I'm completely at a loss on how to revive my dead BB Torch 9850. I've reloaded operating systems multiple times in the past on various devices, but it won't work this time.

I noticed a problem over the past few weeks when my device began freezing more often than usual (both during use and during reboots), so I decided to reload the OS and get a fresh start. I backed up my device and then wiped it using BBSAK. Now whenever the device begins to reboot, the loading bar progresses 3/4 and then the screen turns white (No "Reload Software 507" message).

The problem I'm having is that when I use AppLoader to try to reload my OS, it connects to the JVM, begins loading the new software, reboots the device and then tries to reconnect to the JVM. But I keep receiving an error telling me that AppLoader can't reconnect to the JVM. So I can't complete the reinstall process. It give me a warning window with the opportunity to "Retry" but even when I reboot the device, I can't get the process to continue.

Is there anything I can do to get a new OS loaded on my device? I'm assuming that if I can get a fresh OS loaded, my problems should hopefully be solved.

Thanks in advance.
    Michael Williams12 likes this.
    10-29-12 09:35 AM
    There's a lot a things that one can try. I recently just ran in trouble while reloading my OS as well.

Firstly, are you using a Mac and virtualisation software to run windows? I encountered this once where the phone was unable to connect to JVM as well because I'm running a virtualisation software, something to do with the USB port. If this is the case, try an actual PC, or run it in bootcamp. If not, it might be other reasons.

Then, are you using the usb cable that came with the phone? In my experience, 3rd party cables sometimes will cause error. I know this from experience, and the problem goes away with another cable or USB port on the PC.

Have you checked whether you deleted both vendor files? I know the 2nd hidden one does pop in from time to time on random it seems.

Also, when it reboots and unable to reconnect to JVM, does the LED blinks while the phone keeps rebooting? If so, does it blink twice continuously (blink, blink, pause, blink blink pause...), or once (blink, pause, blink pause...)?
    10-29-12 07:05 PM
    I've used only PCs -- both Windows XP and Windows 7. From what I remember, the USB is from RIM/BlackBerry. I'm not sure where the second vendor files is, but I've never had a problem in the past, and I've also tried installing the Verizon OS that should comply with the vendor file constraints.

During the OS install process (AppLoader or Desktop Manager), the initial information is loaded and the program reboots my device. When the phone reboots, the LED flashes red and then turns off, the the BlackBerry splash screen and loading bar appear, the bar loads 3/4, and then the screen turns white and displays no error message. It's here that the application is unable to reconnect to the JVM and then I'm offered the opportunity to "Retry," but it's never successful.
    Last edited by abran770; 10-30-12 at 01:50 PM.
    10-30-12 11:26 AM
    Perhaps you can try to launch Loader.exe with command line. Run cmd on your PC. navigate to the folder Loader.exe is in by using cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\... etc till you get there. Then launch it with "Loader.exe /nojvm". See whether this works.

One way is to try to uninstall all BBDM and OS files installed. Then reinstall everything. Its a pita i know, but some users have reported that to work.
    Searzy likes this.
    10-30-12 07:01 PM
    I've used only PCs -- both Windows XP and Windows 7. From what I remember, the USB is from RIM/BlackBerry. I'm not sure where the second vendor files is, but I've never had a problem in the past, and I've also tried installing the Verizon OS that should comply with the vendor file constraints.

