BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2108 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 7.1.0.2108
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 7.1.0.746
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.546
    File name: 9810M_PBr7.1.0_rel2108_PL5.1.0.546_A7.1.0.746_UTS. exe
    File size: 256.65MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software Here
    Last edited by rroyy; 03-30-13 at 07:02 AM.
    11-07-12 01:52 PM
    Very Niiice.
    11-07-12 02:30 PM
    Installed without a hitch from 714 to 746, even kept the beta version of facebook, and the latest version of app world.
    11-07-12 03:52 PM
    it is not all language
    11-07-12 11:53 PM
    Installed without a hitch from 714 to 746, even kept the beta version of facebook, and the latest version of app world.
    Same here. Updated late last night.
    11-08-12 05:00 AM
    For us ATT users, the big question is, "does the mike issue persist with this build?"
    peteygrizz likes this.
    11-08-12 06:20 AM
    For us ATT users, the big question is, "does the mike issue persist with this build?"
    You mean the question isn't "can I tether and get wifi hotspot for free???" with this build? LOL
    Mecca EL and peteygrizz like this.
    11-08-12 08:22 AM
    You mean the question isn't "can I tether and get wifi hotspot for free???" with this build? LOL
    LOL! No that question should have died with .378. And most likely this will have the microphone issue. All builds except the one released by ATT, the .694 do have the mic issue, but one can hope against all odds that this build is the other exception. I would install and test it myself except my home area has no problems with any of the builds and I won't be traveling to a known problem area for quite a while.
    11-08-12 08:58 AM
    I'm surprised as well. LOL. Wait for it, wait....
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-08-12 09:05 AM
    Would love to hear how this OS is, any new treats besides the new led lights option, also how does the OS compare gauged against the likes of .714 and 658 OS? Currently running a hybrid and although i'm tempted I dont want to ditch it for an even worse OS. How is the temps and signal strength for those who have tried it including battery life on average.
    11-08-12 11:51 AM
    I agree with Newcollector and Blacklatino! Let's wait and see. I won't be traveling out of my ATT area until the end of Dec so I am no help on that end, and honestly if it does have the mic issues, no matter how good it is in other areas, I can't change as I need it for business. Let's wait and see what comes up on the forums before jumping on it.
    11-08-12 12:09 PM
    This is the first time this has happened to me. I downloaded and installed the new OS on to the computer. Plugged in my phone, removed the vendor.xml file from AppLoader, clicked Loader and it goes through the motions, but doesn't load the file on to the phone. Things that make you go hmmm. I have deleted the downloaded OS from the computer and I am downloading it again. While I am waiting for that to occur, any ideas on what went wrong?
    11-08-12 12:48 PM
    So far so good. The GPS lock was very much faster than previous versions. Battery performance seems the same as .714. The phone is snappier, but can be the new install. Will see...
    11-08-12 01:26 PM
    This is the first time this has happened to me. I downloaded and installed the new OS on to the computer. Plugged in my phone, removed the vendor.xml file from AppLoader, clicked Loader and it goes through the motions, but doesn't load the file on to the phone. Things that make you go hmmm. I have deleted the downloaded OS from the computer and I am downloading it again. While I am waiting for that to occur, any ideas on what went wrong?
    Just one vendor.xml? I had two, the bigger one in AppLoader and a 1kb one in my AppData.

One thing I noticed was ARM - it was asking for a keycode, a'la Beta Zone. So did the ARM included with BL Returns. No biggie, I just uninstalled it and reinstalled thru AppWorld.

So far it's running fine. Personally I don't get too wound up over temperatures and what not. As long as I get through my day and the plastic doesn't melt, I'm good LOL
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-08-12 01:32 PM
    Just one vendor.xml? I had two, the bigger one in AppLoader and a 1kb one in my AppData.

One thing I noticed was ARM - it was asking for a keycode, a'la Beta Zone. So did the ARM included with BL Returns. No biggie, I just uninstalled it and reinstalled thru AppWorld.

So far it's running fine. Personally I don't get too wound up over temperatures and what not. As long as I get through my day and the plastic doesn't melt, I'm good LOL
    I am running an XP computer at work and I have always had only 1 vendor.xml file. I downloaded this one again and after the install my phone still says I have .694 loaded. This is strange. After this last download and install of the OS to the computer, I rebooted and then attempted the install. I am attempting to load this with AppLoader like I always do. Has me scratching my head, for sure.

