Can anyone advise on the following issue please. For the last couple of days my battery level has been ok one minute, then it drops to zero for no apparent reason. I have attached some pictures from the batter analyzer.

I am running 7.1 Bundle 2108 v7.1.0.746 Platform 5.1.0.546

Battery Level Dropping to Zero-screen_20121112_222342.jpgBattery Level Dropping to Zero-screen_20121112_220716.jpgBattery Level Dropping to Zero-screen_20121112_222254.jpg

Regards

Trevor
    11-12-12 04:34 PM
    That usually happens if you swap a full battery with an empty one. Or your bbdevice analyzer isn't monitoring it properly. Id do a full wipe and reinstall a new os.
    11-12-12 04:43 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

I have not changed the battery. It has only done this over the last couple of days. I will have a think about a clean re install.

Trevor
    11-13-12 01:14 AM
    I have the same problem as you but I don't think its an OS problem.. It could be a defective old battery but before assuming that, how about do a battery pull (not reboot). This will actually reset the battery "memory" (StateOfHealth). Reboot and see if the battery is still flat. There are times when the battery is flat and I do a battery pull and when the phone boots up, it goes to 30% again.

Anyway, when its really flat, do a full charge on your phone. This should help for a while but be prepared to get a new battery.

- Charles
    11-13-12 08:47 PM
    The same start happening with kiddo's 9300 some time ago - turned out to be a defective (aged) battery which causing the issue
    11-13-12 11:24 PM
    Thanks for your replies. I have an Otterbox on my 9900 so doing a physical battery pull is difficult.

May get a spare battery and see if that makes any difference.

Trevor
    11-14-12 04:01 AM
    Thanks for your replies. I have an Otterbox on my 9900 so doing a physical battery pull is difficult.

May get a spare battery and see if that makes any difference.

Trevor
    Shouldn't be; I have a Defender, takes less than 30 seconds. It's not like in the old days when they had that clear piece that went on first. THAT was a pain.

Recommend above posters' advice; and if you're ordering a battery online, reinstall the OS while you wait.
    11-14-12 04:21 AM
    Not sure if this is a battery problem or not, but after moving to OS .714 I've had the same issue as OP. Also noticed once that it dropped to 0 and as soon as I plugged the charger in it jumped to 20% in a matter of seconds. I'd go back in OS, but too busy these days to bother...
    11-14-12 08:35 AM
    Take a look at my problem battery

Battery Level Dropping to Zero-screenshot-04_16_2012_351.jpg

Its goes to 0. Reboot the phone and its immediately 64% but after just maybe 10 seconds of use, the phone battery becomes 0% and shut down immediately. I'll try to find out if they provide warranty for battery...

- Charles
    11-15-12 09:15 PM
    Thanks for all of your replies.

I ordered a Momax 1400mAh battery to see if that made a difference. Was OK for one day, but last night it dropped fro 20% down to 0% so it still has the same issue.

Will have a go at re installing the operating system when I get a chance.

Trevor
    11-18-12 02:28 AM
    Thanks for all of your replies.

I ordered a Momax 1400mAh battery to see if that made a difference. Was OK for one day, but last night it dropped fro 20% down to 0% so it still has the same issue.

Will have a go at re installing the operating system when I get a chance.

Trevor
    Did reinstallng the OS help? I've been having the same exact problem on my 9850 with 7.1.0.755 and its gotten to the point where it drops to 0 from 60 percent... Happened today in the middle of me talking on the phone...
    01-07-13 01:57 AM
    I did a complete wipe of the phone and installed the OGS from scratch. Hot had the issue again.

Regards

Trevor
    01-07-13 02:27 AM
    this has been happening to me also....i was on .794 when this started. I reloaded the OS if the issue would go away, but it did not. I downgraded to .746 but the issue persisted. I borrowed my daughter's battery which is just 7 months old and the issue disappeared. So i ordered a new battery. Mine is a year and a half old.t. I will update once the new battery arrives.
    01-07-13 07:26 PM
    Just being curious....for those having this same problem, do you use the playbook charger in charging your phone? I use the the playbook charger most of the time in charging my phone since it charges faster than the charger that came with the phone. I suspect, the playbook charger is the culprit. It might have fried my battery in the long term.
    01-07-13 07:38 PM
    It's likely that's the reason. Batteries come with a specific charger for a reason.
    01-07-13 08:17 PM
    Just being curious....for those having this same problem, do you use the playbook charger in charging your phone? I use the the playbook charger most of the time in charging my phone since it charges faster than the charger that came with the phone. I suspect, the playbook charger is the culprit. It might have fried my battery in the long term.
    I don't use the playbook charger, so that's not the problem.

EDIT: Also, my phone charges pretty quick, I don't see a need to use a faster charger. Is there really that much of a difference?
    01-07-13 09:14 PM
    I did a complete wipe of the phone and installed the OGS from scratch. Hot had the issue again.

Regards

Trevor
    I selected "delete data" on the desktop software and "downgraded" the software through the applications tab. It "downgraded" to the same software it already had but I figured that would make a difference but I am still having the same problem. How exactly did you do it? Does the desktop software no longer have the "update software now" option or whatever it used to have where you can look at all the versions that are available for your device? Is removing that feature one of the feature changes in the newest version of the desktop software? Because if so, that sucks. How else can you see all the possible OS versions that you can download?

EDIT: Just kidding, for some reason the update button didn't appear until after I "downgraded" my software. I'm gonna try a security wipe and reinstall the current version. I'll let you know if that works. If not, I guess I gotta buy a new battery that probably costs more than my device is currently worth (the torch 9850)

EDIT 2: No such luck. Battery died 10 minutes after reinstall (it had 75 percent). Anyone know where I can get a NEW battery for < 5 with tax and shipping included?
    Last edited by Marvin-13; 01-07-13 at 10:52 PM.
    01-07-13 09:22 PM
    I had this same problem just the once and it was a software glitch.

A reboot of the phone and its been as good as ever since.

As for chargers - the phone will decide if the charger is valid or not - so using a playbook charger is unlikely to cause/be an issue. Batters *don't* come with specific chargers there generic within spec.
    01-08-13 06:30 AM
    I installed a new battery last night. It has been 14 hours since and my new battery is holding up....it still has 55% left after 14 hours. My old battery has just gotten old after a year and half of abuse.
    01-14-13 10:30 AM
    I'm glad to hear that! I ordered a battery online a couple days ago and it should be here sometime next week.... I'm just surprised the batteries can only last a year. My mom has had the Tour since it came out and has never changed the battery and it still works flawlessly.
    01-14-13 01:13 PM
    I have the exact same problem. This only happens like once every 2 or 3 weeks now, and if I do a battery pull it returns to normal, so I havent really bothered ding anything about it haha
    01-14-13 08:54 PM
    I had this problem as soon as I got the phone out of the box and was fixed until the release of the very las upgrade where it was having trouble transfering back my text messages. I reinstalled without saving any data, and reinstalling everything from Blackberry Protect instead and never had this issue again since.

I've use the playbook's charger all the time and has not giving me any trouble, that has nothing to do with this problem.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-15-13 09:10 AM