hi all

my daughter has dropped her blackberry curve 8520, it now has a white screen with a purple line going vertically on the left of the screen, when i put the battery in the screen comes on and stays on and does not go off, does anyone know what this could be.

many thanks for your time

ian aka shannianni
    11-11-12 06:43 AM
    I'm thinking 1 of these two things happened:
    1. Damaged screen.
    2. Connection problems in the cables that go to the screen.

If its the first one, then you will need a new screen, and even if the phone is under warranty they will probably notice that it fell, so you are going to have to spend some $, but if it is the second one, and even if they notice the phone fell, you won't have to pay much for them to fix it.

Hope this helps. Take care.
    11-11-12 12:09 PM
    hi many thanks for your reply,

i have seen that there are 2 lcd screens for the 8520, how would i know which one to get and also is there a video or are there step by step instructions on how to fix the screen?

regards ian aka shannianni
    11-12-12 02:49 AM
    hi many thanks for your reply,

i have seen that there are 2 lcd screens for the 8520, how would i know which one to get and also is there a video or are there step by step instructions on how to fix the screen?

regards ian aka shannianni
    Well, maybe the screen isn't broken, and if you feel comfortable opening the phone up then you should first watch a couple of videos on youtube explaning how to replace the screen. Not with the intention of replacing it yet though, just to see first on the videos what the connections are and then check them on the phone itself. But once again, if you are not ok with that than you should take your phone to a store instead for them to check it out.

After checking the cables and if the screen is indeed broken than you should start looking for the best place to buy one from. There are 3 versions of 8520 screens if I'm not mistaken, so you need to know yours first.

Take care.

EDIT: Don't forget to buy tools to replace the screen, or make sure the scren you buy already comes with them.
    11-12-12 09:02 PM