Honestly I do not want to be bashing Apple but seriously doesn't this get borring ? Over and over and over again same thing year after year with a little bit better specs. is this really innovation. Apple is runing its success on Jobs genious. The fact that Apple did actually mention Google by name and compare ipad mini to nexus. mind blowing imo. apple must feel heat. three ipads in one year. first ipad with retina display. now ipad 4. what's up with that ? why bother with retina one in the first place. People get bored with apple. just go to cnn.com and read comments.

Rim will bring fresh air to otherwise boring apple run market.
    Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    axeman1000, citystars41 and mud314 like this.
    10-23-12 04:39 PM
    Hey, they blew your mind. That was the goal. Hater converted

Sent from a phone of some kind.
    10-23-12 04:40 PM
    Hey, they blew your mind. That was the goal. Hater converted

no it is mind blowing that Apple actually acknowledged competition by name.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    10-23-12 04:41 PM
    Blown Mind!!!! I will inform them thusly.

osbook and mikeo007 like this.
    10-23-12 04:43 PM
    Blown Mind!!!! I will inform them thusly.

Flipping heck I'm sitting here cracking up near tears!?! Hilarious...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Blacklatino and 00stryder like this.
    10-23-12 04:46 PM
    I see Apple flooding the market with a -load of devices all running get same legacy OS which is what RIM was bashed for and caused them to lose their spot in the market. Shouldn't Apple learn from history? RIM is currently rebuilding themselves while Apple got too comfortable on top. Consumers are getting tired. Just like a lot of us were with BB.
    10-23-12 05:07 PM
    I see Apple flooding the market with a -load of devices all running get same legacy OS which is what RIM was bashed for and caused them to lose their spot in the market. Shouldn't Apple learn from history? RIM is currently rebuilding themselves while Apple got too comfortable on top. Consumers are getting tired. Just like a lot of us were with BB.
    You'll probably find that RIM was criticized for having an operating system that was 10 years behind the times. Blackberry 10 is their opportunity to catch-up rather than pull ahead. iOS has many years left in it Simply because it's the applications that make it what it is. Many people can live with the legacy operating system if the applications make it worthwhile.

10-23-12 05:10 PM
    Shouldn't Apple learn from history?
    Actually RIM should be learning from [Apple's] history. Comebacks from the brink of death ARE possible with a team and a leader that truly believe in the products they make and staying focused on the single thing that makes BB10 awesome, the OS.
    10-23-12 05:14 PM
    I saw an article on Mashable about the new Ipad 4, which no one saw coming. Apparently there is a group of Ipad 3 buyers who are quite upset that they have recently bought Ipads and they are obsolete.

Not to bash Apple. The Ipad 3 is 6 months old and they are upset.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-23-12 05:43 PM
    They're moving their products to the newer components. The cost of buying tech. Android is a classic example, bigger and better released every week.

10-23-12 05:45 PM
    You'll probably find that RIM was criticized for having an operating system that was 10 years behind the times. Blackberry 10 is their opportunity to catch-up rather than pull ahead. iOS has many years left in it Simply because it's the applications that make it what it is. Many people can live with the legacy operating system if the applications make it worthwhile.

Actually RIM should be learning from [Apple's] history. Comebacks from the brink of death ARE possible with a team and a leader that truly believe in the products they make and staying focused on the single thing that makes BB10 awesome, the OS.
    They're moving their products to the newer components. The cost of buying tech. Android is a classic example, bigger and better released every week.

And pissing off their customer base in the process.
    Those who buy an alert product gets annoyed a year later that their devices are "obsolete". Now this time, with the 4, is only 7 months later.

Androids practice of this annoys some developers with its many choices of devices and OS'. We as tech savy individuals may see the method to the madness, but how about when the madness hits the wallet?
    Personally, I think they shouldve held off the 4 a little longer. The Mini is a cool idea, not everyone wants to carry a 10" tablet.
    And you're right about the history lesson- Apple was on the brink of death and became what they are now, but it does go both ways. To quote the newer BSG, "This has all happened before". I have respect for Apple. But they have already pissed off a lot of their users who bought the Three. Next thing you know, they'll come out with the iPad5 on Christmas!
    It's good to unify the hardware, but shouldn't that be the planning of R&D? Software and hardware.
    10-23-12 06:09 PM

