My phone is currently equipped with an otterbox commuter case. It doesn't look too bad, really. actually looks cool, and it's not to bulky. However, my phone without the case looks so much better in my opinion. So now, I'm considering replacing my case with a leather holster.

which one would you prefer?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    11-11-12 08:23 AM
    I prefer a pocket pouch as I carry my phone in my left front pocket. I always seem to catch, knock a holster on something or it always seems to be in the way.
    11-11-12 08:26 AM
    I use a leather pouch during the week because I use an iGrip cradle in my car and a Case-Mate Tough case at the weekends. Perfect combination
    11-11-12 08:37 AM
    Most of the time I use the holster that came with my bb.

Protective and convenient best of both worlds.
    11-11-12 08:44 AM
    No cover for me, i just use my Bold without any cover or pouch as of this point
    11-11-12 08:56 AM
    This doesn't directly address the OP, but for others, my fave combo for my BlackBerry 9900 thus far as been the OEM Hard Case (a thinner, sexy and BlackBerry-branded case) combined with the OEM 9000 holster.

Kevin has referenced that the OEM 9000 holster almost perfectly holds the 9900 with its OEM Hard Case.

I think it's amazing. Good protection, the magnet on the holster works like a charm, and the whole deal is unobtrusive, and sexy looking at the same time.

Best way to go in my mind if you're rocking a 9900.
    11-11-12 09:29 AM
    i didnt really like the holster so i just use a case now, but everyone has different opinions.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-11-12 10:00 AM
    I prefer a pocket pouch as I carry my phone in my left front pocket. I always seem to catch, knock a holster on something or it always seems to be in the way.
    Know what you mean, I started using the holster, seems I'd be picking my phone off the ground all the time, left front pocket now, reserved exclusively for the device
    11-11-12 10:02 AM
    I've preferred a holster or belt clip for about as long as I've had a cell phone. I tried using just a soft-shell on my 9900 in and out of my pocket, but that just didn't work for me and I quickly went back to the leather holster. If I'm slumming around not wearing a belt, I just clip it to my pocket.
    11-11-12 10:16 AM
    I've never had a case but I do like the holster. I didn't use it in the begging but once I did start using it, I liked it. Being a smoker, having cigarettes, lighter, keys, and wallet as standard pocket fair, real estate got slim.
    11-11-12 10:23 AM
    Same. When I had my first 9700 I had a leather pouch that had the magnet in it. It was just like the OEM holster only it didn't have the strap or the clip and it was tan instead of black. IIRC, I got it from CB's pay it forward thread. I LOVED that thing, and I think I gave it away in that thread when I got rid of my 9700. If I had only known I was going to get another 9700 eventually I would've kept it.
    11-11-12 12:56 PM
    I love my leather pocket pouch for my 9930. It's cool too that it matches the leather sleeve for my PlayBook.
    11-11-12 02:13 PM
    No cover for me, i just use my Bold without any cover or pouch as of this point
    I don't think I could make it through the day thinking about dropping my berry all the time...
    11-11-12 05:33 PM
    This doesn't directly address the OP, but for others, my fave combo for my BlackBerry 9900 thus far as been the OEM Hard Case (a thinner, sexy and BlackBerry-branded case) combined with the OEM 9000 holster.

Kevin has referenced that the OEM 9000 holster almost perfectly holds the 9900 with its OEM Hard Case.

I think it's amazing. Good protection, the magnet on the holster works like a charm, and the whole deal is unobtrusive, and sexy looking at the same time.

Best way to go in my mind if you're rocking a 9900.
    I'm a bit concerned about how bulky the combination would be... Will the magnet sensor still work with a BlackBerry with an Otterbox case on?
    11-11-12 05:34 PM
    I like my pocket pouch. Its fancy looking but you can def tell your phones in your pocket with it. Almost annoing when wearing tighter jeans.
    11-11-12 10:25 PM
    The holster that came with my 9930 was not real leather. I bought a leather holster from the CB store, it works well and looks good. I prefer to keep my device naked.
    11-11-12 11:16 PM
    I used to always have to have a case on my phones...but now I do without and just keep em in the leather holster.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-12-12 08:45 AM
    holster.
    i just love the way when i pull out the phone from the holster and it immediately shows bbm or email without needing to click on the app.
    And the way we simply end call by slipping the phone into the holster without pressing the end button. something you won't get in other smartphones.

Sent from my unsliding BB slider
    11-12-12 09:02 AM
    I have a 9900 and I was using the OEM hard case which is nice and light. I then moved to the Puregear case because it has a holster but the case is a bit of a pain to get off so I started using the OEM hard case with the puegear holster which is a great combo. Using these cases was right after I got the phone new and didn't want to ding it up at all. After "newness" wore off I started using the phone naked and it just looks and great and feels great in your had that way so I put the Body Guardz carbon fiber adhesive on it and now I mostly use it naked and with my leather holster or just put it in my pocket. Sometimes I go back to the cases, but mostly naked now Depends on my mood.

#firstworldproblems
    11-12-12 09:28 AM