As title says when the phone is bridged to the playbook the phone gets really hot and the battery drains very fast (like in 2 hours from full charge) even when both devices are in standby. I did a lot testing, uninstalling suspicious apps on the phone and I found out it was bridge. Now I only bridge the phone when I need internet on the PB but it sucks not be bridged all the time.

Just wanted to share my case.

Rgds.
    10-26-12 12:39 PM
    Sorry to hear that. Maybe if you joined the beta zone and post your issue there someone might look into it.
    10-26-12 01:02 PM
    I have a 9360 that is bridged to my playbook all the time. Battery lasts 2 days. Now I'm not a big cell phone user, just the odd call and some texts t the kids. There was a time when my battery was draining at an amazing rate, but discovered if I turned off the phone and then restarted it, I had no more batter issues. I think I had a lot of apps running in the background.
    10-26-12 01:49 PM
    No issue with bridge, since updates the bridge is better than ever, battery dose drain when in use but not more than expected. Is it possible you have any app's running while in standby.
    10-26-12 03:52 PM
    I don't use my phone a lot either, and at the beginning that was the first thing I did, a battery pull and the problem was solved for the day. But it turns annoying to be checking the phone for heat and draining so I started to delete suspicios app, test and reinstall, until one day I turn off bridge and the draining stopped and been without battery drain for a cople of weeks now. Thanks anyway.
    10-26-12 03:59 PM
    No issue with bridge, since updates the bridge is better than ever, battery dose drain when in use but not more than expected. Is it possible you have any app's running while in standby.
    I have the latest bridge version 2.1.0.26 I thought about apps running in standby that's why I deleted the suspicios ones, the other possibilty was an app running in stand by in the PB but I don't know to verify that. besides I have the setting in the PB to apps in the backgroun to be in pause.
    10-26-12 04:05 PM
    Do you have a hotmail account on the native Playbook Messages app? I had the exact same problem with my Torch 9800. I thought my battery was starting to crap out so I bought a new battery. Battery was still overheating and draining fast. I was going to start deleting apps on my phone but I googled the issue and someone mentioned that hotmail accounts on the native Messages app was causing it. I deleted not just my hotmail but all of my email accounts on the app and phone battery life has gone back to normal. I've read that you can re-add your email accounts again and the battery won't drain, but I didn't bother because I use the Messages app on Bridge more often anyways.
    10-26-12 09:36 PM
    Do you have a hotmail account on the native Playbook Messages app? I had the exact same problem with my Torch 9800. I thought my battery was starting to crap out so I bought a new battery. Battery was still overheating and draining fast. I was going to start deleting apps on my phone but I googled the issue and someone mentioned that hotmail accounts on the native Messages app was causing it. I deleted not just my hotmail but all of my email accounts on the app and phone battery life has gone back to normal. I've read that you can re-add your email accounts again and the battery won't drain, but I didn't bother because I use the Messages app on Bridge more often anyways.
    Not hotmail, but gmail in the native mail app. Will delete the account and let you know. thanks.
    10-29-12 10:44 AM