EDIT: After numerous attempts, I am completely befuddled. As you can see from my signature, I have done this a few times and never have I run into this problem. I did go into DTS and uncheck the update of .694 that showed as available from ATT that is already on my phone. I don't know if that would have any effect, but here we go for one more try, then I am done until I get home.
    Last edited by newcollector; 11-08-12 at 03:00 PM.
    11-08-12 01:38 PM
    For what it's worth Newcollector, I remember reading somewhere that even though you are on XP, numerous downloads will sometimes hide Vendor.xml files. I actually did a search when I was installing, I think 378, and found 3 of them hiding in varies areas of my computer. I am running W7 so that may be why but I'd do a complete and filtered search on your PC using your search line just for the heck of it, and see if one is hiding somewhere--even your recycle bin--I always delete them from there! That said, this one issues scares me enough to not do the upgrade-LOL. If you can't load it, no one should be able to--LOL--Good luck buddy!
    11-08-12 03:14 PM
    For what it's worth Newcollector, I remember reading somewhere that even though you are on XP, numerous downloads will sometimes hide Vendor.xml files. I actually did a search when I was installing, I think 378, and found 3 of them hiding in varies areas of my computer. I am running W7 so that may be why but I'd do a complete and filtered search on your PC using your search line just for the heck of it, and see if one is hiding somewhere--even your recycle bin--I always delete them from there! That said, this one issues scares me enough to not do the upgrade-LOL. If you can't load it, no one should be able to--LOL--Good luck buddy!
    I got it done on my laptop at home. It's a vista system. loaded up just like always, Slick as can be.
    11-08-12 07:39 PM
    I got it done on my laptop at home. It's a vista system. loaded up just like always, Slick as can be.
    Cool! Keep us posted as to how it works.
    11-08-12 07:45 PM
    Would love to hear how this OS is, any new treats besides the new led lights option, also how does the OS compare gauged against the likes of .714 and 658 OS? Currently running a hybrid and although i'm tempted I dont want to ditch it for an even worse OS. How is the temps and signal strength for those who have tried it including battery life on average.
    In 7 hours it has gone from 100% down to 86%. Varying between 1% and 3% per hour according to AOSLED. When I took it off the charger 7 hours ago it said 29 degrees C, now it is saying 21 degrees C.I have battery save mode set to always on, and it was basically idle most of the 7 hours, received 25 emails in that time, and read 10 of them including downloading one 500kb picture. It's running rogers my account, browser, the weather network, bbm. hookt, email and phone in the background. Wifi, Rogers 3g and bluetooth are all on.
    Last edited by djenkins6; 11-09-12 at 03:04 AM.
    Phly_kid and teamfoster03 like this.
    11-09-12 02:45 AM
    In 7 hours it has gone from 100% down to 86%. Varying between 1% and 3% per hour according to AOSLED. When I took it off the charger 7 hours ago it said 29 degrees C, now it is saying 21 degrees C.I have battery save mode set to always on, and it was basically idle most of the 7 hours, received 25 emails in that time, and read 10 of them including downloading one 500kb picture. It's running rogers my account, browser, the weather network, bbm. hookt, email and phone in the background. Wifi, Rogers 3g and bluetooth are all on.
    That is very impressive in my books. Are you runnng any apps such as whatsapp, facebook and twitter besides your current apps? My phone is usually idle and if thats the case with it, i'm migrating to it today coz it will breathe new life into my torch. The temps I can try live with.
    11-09-12 04:57 AM
    That is very impressive in my books. Are you runnng any apps such as whatsapp, facebook and twitter besides your current apps? My phone is usually idle and if thats the case with it, i'm migrating to it today coz it will breathe new life into my torch. The temps I can try live with.
    I missed Imo from that list, and yes also the Facebook app, funny that facebook didn't show on app switcher but I'm getting my Facebook notifications and click on those to open then return out of facebook. I'm not running whatsapp, tried it a couple of months ago and stopped due to battery drain, now I have everyone in Imo and Hookt. Imo is linked to Skype, Yahoo, gtalk, Facebook chat with one Imo signon.
    11-09-12 06:12 AM
    Imo would just replace facebook chat in my case as I don't use gtalk or yahoo. folks this side are yet to jump on the skype bandwagon. I cant abandon whatsapp because I have alot of friends using it. Will evaluate my current hybrid throughout the weekend before I make my decision. Lots of various combo mixes i want to try.
    11-09-12 12:36 PM
    Imo would just replace facebook chat in my case as I don't use gtalk or yahoo. folks this side are yet to jump on the skype bandwagon. I cant abandon whatsapp because I have alot of friends using it. Will evaluate my current hybrid throughout the weekend before I make my decision. Lots of various combo mixes i want to try.
    11-09-12 12:48 PM
    If you are already running whatsapp, maybe it would be ok on this build, guess you'd have to try it. Or did whatsapp suddenly get worse after a certain build?
    11-09-12 01:43 PM
    If you are already running whatsapp, maybe it would be ok on this build, guess you'd have to try it. Or did whatsapp suddenly get worse after a certain build?
    Don't know if Whatsapp suddenly got worse, but a number of people have had an issue with it being a battery hog on their phone. Not everyone is reporting that, but a few are. It's kind of weird how we can have identical phones but what works well and doesn't work well can vary phone to phone. It may be what else is loaded on the phone is causing a problem or maybe some residual coding left after deleting another app that Whatsapp doesn't like, but so far no one really knows. For me, the CB Forums app causes a problem on my phone with freezing and delay. It will work fine for a while and then within a week things start to go haywire. Rather than try to figure out what is causing all the problems, I just deleted the app and go into forums through the browser.
    11-09-12 01:54 PM
78 123 ...