this does not make sense what so ever. It does not make sense to release new tablet and literally 6 months later make it outdated. I read live comments on mobile nation and they were not great. Many feel disappointed and overall felt whole thing was underwhelming.seriously i cannot believe that apple cannot get rid off this ugly home button already. BB10, Win8 are far more advanced operating systems. I have windows 8 on my laptop and metro is really cool. I just cannot wait for BB10. BB10 feels so much productive. Seriously Apple still does not support true multitasking. What is up with that. I think that if Steve Job was around he would not release ipad mini the way it is now and he would not release three tablets in one year. It is significant that Google Nexus was mentioned during APPLE conference. Apple feels heat from less expensive tablets and it does not want for android tablets to jump ipad like android phones did with iphone.
    10-23-12 06:15 PM
    this does not make sense what so ever. It does not make sense to release new tablet and literally 6 months later make it outdated. I read live comments on mobile nation and they were not great. Many feel disappointed and overall felt whole thing was underwhelming.seriously i cannot believe that apple cannot get rid off this ugly home button already. BB10, Win8 are far more advanced operating systems. I have windows 8 on my laptop and metro is really cool. I just cannot wait for BB10. BB10 feels so much productive. Seriously Apple still does not support true multitasking. What is up with that. I think that if Steve Job was around he would not release ipad mini the way it is now and he would not release three tablets in one year. It is significant that Google Nexus was mentioned during APPLE conference. Apple feels heat from less expensive tablets and it does not want for android tablets to jump ipad like android phones did with iphone.
    "Honestly, I do not want to be bashing apple"
    Are you certain?

Luckily for you your mind was blown so you can't be a run of the mill troll.

10-23-12 06:19 PM
    Who cares about the Apple mini...it's going to be DOA!
    10-23-12 06:26 PM
    Who cares about the Apple mini...it's going to be DOA!
    Nice. I see what you did there.

10-23-12 06:31 PM
    How is that a valid comparison? Apple is one OEM. Android is a bunch of OEMs all competing against one another. Hypothetically, if Samsung were to release a tab, is HTC or whoever else going to sit there and think, "well gee, I guess we better wait a year before we release our tablet so that the people who just bought a Galaxy tab won't get upset..."?
    10-23-12 06:53 PM
    By the way, this thread reminds me of this comic: What it's like to own an Apple product - The Oatmeal
    10-23-12 06:59 PM
    Are you certain?

Luckily for you your mind was blown so you can't be a run of the mill troll.

not much innovation imo.
    10-23-12 07:11 PM
    How is that a valid comparison? Apple is one OEM. Android is a bunch of OEMs all competing against one another. Hypothetically, if Samsung were to release a tab, is HTC or whoever else going to sit there and think, "well gee, I guess we better wait a year before we release our tablet so that the people who just bought a Galaxy tab won't get upset..."?
    It wasn't a comparison. Android was just an example of technology becoming obsolete almost immediately. I honestly don't care if people bought the iPad 3 and seven months later the iPad 4 came out. You BlackBerry guys would be gagging for a new device every 7 months.

Apple gets bitched at for releasing one update a year, when they up that a little they get bitched at again. It is pathetic what people will use as an excuse to complain.

10-23-12 07:12 PM
    We can all agree that Apple is most certainly doooooooooomed as usual. Just like they were after the original iPad, the iPhone 4s, the iPad 2, and the iPhone 5. Doomed, I tell you!

In reality, however, the iPad Mini will be hugely successful, and will outsell the Playbook in very short order.

In reality, there is absolutely no useful comparison between Apple in 2012 and RIM in 2008.

But I'm sure Apple is doomed any day now.
    10-23-12 07:18 PM
    I find it hilarious that the iPhans are rolling back their opinion that "7 inches is too small for a tablet"...
    Steve said they would never release one...
    He's dead and Tim did it...
    Apple is going to perish one day because Steve had a vision of making Apple a particular way and it worked...
    Rome will burn
    10-23-12 07:18 PM
    It'll probably out sell the playbook in one hour of pre-orders.

mikeo007 and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    10-23-12 07:19 PM
    And people should really look up the definition of the word "obsolete." Betamax is obsolete. The 3rd gen iPad is not. Anyone who says otherwise is trolling or hysterical.
    I find it hilarious that the iPhans are rolling back their opinion that "7 inches is too small for a tablet"...
    Steve said they would never release one...
    He's dead and Tim did it...
    Apple is going to perish one day because Steve had a vision of making Apple a particular way and it worked...
    Rome will burn
    Do you think this iPad only went into development after Steve Jobs death? That's rather na�ve.

The truth of the matter is that the clowns will be standing in line 3 days before the launch date waiting to get their hands on it.
    kdeckels and madman0141 like this.
    10-23-12 07:21 PM
189 123 ...