During the OS install process (AppLoader or Desktop Manager), the initial information is loaded and the program reboots my device. When the phone reboots, the LED flashes red and then turns off, the the BlackBerry splash screen and loading bar appear, the bar loads 3/4, and then the screen turns white and displays no error message. It's here that the application is unable to reconnect to the JVM and then I'm offered the opportunity to "Retry," but it's never successful.
    try to reformat your Monaco with BBSAK first, then you can go with reinstall the OS. If you use BBSAK, try to install the OS with loader.exe. You can find loader.exe by search it or c:/programfiles/commonfiles/researchinmotion/apploader.
    10-31-12 02:04 AM
    Weird guess but might help, I can recall it working a while ago. Have you installed the correct USB drivers for the windows computer?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    11-01-12 01:35 PM
    I had a similar issue with my 9850 continuously rebooting. I wiped the OS and attempted to reinstall, however during the installation, it would go back to the continuous reboot thing. I found an article on CrackBerry explaining how to work around this. I cannot recall the exact name, but it has to do with rebooting in safe mode with the battery out. I'm pretty sure I searched "continuous reboot" in the forums....hope this helps...
    11-02-12 09:32 PM
    I found the article. It's called "How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry" by Kevin Michaluk. It is found under How To and Tips, BlackBerry 101. It's from 2007, but this is what I followed to get my 9850 back.
    11-02-12 10:14 PM
    Bbsak is where its at. Perfect for when loader.exe is tripping.
    11-22-12 04:28 PM
    Bbh tool another good program,,, remove vendor files just a matter of 1 click...
    11-22-12 08:53 PM
    I'm having a similar problem in my Torch 9860

The Loading Bar goes to about 70% of the way then results in a Blank White Screen. I have tried almost every possible way to wipe out the data but the unit does not respond to any wipe attempt I make (BBSAK, BBMCP, JL_CMDER, LOADER /NOJVM).

Any suggestions on possible ways I might have overlooked that can help revive my phone would be greatly appreciated.
    11-27-12 08:44 PM
    i wipe mine right on the phone right b4 i load update,,, i get the white screen too & the first time i thought something was wrong,,, sometimes it takes longer than you'd expect,,, if you're getting an error mssg, in my experience, it's usually because vendor files haven't been removed...
    11-28-12 06:50 PM
    Hi There,

I also facing the same situation with you for almost 1 month. But it's over now maybe you could try the same way that I did :
    visit NUKE, WIPE, NAL and OS all in one script - GSM-Forum for the details.

I choose number 7 and it stucks when uploading NAL (I guess because I don't put the right file ) but at least my 9860 is having new state where the led is blinking.

so I just run the loader process, and now I can play with my 9860.

cheers
    Searzy likes this.
    02-16-13 06:16 PM
    This actually worked!!! I'm not completely sure how to use the program because you have to locate, place and rename a few files, but this definitely fixed something. Is there a tutorial for this process that's more in-depth?

Currently, my 9850 is up and running, but I'm continuing to receive an error message for the built-in memory after random reboots. My device will also freeze on occasion on spontaneously reboot from time to time. Is there any way to remedy these symptoms? Or is something inside my BB just fried to bits?

Thanks so much!!!
    Searzy likes this.
    03-28-13 11:43 AM
    Hi,

How did you fix the 9850? Using the nuke, wipe, nal, sfi, os files?

Can you clairify the process? Meaning: What is the NAL Loader, AND What is the Full OS Loader (I figured this is the App Loader - so renamed). Found the sfi file also...

PLEASE ADVISE
    04-09-13 06:26 PM
    SUCCESS!!

What did I do?

Well,.... I used that Wipe, Nuke, WTF file... only being able to use the Wipe and Nuke features (1 & 2), cause I couldn't find / rename the files correctly.

THEN

Used the new BB DM - Hit repair - then update...

