answer.
    Extended battery of 2430mah looks fake and impossible. What I am trying to be more realistic and believe that 1500mah is more reasonable for it's size.
    I followed up all tips how to save battery:
    *switched to 2G
    *turned off wifi and Bluetooth when I don't need them
    *be-weather turned to manual update (not auto every x hours) - not using Facebook and Twitter
    *dimmed to 10% always
    *battery save mode "always on"
    *closing all apps after I finish with them
    *etc, etc.

I can use the phone for the whole day (normal use) but sometimes it happens that i make more phone calls and send/receive more emails then usual which would drain my battery before the end of the day.
    I don't expect with 1500mah to run without charging the battery for days, at least if I go for 2 normal days or 1 busy day.
    Can anybody who recently tried that battery tell me if 1500mah or any other is worth to buy and what the results are? The link would be nice too.
    Any other recommendation and tips are appreciated.

Cheers!
    I just purchased a 1600mAH battery from ebay, UK supplier; encoded chip in battery so need to clone before charging with an adaptor like some I saw, been running several days and really good
    11-19-12 07:28 AM
    Does portable battery charger has to be specifically for my 9360 or any charger for BB with micro usb will work? I am asking this as I've seen some 1500mah and some over 2000mah.

Also markuk, can you please be more specific, how many days or hours did you run your 9360 with original battery and how many days or hours with new 1600mah? Please compare. Ohh, did you try to pull the battery or, does it ask you to decode it every time after reboot or battery pull?
    11-19-12 08:37 PM
    Does portable battery charger has to be specifically for my 9360 or any charger for BB with micro usb will work? I am asking this as I've seen some 1500mah and some over 2000mah.

Also markuk, can you please be more specific, how many days or hours did you run your 9360 with original battery and how many days or hours with new 1600mah? Please compare. Ohh, did you try to pull the battery or, does it ask you to decode it every time after reboot or battery pull?
    It doesn't really have to be specific for any device. I use my portable battery charger for my PSP and phone. It has USB ports where you can connect the USB cables of your respective device. The mAH is for the amount of juice the battery has. The more, the better. I have a 11000mAH one, good for 10 full charges on my curve 9360 (which I really love so much)

Pros:
    1. Handy
    2. Cheap
    3. Highly compatible
    4. Doesn't make your phone bulkier, so you can still use cases and whatnot. (extended batteries don't have compatible cases yet, the last time I checked)

Cons:
    1. Still have to bring your charger (I leave my cable attached all the time)
    2. Charge time for the portable battery itself takes around 5-7 hours (charge time for your device using the portable battery is around an hour)

Bottom line:
    Get it. I highly recommend it. You can use it on all your devices, not just the phone, even for your 9000mah tablet, if you have one.
    Last edited by rkcmd; 11-19-12 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Add information
    11-19-12 11:04 PM

In short I am getting an extra day without charging as I use mine full on most of the day. Didnt have to do anything fancy with battery pulls, reboot, just put the battery in first time around, charged and worked fine.
    11-20-12 05:18 AM

By the way the ebay seller is 2003benben and its UK stock
    11-20-12 05:20 AM
    @rkcmd, the one you have is 1100mah and you say once it's charged up it's good for 10 full charges of phone? Can you post or PM me link, picture, seller, etc?

@markuk, one extra day would mean a lot to me, I am heavy email and calendar user and an extra day would be great. And I didn't ask, what is an extra day, did you extend it from 1 to 2 days or from 2 to 3 days? Thanks for the seller info though :-)
    11-23-12 06:01 PM
    @rkcmd, the one you have is 1100mah and you say once it's charged up it's good for 10 full charges of phone? Can you post or PM me link, picture, seller, etc?

@markuk, one extra day would mean a lot to me, I am heavy email and calendar user and an extra day would be great. And I didn't ask, what is an extra day, did you extend it from 1 to 2 days or from 2 to 3 days? Thanks for the seller info though :-)
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=RtPKxGjB

Here is the link
    nixz likes this.
    11-24-12 01:53 PM
    Hi MarkUk, I am considering purchasing the battery you mentioned from the same seller, however I'd like to know what OS/ you are using on your 9360 as I have heard many people having issues with aftermarket batteries on OS 7.1. I am currently running OS 7.1.0.714.

Many thanks!
    11-24-12 08:37 PM
    Hi markuk, thanks for the link. Please respond how many days your original battery run and I will just add an extra day to get days for after market one :-)

@rkcmd or anybody else, the one you have is 1100mah and you say once it's charged up it's good for 10 full charges of phone? Can you post or PM me link, picture, seller, etc?
    11-25-12 12:22 PM
    I just got my 9360 the other day (with low usage),and already I am having battery drainage problems, so I've been looking at ebay. For $10 I'm thinking of taking a chance on that "gold" 2430mah battery. Today I emailed the seller to ask if it fits as is in the regular 9360 case, he said definitely yes. If I decide to order it, I will report here my success or failure with it...

30 Nov -- I won't be buying that 2430mah battery! Within 4 days my brand new 9360 started having antenna issues, preventing me from making/receiving calls or using data. Since they have to send me a different phone, I've requested that they again send a 9780, so bye-bye 9360. UPS should be here this morning, so that I again have a working phone (I hope!).
    Last edited by manxdriver; 11-30-12 at 11:18 AM. Reason: update
    11-25-12 10:07 PM

I got the 11,000 (11k) mah battery. I got it in the philippines, so I doubt it's available from where you are. the brand is titan (i'm guessing chinese).
    11-25-12 11:01 PM

1500mah Extended Battery for 9360-powerbank_mark.jpg

Try looking around. I got the white one with the word "titan" written on it.
    11-25-12 11:07 PM
    Thank you all!
    Looks like I might just end up with original battery and good portable charger for, just in case, sitations.
    Thanks again
    12-02-12 03:29 PM