I am frustrated as , the PB is an excellent device, far better than my Wife's Ipad........ but why are we still waiting for a Sky Go app, why is the Video call limited to PB only interaction..... Things need to open up or the PB will fade away
    10-23-12 06:05 AM
    Okay guys, this is my views. RIM didn't put Skype on the playbook yet because rim wants to be on top of the game with the new bb10 phones! A bit late....than never, anyway With the new full feathered BB10 coming out sometime next year, maybe with skype..So why put it no the playbook now? When rim mite put BB10 on the playbook? that's got skype built in. Anyway my point is rim wants people to be using Skype on the playbook to bbm10 phones, not playbook to IOS, Android, Samsung or Htc device.. Witch will be the case later.... why lose the market to customer now, and they are so close to taking it back!
    Everyone knows skype to skype works on any device that's got skype on it....
    RIM wants people to buy playbook with bb10 phones so if rim add put Skype in 2.1 update for the playbook they would have lost some more of there market, Because customers would have brought the awesome playbook skype with iphones if it was released then, and not wait for the awesome bb10 phones.
    JUST MY THOUGHTS!
    DONT HATE THE GAME! HATE THE PLAYERS.
    10-23-12 08:39 AM
    I dont believe its a case of RIM not wanting Skype - Skype need to develop the app and they do not seem keen to.

Regarding Sky Go - again, it's up to Sky or whoever develops their apps to develop the app.
    10-23-12 09:24 AM
    Sky+ will not be on playbook for a while. If you noticed, sky+ was pushed on the back of it working on iPad/iPhone/iPod. It seems they have a big deal with apple at the moment. So i wont be expecting sky+ on playbook/bb10 any time soon
    10-23-12 10:00 AM
    You can watch Sky News and Sky Sports in the browser here- AtdheNet.TV - Watch Free Live Sports TV
    10-23-12 10:05 AM
    I dont believe its a case of RIM not wanting Skype - Skype need to develop the app and they do not seem keen to.

Regarding Sky Go - again, it's up to Sky or whoever develops their apps to develop the app.
    I agree but I find is weird that bing is default search engine on bb platform. I think skype is coming to bb10 right after win8 version is released.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    10-23-12 10:23 AM
    Well I guess they have to push Bing wherever they can - I have trouble getting it to find even a microsoft site the few times I've used it
    10-23-12 10:32 AM
    As Microsoft owns Skpe and Wndows 8 smartphones will be in direct competition with BB10 for 3rd place bragging rights..... I would not be surprised to see some foot dragging on Mcrosofts part.... after all there is no law saying any developer has to develop for any particular platform....
    10-23-12 10:54 AM
    Look at it this way......

What percentage of the tablet market does Apple and Android make up? Hmmm 98%+?

So why would anyone bother with seriously developing for the Playbook? We are strictly curiosity value only.

Shame but let's face it.....
    10-23-12 11:59 AM
    What about minecraft,skype and temple run? Will we see them in bb10?
    Thanks.
    10-23-12 01:36 PM
    A Sky Go application would be nice. I guess that's pretty much down to Sky to sort out. One of the other posts mentioned Sky+ not coming to the PlayBook anytime soon.. I am successfully using the sideloaded android sky+ app. Have remote record set up and find this works really well
    Last edited by gritmaster; 10-23-12 at 05:05 PM.
    10-23-12 04:53 PM
    "..why are we still waiting for a Sky Go app..."

Regards this app' and "skype" ... have you and other like-minded individuals taken the 10+ min. to wordsmith/send a note to the respective manufacturer/developers !!?

If not yeeeech !

IF ya have and still a negative get organized and once a month send those individual notes till they finally come across with the app', or have a stop harassment order laid against you and the thousands of your like-minded senders !!

imho
    10-24-12 06:49 PM
    "..why are we still waiting for a Sky Go app..."

Regards this app' and "skype" ... have you and other like-minded individuals taken the 10+ min. to wordsmith/send a note to the respective manufacturer/developers !!?

If not yeeeech !

IF ya have and still a negative get organized and once a month send those individual notes till they finally come across with the app', or have a stop harassment order laid against you and the thousands of your like-minded senders !!

imho
    Good luck to the four of you!
    10-25-12 05:33 AM
    Now that we have a good working Android 4.2.2 working, is there a way of testing if the Android version of SkyGo works on Z10?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 09:11 AM
    Here's a thought, just a though but I don't have many so?

My wife has a Samsung S3. It is android do we all agree? She can get Sky Go. My son's have Samsung Tab 10.1s which are on the same version of Android as my wife but they can't get Sky Go. However you can get Sky Go on the 7" Samsung Tab?

Now if Sky/Android can't get their act together what chance do BlackBerry stand?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 09:32 AM
    Here's a thought, just a though but I don't have many so?

My wife has a Samsung S3. It is android do we all agree? She can get Sky Go. My son's have Samsung Tab 10.1s which are on the same version of Android as my wife but they can't get Sky Go. However you can get Sky Go on the 7" Samsung Tab?

Now if Sky/Android can't get their act together what chance do BlackBerry stand?

Posted via CB10
    Oh you BlackBerry defender! The company need you to lead it's PR department.
    07-16-13 09:37 AM
    Oh you BlackBerry defender! The company need you to lead it's PR department.
    I did tell them that but they poo pood me!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 09:44 AM
    Why would anyone put anymore apps on an unsupported device that will never see an upgrade?
    07-16-13 03:17 PM
    Why would anyone put anymore apps on an unsupported device that will never see an upgrade?
    Because people will blame Kevin if they don't!
    07-16-13 03:57 PM