AND

Voila!! Rocking the latest .825 leak for the Torch 9860, ahem,,.. SCORCH!!
    (can't wait until .861 for the 9860 drops)
    Alex_Hong and RiD1 like this.
    04-09-13 08:41 PM
    This works!
    RiD1 likes this.
    06-03-13 04:47 PM
    how did you make your 9850 to work
    09-08-13 07:45 PM
    I need NAL loader for 9850
    09-08-13 07:46 PM
    halo i have the same problem with my BB 9860, it boots up 70% then comes the white screen then phone is not detected, the white screen jus remains . i tried BBMCP, while connecting to BBMCP once the phone reboots the seek bar is in quarter stage so factory reset or wipe is not possible and in BBSAK it doesnt recognize the device itself, i tried reloading thru apploader, and also thru BB desktop software nothing works out, being pissed off and helpless for the last two days....guys plz help me.
    01-29-14 10:02 AM
    hi i saw your post similar to mine so wanted to ask you how did u get over the issue plz help me. i have a bb9860 it boots up till 70% the goes white screen where the phone is not anymore detectable. i tried using BBMCP, BBSAK in latter program it doesnt recognize me device at all, in BBMCP i hav to click the factory reset when phone initializes, by the time phone initializes and it detects the PIN the load bar is to quarter stage. plz help me i am suffering for the last 3 days.
    01-30-14 12:26 AM
    PLEASE GUYS AM HAVING ONE BIG PROBLEM HERE WITH MY 9580, AFTER LOADING FOR LIKE 70% IT DISPLAY WHITE SCREEN AND HAVE TRY APPLOADER , BBSAK, DESKTOP MANAGER NOTHING GOOD SEEM TO HAPPEN.I EVEN TRIED BBMCP THE APPLICATION IS NOT HIGHTING THE FACTORY RESET BOTTON. HAVE TRY THIS (
    visit NUKE, WIPE, NAL and OS all in one script - GSM-Forum for the details.
    I choose number 7 and it stucks when uploading NAL (I guess because I don't put the right file ) but at least my 9860 is having new state where the led is blinking.) AFTER INSTALLING ALL NECCESARY FILE STILL TELLING ME 'CFP' IS NOT RECOGNIZED AS AN EXTERNAL OR INTERNAL COMMAND. PLS HELP OOOOOO MY DEAR FRNDS.....THANKS IN ADVANCE
    02-08-14 09:37 PM
    Use the direct USB port in the back of your pc for direct detection.

I read that somewhere in the forums.

The procedure I listed works.

searzyOUT!!
    RiD1 likes this.
    02-09-14 08:56 PM
    I registered, just to thank SEARZY!!!

His method is the only thing that worked for me after 2 days of trying everything else.

SUCCESS!!

What did I do?

Well,.... I used that Wipe, Nuke, WTF file... only being able to use the Wipe and Nuke features (1 & 2), cause I couldn't find / rename the files correctly.

THEN

Used the new BB DM - Hit repair - then update...
    Im not a BB person, just fixed my sisters BB9810 which was only loading to 75% and then white screened!
    I tried BBSAK, but its wipe was useless, as it still had the issue after the wipe and wouldnt connect to JVM after loading files.

This NUKE METHOD works like a bomb! I too couldnt find the loaders, so i tried my luck and used SEARZY's method without the loaders.
    Here's What i DID:

1 Obtain the WIPE, NUKE Script
    2 Removed battery
    3 Connect to PC without BATTERY
    4 Run the WIPE NUKE Script as it is without any NAL or full loaders.
    5 Execute Step 2 - DUAL WIPE
    6 Execute Step 3 - NUKE

Close the script and exit it completely after this step

7 Connect to BB Desktop Manager still without Battery, and click on REPAIR/UPDATE
    8 Just before the process begins when it asks for your email adress for features, I inserted the battery and quickly pressed next
    9 It went smoothly and after the reboot was able to connect to JVM again and the problem is solved. And the phone is sitting with an up to date OS.

THANKS A MILLION SEARZY!!!
    Without your method I would never have achieved this because i just couldnt find any loaders. Almost everyone is linked to RAPIDSHARE and they dont exist and the files on 4shared have all been deleted. Even the WIPE NUKE script itself no longer exists, i found it on someone's google share.

I cannot post links to share the WIPE NUKE script cos I apparently need 10 posts before i can do that. Aint nobody got time for that!!!

I just googled Fast_Installer_Share.rar and i used the first google drive link.
    05-02-15 03:46 AM