Someone was trying to send me pictures from their AT&T Pantech phone via MMS and my BB 9810 couldn't receive them--other phones could. I could send pictures from my 9810 to the same Pantech phone and they would be received.

I called AT&T tech support, spent an hour, and after putting my SIM card in another phone we verified the SIM was OK. The tech guy said to reload the OS, which I didn't want to do--not worth the time.

I then searched and found this, which applied to OS 5, but seemed to make sense. KB15700-Unable to receive MMS messages on the BlackBerry smartphone

I first checked the Firewall and it wasn't on. I then went to Browser Push under Device Advanced Options--it was disabled--so I enabled it. It then had WAP Push and MDS Push enabled and I was then able to receive pictures.

Questions: 1. Why was Browser Push off if it was supposed to be on? Is the default "on" or "off"? I don't have Push option enabled in the Browser itself, even now.

2. What is MDS Push and should it be on or off? I searched it and it seems to apply only to BES, not BIS, which is what I have (BIS).

3. Wouldn't this be a common problem--not being able to receive pictures--if Browser Push, hidden way down in Options where most people don't even look, is set to "off" as a default?

Any comments about this? I suppose this post will be searchable and maybe helpful if others do have the same issue.
    10-23-12 09:51 PM
    Browser push was turned off on a lot of phones to save battery power, and durring 7.1 upgrade, some phones the option got tured off. I was having trouble with my 9810 receiving any mms from iOS devices, sending them fine, receiving from android fine, revieving from any other phone (except iOS) fine. Blackberrys were designed for buisness, and since SMS are standized, MMS are not, every OS is justa bit diferent. When you send a MMS, it sends it to ATT enterprise server, thhere it converts it to other OS MMS, and then sends it on its way. In a enterprise enviroment, the company pays for how many phones are registered to it, and that is why ATT has to chage for their blackberry plans. Hope that answered some of your questions
    10-24-12 06:33 AM