Any word on when or if a new 10 inch Playbook is on the way? I really want/need a 10 in tablet and would prefer to get a BlackBerry but if one isn't on the way, I will have to go another way.
    10-29-12 08:33 AM
    Yup, there are rumours about a 10inch PB.

Wait till Q2 2013 to see...
    netwerks1 likes this.
    10-29-12 08:35 AM
    Wow, you're kidding me? I thought I heard a while back that a 10 inch was on it's way this fall (Nov)? Man I'm getting tired of waiting all the time for RIM, just saying.
    10-29-12 08:40 AM

It exists it was coming for november. But as they forge ahead with BB10 and pushed back the date they also scrapped this design. We will see a Blackforest device 10" coming around Q3 of calendar 2013. Releaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attached Thumbnails Any news on 10 inch Playbook?-original.jpg  
    netwerks1 likes this.
    10-29-12 09:04 AM
    http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17uf...g/original.jpg
    It exists it was coming for november. But as they forge ahead with BB10 and pushed back the date they also scrapped this design. We will see a Blackforest device 10" coming around Q3 of calendar 2013. Releaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...t_2266602b.jpg
    Thanks for the update. That is like a year out and then one has to consider the likelihood of RIM missing the date and pushing it out even further. I'll probably buy it when and if it does come out but I'm not going to wait that long for a ten inch. Like I said before, I'll probably look hard at the surface with windows 8, at least it should have skype
    10-29-12 09:11 AM
    When BB10 is released current Playbook owners will likely get it a month or two later on the road map they have it smack dab between Q1 and Q2. With that said, Skype, Instagram, Netflicks they will all be there. RIM will not launch without them and THAT is why this release has taken so long, they have to get a ton of developers on board and that takes time. Playbook has a "facetime" like functionality Playbook to Playbook. I expect them to integrate Skype, Ovoo etc into the Playbooks video chat much like they integrate Facebook messages into the messages app on Playbook. You'd simply add your skype account to the "Accounts" section of Playbook.

have no fear, BB10 is near. November we're gonna be another update to the dev alphas which will show off more. They are going bit by bit so as to not spoil the surprise and also not let the competition copy them. iOS develoeprs have already ripped off the BB10 keyboard, although reallly it doesnt compare

a lot of "effort" but not the same thing. BB10 keyboard is patented out the
    netwerks1 and diegonei like this.
    10-29-12 09:21 AM
    So you're saying that we'll be getting Skype, Netflix, etc on our PB's with the BB10 update? Niceeeeee, now that is some good news.
    10-29-12 09:24 AM
    Nothing is said yet... To be to hopeful...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-29-12 11:13 AM
    There is no guarantee Skype, Netflix will be available for launch with BlackBerry10. No one has confirmed this.
    10-29-12 11:18 AM
    Nothing is said yet... To be to hopeful...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Really need to heed this warning...that roadmap is old, and things could already be delayed. Thor has also contradicted the roadmap somewhat saying they're only concentrating on BB10 phones for the time being.

Same thing goes for Skype/Netflix/insertimportantapphere...no confirmation on any of these yet, so everything you read is going to be speculation.
    10-29-12 11:45 AM
    That would be nice if those was on there even though most North American citizens are so app hungry it isn't funny.I guess I am a good pol fashion crackberry fan that just likes to get things done on Blackberry products,and do the other stuff elsewhere. I can facebook,twitter,google+,explore the web,email,text message,bbm and call people.That should be more than enough to keep most of us busy.The blackberry browser just needs to support flash and we would have it made in my opnion.Just keep on upgrading the os 7 and get the bugs out of it and make a all touchscreen version of it to make the younger generation happy and show the developers that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    10-29-12 11:46 AM
    That would be nice if those was on there even though most North American citizens are so app hungry it isn't funny.I guess I am a good pol fashion crackberry fan that just likes to get things done on Blackberry products,and do the other stuff elsewhere. I can facebook,twitter,google+,explore the web,email,text message,bbm and call people.That should be more than enough to keep most of us busy.The blackberry browser just needs to support flash and we would have it made in my opnion.Just keep on upgrading the os 7 and get the bugs out of it and make a all touchscreen version of it to make the younger generation happy and show the developers that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    Your needs and desires do not reflect those of the general population of smartphone users.
    Also, your suggestion already exists and did not seem to "make the younger generation happy" BlackBerry Torch 9850 & Torch 9860 - BlackBerry 9850 - BlackBerry 9860 - Tablet
    10-29-12 12:02 PM