Hope that someone can help. I'm trying to install BBDM on my partner's MacBook and it tells me I have to update the OS before it will install. She's tried to update her OS on numerous occasions only to be eventually told by someone at the local Genius Bar that she doesn't have enough memory to run it properly (seems odd, she has over 300GB free). Anyhow, what version of BBDM will work with Mac OS X v. 10.5.8and where can I find it? (in case you haven't put 2+2 together, I'm a windows kinda guy and gave up trying to figure out Mac OS years ago!)

Cheers!
    11-02-12 09:32 AM
    BlackBerry Desktop for Mac requires Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8) or higher. Since your friend is running Leopard 10.5.8, she would either have to update to 10.6 or find an older version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager to download. Snow Leopard is a paid upgrade and discs are around $30.

Usually, when they say low on memory, it refers to RAM, not hard disk space. Snow Leopard requires a minimum of 1 GB to run. I'm assuming when you refer to over 300 GB you refer to hard disk space. If you check the Apple Menu then About This Mac, the window that pops up should reveal how much RAM the MacBook has.

If upgrading to Snow Leopard isn't an option, I would google around for older versions. I know that previous versions worked fine on Leopard.
    11-02-12 09:51 AM
    Thanks for the advise, i found an earlier version of BBDM that seems to work but doesn't seem to allow tethering. Ah well, it worked for what I needed it for.

As to RAM, it's showing 2GB free, is that too small for Snow Leopard? Seems a bit on the wee side to me.

Cheers

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    11-02-12 12:11 PM
    Snow Leopard was released in 2009, when 2 GB was more than adequate. I've run Snow Leopard on a machine with 2 GB of RAM with no problems.

Good luck!
    11-02-12 06:34 PM