Hey guys, wondering if anyone can point me to or suggest a cheap sub-$10 wet applicator type invisible shield for the PB. I have some very faint scratches on it that I would like to cover up. I paid $25 for the Zagg brand and I messed up the application process, so I don't exactly want to drop another $25 on one.

Thanks!
    11-02-12 01:54 AM
    eBay
    11-02-12 03:40 AM
    I recently ran a pole on here seeing how many people on here had scratches on their pb if they didnt use a screen protector. It seems as if almost no one has scratches. I took mine off and havent looked back. Colors are better and screen feels better.
    11-02-12 03:42 AM
    These guys make a great product that I've used on a few devices and you have a choice of full coverage or just the screen.
    Blackberry PlayBook Skin
    11-02-12 11:38 AM
    I installed the invisibleShield. It was more than $10 and a real bugger to get on right. But now that it's on I think it's really great. Finger smudges are way less prevalent and touch and view doesn't seem to be affected in any way.
    11-02-12 12:32 PM
    If you bought the Invisible shield from Zagg directly - go to their website and look for something that says "replacement". They will send you a replacement for about $3, you just have to return the old one (they give you an envelope) - you will have to give them a card number - just in case you don't send the old one back - they give you 30 days. I think you can do this with one that you bought from somewhere other than directly from Zagg - not tried this. I have replaced 2 on various BBs when they replaced because of defects.
    11-02-12 01:39 PM
    Monoprice.com has high transparency screen protectors for $0.75 go nuts...it's not wet app but who cares?

For only $0.75 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Screen Protective Film w/ High Transparency Finish for Blackberry PlayBook | Accessories for Blackberry
    11-02-12 02:37 PM
    Monoprice.com has high transparency screen protectors for $0.75 go nuts...it's not wet app but who cares?

For only $0.75 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Screen Protective Film w/ High Transparency Finish for Blackberry PlayBook | Accessories for Blackberry
    Yeah but the point is actually to fill up those faint scratches I have all over my screen from a bad day at the beach... as far as I know the non-wet applicator skins don't have that effect? The invisible shield I bought seemed to do the trick except there were tons of bubbles on it. I wish I knew about that replacement thing sooner as I had tossed my skin away already.

These guys make a great product that I've used on a few devices and you have a choice of full coverage or just the screen.
    Blackberry PlayBook Skin
    Does this one use a wet-application?
    11-02-12 02:43 PM
    Yes, Seems to me it was just a little soap and water that you mix yourself, which is why they sell for less then some others because it's not provided in the kit that comes in an envelope with instructions.
    11-02-12 04:11 PM
    Well, I think I just wrecked my PB doing this process. Touchscreen no longer works properly after installation, only responsive on some parts of the screen. Took off the screen and still no dice. I followed the exact instructions on bestskinsever.com to a tee, including measuring the right amount of water and liquid soap and leaving the device off for 24 hours. I did the exact same process twice with the Zagg screen and it gave me no issues so I have no idea what is going on. Going to contact RIM RMA, if they don't replace it then I am done with this device.
    12-14-12 02:49 AM
    I recently ran a pole on here seeing how many people on here had scratches on their pb if they didnt use a screen protector. It seems as if almost no one has scratches. I took mine off and havent looked back. Colors are better and screen feels better.
    Yep, had mine as long as possible, still brand new looking after a quick buff job. They're not needed.
    12-14-12 02:58 AM
    Yep, had mine as long as possible, still brand new looking after a quick buff job. They're not needed.
    I thought so too, til I put it in a bag that had some sand in it that I didn't realize was there. The silica particles CAN and WILL scratch the Playbook's screen.
    12-14-12 02:04 PM