I just got a txt from Rogers Wireless indicating that Rogers One Number is now available on IPAD's and Android Tablets...WTF

I have been asking for this on my Playbook for a long time now. I feel like thats a slap in the face again to the Playbook...

What is everyone else's thoughts?
    11-08-12 11:02 AM
    I've pretty much gotten used to the Playbook being left out of everything. You see a cool app on tv and it's always for iPad or Android. Hopefully things will change with BB10 but sadly I'm not holding my breath.
    11-08-12 11:10 AM
    I've pretty much gotten used to the Playbook being left out of everything. You see a cool app on tv and it's always for iPad or Android. Hopefully things will change with BB10 but sadly I'm not holding my breath.
    arrrrrrrgh!!! I got used to it as well.. but coming from Rogers...man this sucks!
    11-08-12 11:12 AM
    Can you port it?
    11-08-12 11:14 AM
    id sure love to see someone try...then I would be happy!
    11-08-12 11:22 AM
    Curious.....what the heck is Rogers One Number?
    pelletizer likes this.
    11-08-12 11:42 AM
    From Rogers advertising blurb:

TEXT AND TALK
    Text and Talk with family and friends from your computer using your wireless number1.
    With Rogers One Number™ service enjoy the ease and flexibility of texting from your computer using your wireless number. Use the web phone on your computer to call any Canadian number, from anywhere in the world for FREE1. Video calling is easy too! Talk face to face with other Rogers One Number™ customers and never miss a thing.1

ONE INBOX
    Manage and control all of your conversations.
    Your Rogers One Number™ Inbox gives you complete control of your email accounts3, text messages and voice mail messages4 from one place. You can manage all of your communications conveniently and easily from your personalized Rogers One Number website.

ONE CONTACT LIST
    One contact list that ensures you are always in sync.
    With Rogers One Number™ no matter where you are, you will always have the latest set of contact information and it’ll be just a click away. Whether you update your Contacts from your wireless phone or computer, you will always have the most up-to-date information available.

YOU SET THE RULES
    Set the rules and determine how and when callers reach you.
    With the Rogers One Number™ Reach Me Rules and Block Number features, you have the power to control who contacts you and when. This lets you control your availability, limit calls during certain times and block private, unknown or specific numbers. You can even access and manage these unique and rich set of features from the convenience of your mobile device or computer.

VALUE & SAVINGS
    Rogers One Number™ service gives you so much more & saves you money too!
    This exclusive Rogers offer is available to Rogers wireless customers with a single or family plan. It’s free to register, and there are no additional monthly service fees to use the Rogers One Number service from your computer.2 Talk and send texts from your computer without deducting from your wireless plan. Plus call any Canadian number from anywhere you have an internet connection and it’s free.1
    11-08-12 11:51 AM
    its a WIFI calling service which is attached to the wireless phone #. Rogers charges a fee for mobile wifi calling. Free if you install the software on a computer. now they released it for apple and android..
    11-08-12 11:53 AM
    This is only speculation but I would bet that due to the fact that the current PB OS is going to be shortlived, the BB10 OS will have it at launce.
    11-08-12 11:54 AM
    This is only speculation but I would bet that due to the fact that the current PB OS is going to be shortlived, the BB10 OS will have it at launce.
    We'll probably be "stuck" with BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 for at least 6 months before BlackBerry OS 10 makes its way to our tablets. The BlackBerry PlayBook should already be running BlackBerry OS 10 if it is really ready for release in 1Q2013 on the smartphones.
    11-08-12 12:07 PM
    We'll probably be "stuck" with BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 for at least 6 months before BlackBerry OS 10 makes its way to our tablets. The BlackBerry PlayBook should already be running BlackBerry OS 10 if it is really ready for release in 1Q2013 on the smartphones.
    As has been discussed in other threads, it wouldn't be prudent to launch BB10 on PB before the phones.
    bungaboy and Barljo like this.
    11-08-12 12:26 PM
    There will be beta testing for BB10 on the PlayBook just like there was for 2.0 and 2.1. And it may be as soon as BB10 phones hit the market.

It is all a matter of when now. It seems RIM has all pieces in place already.
    11-08-12 08:22 PM
    As has been discussed in other threads, it wouldn't be prudent to launch BB10 on PB before the phones.
    Oh yes it would be very prudent as a marketing strategy. If BlackBerry OS 10 on the BlackBerry PlayBook is slick and feature-complete, the BlackBerry 10 smartphones would sell like hotcakes in 1Q2013.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    11-09-12 03:16 AM
    There will be beta testing for BB10 on the PlayBook just like there was for 2.0 and 2.1. And it may be as soon as BB10 phones hit the market.

It is all a matter of when now. It seems RIM has all pieces in place already.
    Beta testing has been ongoing with BlackBerry OS 10 on the BlackBerry PlayBook. Maybe you and I do not have it but some RIM employees have been playing with it for months.
    11-09-12 03:18 AM
    Classic...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-09-12 03:30 AM
    Oh yes it would be very prudent as a marketing strategy. If BlackBerry OS 10 on the BlackBerry PlayBook is slick and feature-complete, the BlackBerry 10 smartphones would sell like hotcakes in 1Q2013.
    Agreed, very prudent.
    11-09-12 05:00 AM
    Why would they take the hype away from the phone launch buy having it on the PB? Excitement is growing and people are watching to see what BB10 is going to be bringing to the table. I have a PB and trust me, I'd love to have it brought out now for personal use, but as a completely new platform, in order to get the maximum coverage and response, the PRUDENT thing to do is to wait until it is ready for a full scale launch in both markets.
    11-09-12 07:34 AM
    Why would they take the hype away from the phone launch buy having it on the PB? Excitement is growing and people are watching to see what BB10 is going to be bringing to the table. I have a PB and trust me, I'd love to have it brought out now for personal use, but as a completely new platform, in order to get the maximum coverage and response, the PRUDENT thing to do is to wait until it is ready for a full scale launch in both markets.
    I'm thinking that since most of the people who have been loyal to BB and the Playbook are the hardcover fans, maybe it would be prudent to release it on the PB ASAP. I personally now know no one who uses a BB . They are underwhelmed when I show them my 9930 but pretty excited when they see the Playbook. If OS 10 was on the Playbook now, it would be pretty good advertising (since RIM is not known for their's). I love my Playbook, and I'd like to see BB10 blow everyone else out of the water. Sorry, I think I got a little off of the original topic.
    11-10-12 06:01 AM
    I've been playing with windows 8 on my laptop, and am really impressed with how slick it is - not sure I see a lot of ways that bb10 is supposed to be vastly different or superiour from a consumer point of view. the gestures are even very similar. same with the whole active tiles thing. the longer they wait, the harder it will be.
    11-10-12 10:19 AM
    What is everyone else's thoughts?
    My thought is, since 99% of tablet owners own iPad or Android, 99% of all apps are ported only to these devices---and "WTF" is an epic overreaction for such an obscure, carrier-specific app.
    ezapper2 and fiatlux01 like this.
    11-10-12 11:54 AM
    dugg,

How about "Angry Birds : Star Wars" being also available for WP8 and not for the PB?

Maybe WP has payed them?

It's wierd...

11-11-12 06:19 AM
    dugg,

How about "Angry Birds : Star Wars" being also available for WP8 and not for the PB?

Maybe WP has payed them?

It's wierd...

At least we know its on bb 10 wooohooo
    01-30-13 11:24 PM