Hi,
    The replacement screen of my bold 9900 does not work. Initially, the glass cracked but the screen still worked, so I ordered the glass and digitizer. After replacing the glass, the entire lcd didnt work anymore. I figured I may have had the wrong digitzer, so I ordered the entire lcd, making sure i had the right version (001/111). After replacing this, it still doesnt work. The screen is black, however it becomes backlt when I press on it. The rest of the phone seems to work, the keys and trackpad light up. I should also probably mention that i broke the black t5 screws during repair and am awaiting an order of replacement. Does anybody know how i could get the screen to work or what the problem might be? Thx
    10-30-12 09:43 AM
    Go back in & make sure all the connection are tight.
    10-30-12 09:57 AM
    I've done that a number of times. I'm confident the connections are fine, it must be sth else.
    10-30-12 03:11 PM
    have you cleaned the connectors too? if it connecting and working when you press down it is most likely not connected properly
    10-30-12 04:08 PM
    Hmm, I'd guess its not connected properly because of the missing screws, which keep the LCD in place. But even then, it only lights the screen, it doesnt show anything.
    10-30-12 04:28 PM
    I replaced the LCD from a 9790 recently because I drop the phone.

It cost me $140 dollars, a good price because my carrier wants $260 dollars.

It is better that some tech do the change, they know how to do it fast and easy.
    10-30-12 05:41 PM
    In hindsight i agree, but as ive already spent money on the digitizer and the screen id rather not sink any more money into the phone, at least if i can avoid it.
    10-30-12 09:24 PM
    Are you sure you've got the ribbon cable pushed ALL the way in. I thought I had in the past and the screen would not illuminate.
    dread_nought likes this.
    10-30-12 10:28 PM
    Also I don't the screws would have any effect.
    10-30-12 10:29 PM
    I just disassembled and reassembled it and made sure the ribbon is all the way in. Unfortunately the problem is still exactly the same
    10-31-12 12:04 AM
    I just disassembled and reassembled it and made sure the ribbon is all the way in. Unfortunately the problem is still exactly the same
    You have to wonder if it was even a screen problem then. Possible you got sold a bum screen but if that connector is fully in and the silver panel clipped tight on it, I think it could be the motherboard.
    10-31-12 12:16 AM
    Possible. The problem with the bum screen theory is that I have the same effect with my old screen, which used to work fine. The repair was originally just to clear up the cracked glass, the original screen was fine. The phone itself seems to still be functional, I was able to receive calls even though the screen isnt turning on.
    10-31-12 12:36 AM
    Where did you get the part, most ebay parts are chinese fake look a likes and wont work.

Gotta get the part from another 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-31-12 12:51 AM
    10-31-12 12:54 AM
    Ok, so I fiddled with it again and it turns out the ribbon was the reason for the lighting issue after all. For some reason it would only go on when i fiddled with it, so ive fixed it in place with a small piece of tape and now at least the screen is lit. Thx mhw100 for the hint. However, the screen still doesnt show anything. For a very brief moment it showed the blackberry loading screen while i was turning it on. I have trying to replicate it unsuccessfully, but its giving me hope Thx for the help so far! Any ideas how i could get it to work fully again?
    10-31-12 01:48 AM
    It must be the contacts on the board where the ribbon inserts. Have you tried cleaning in there...under the closing silver tray.
    10-31-12 11:11 PM
    I tried cleaning- still not working. But how do you get under the silver tray??? Its basically impossible to clean, just enough space for the ribbon.
    11-01-12 05:36 PM
    what are you cleaning it with? rubbing alcohol on a q tip is ideal (isopropyl) as it doesnt leave any residue, is safe for circuitry and dries quickly. id recommend leaving the battery out for at least a day to ensure its fully dried though. imm sure you definetly need the screws back in afterwards for it to function correctly as i know placing screws in the wrong coloured screw slot is warned against
    11-01-12 07:35 PM