RIM�s director of enterprise sales, Nick Dawson, at a recent conference stated that there will be an anticipated 110 000 apps available at the launch of BB10.

BlackBerry 10 Rebuilt From Scratch
    the_sleuth and Clinto like this.
    10-31-12 06:53 PM
    Sounds really nice, as long as the are quality.
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 10-31-12 at 07:09 PM.
    10-31-12 06:55 PM
    That's a rather dubious story. I suppose if they count songs and books as app (which I believe they already do) it's possible.

Sent from my 4s
    10-31-12 06:56 PM
    hmmmm...

And do we believe in that?

In 110 000 apps, how many of them will be funcional? How many will be books? And lego type games?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    rickster21 and elibohnert like this.
    10-31-12 07:05 PM
    As the chorus line around here often cries out: quality over quantity.
    BB fans shouldn't be concerned with the numbers, but rather which of the top apps will be available.

I hope that RIM takes a page from Microsoft's book and has courted a large majority of the top apps to their new platform.
    10-31-12 07:07 PM
    BB fans shouldn't be concerned with the numbers, but rather which of the top apps will be available.

I hope that RIM takes a page from Microsoft's book and has courted a large majority of the top apps to their new platform.
    I totally agree. However... I was just reading an article (The Windows 8 ecosystem: 5 best and 5 worst features | PCWorld) that quoted the total app statistic as a negative towards Windows Phone.

Not to mention this (Fact Check: Microsoft's Claims About App Numbers for Windows Phone | Gadget Lab | Wired.com) Wired article that disagrees with your statement that the 'top apps' are available for Windows Phone.

I'm all for quality, but for headlines... they need quantity too. I'm not going to be looking through 150000+ apps, I only need my 20-30, but it sure helps to make a splash in a headline.
    shupor likes this.
    10-31-12 07:25 PM
    I totally agree. However... I was just reading an article (The Windows 8 ecosystem: 5 best and 5 worst features | PCWorld) that quoted the total app statistic as a negative towards Windows Phone.

Not to mention this (Fact Check: Microsoft's Claims About App Numbers for Windows Phone | Gadget Lab | Wired.com) Wired article that disagrees with your statement that the 'top apps' are available for Windows Phone.

I'm all for quality, but for headlines... they need quantity too. I'm not going to be looking through 150000+ apps, I only need my 20-30, but it sure helps to make a splash in a headline.
    The theory is sound. iOS is the benchmark right now, and that's what everyone is going to compare them to. They're not going to match the quantity, so they've got to try and start catching up in quality. Imagine if the "top paid" and "top free" sections in Appworld were almost the same as iOS? That would be a huge feat. Nobody is going to care if Appworld is full of "Annoyed birds" and "Notflix", they've got to have the best.

Also, they're not "my statements", they're Microsoft's. It's all marketing speak anyway.
    elibohnert and BB_Bmore like this.
    10-31-12 07:32 PM
    why comment, you appear to have an itoy4S, so you would know all about useless apps :-)
    Why attack someones choice of phone because they have an opinion? Smh. Like it or not - nothing said there was inflammatory, shake your attitude home
    slice.
    10-31-12 07:33 PM
    60% - E-books

7%- Fart Apps

5%- Flashlight Apps

5%- Broken Android Apps

23%- Useful Apps.
    10-31-12 07:36 PM
    Just because its you Bla1ze, I deleted my comment :-) just don't see why people post on a BlackBerry forum if thy aren't Berry users
    10-31-12 07:50 PM
    RIM’s director of enterprise sales, Nick Dawson, at a recent conference stated that there will be an anticipated 110 000 apps available at the launch of BB10.

ROFLMAO

Nick Dawson must be trying to fool us by counting BlackBerry 10 applications as Adobe Air, WebKit, native, and Android ports. Naughty boys are visited by witches at Halloween.
    kevinnugent and elibohnert like this.
    10-31-12 07:58 PM
    I'm pretty sure this is a mis-quote. It's because there are currently around 110,000 apps in BlackBerry App World, which is probably what the RIM employee intended to say.
    10-31-12 08:03 PM
    Just because its you Bla1ze, I deleted my comment :-) just don't see why people post on a BlackBerry forum if thy aren't Berry users
    Could have previously been a Blackberry use, may have multiple devices, may be curious about Blackberry, may be from another platform and enthused about BB10, etc. In any case, I'm sure all are welcome here. No reason to show animosity towards someone; if anything, that reflects poorly on the site and potentially the brand.
    10-31-12 08:05 PM
    60% - E-books

7%- Fart Apps

5%- Flashlight Apps

5%- Broken Android Apps

23%- Useful Apps.
    is this any different on android or ios ?

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    FMB8900, rupam95, kemj and 1 others like this.
    10-31-12 08:37 PM
    is this any different on android or ios ?

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    Didn't see him say anything about iOS.
    10-31-12 08:41 PM
    RIM’s director of enterprise sales, Nick Dawson, at a recent conference stated that there will be an anticipated 110 000 apps available at the launch of BB10.

Cool. That's a great start. Thanks OP. I'm looking forward to an N series device.
    10-31-12 08:41 PM
    I forgot about submitted android apps. I am assuming they will run on BlackBerry 10?

Sent from my 4s
    10-31-12 09:34 PM
    Wow, sounds so WOW. But all users need is the useful apps to support their daily activity (work and pleasure). If BB10 is only has 10.000 apps, but all are worthed to buy or to install. I think it's more valuable than to have hundreds thousands apps that 75% are worthless.
    10-31-12 09:54 PM
    I don't believe him. Back in May there were only 25,000 QNX apps in app world. I can't see them having 4x as many 9 months later.

Source: 99,500 BlackBerry Apps Now in App World – 25% PlayBook Apps - BerryReview
    Last edited by Concession; 10-31-12 at 10:07 PM.
    Syrous44 likes this.
    10-31-12 09:56 PM
    I forgot about submitted android apps. I am assuming they will run on BlackBerry 10?

Sent from my 4s
    in BB10AD, it runs well.
    10-31-12 09:56 PM
    ROFLMAO

Nick Dawson must be trying to fool us by counting BlackBerry 10 applications as Adobe Air, WebKit, native, and Android ports. Naughty boys are visited by witches at Halloween.
    ok...what? a little too much punch on halloween?
    10-31-12 10:18 PM

The chorus around here is quite a bit different from the consumer market. They want quality AND quantity.

Quality to have the top apps. Quantity to keep them entertained.

Also within the quantity lie some gems of quality.
    10-31-12 10:26 PM
    And how many of it are Android ports?
    10-31-12 10:39 PM
    in BB10AD, it runs well.
    So BB10 will include android player? WTF???

Android Player sucks!!!!

If you want to put in android so badly, at least give us the whole OS not some BS player that can support very few apps.

I just don't get it. If RIM itself doesn't have the confidence with their app world and BB10 OS, and have to get help from BS Android...then I guess it ain't worth it.
    10-31-12 10:45 PM
    I want to be able to find a useful app quickly and not have to scour through 100s of apps that claim the same features, yet only one or two actually are worth the download
    10-31-12 10:55 PM
65 123