I keep getting these 4 Android notifications in my upper left corner and even if I clear them they come back the next time I open an Android app!

Anyone successfully kill these?

Can't get rid of Android notifications-img_00000001.jpg
    mug5384 likes this.
    10-21-12 03:17 AM
    They're caused by the Android download manager, which you probably invoked by downloading something using the Android web browser from within the player runtime (possibly a hyperlink from TapaTalk or a similar Android app). The only way to clear these is to access the Downloads app from *within* the Android runtime, which you can do via ES File Explorer or similar Android file manager apps. In ES File Explorer, tap App Manager, then Category and select All. You'll see the icon for the "Downloads" app (NOT "Download Manager"), which you can then load and use to remove all of the entries for completed downloads.

I'm sure there's a similar procedure using Ghost Commander (which is available from AppWorld, whereas ESFE isn't and has to be side-loaded), however, I don't use that tool, so...

Good luck!

RCK
    mug5384 likes this.
    10-21-12 04:51 AM
    Yeah do as the above post..
    And avoid downloading things off the android built in browser.. Use Swipe down -> Open With Playbook browser.
    10-21-12 07:21 AM
    If you use Ghost Commander (as noted, it's free in app world), from the homescreen, tap applications, then scroll down and tap on Downloads, then shortcuts, then Downloads-Main. The app will open- delete any entries that show up.
    Herve5 likes this.
    10-21-12 09:18 AM
    The easiest way to get into the Android Download app is via "Quick App Manager" from the App World. Load up the app, one of the icons will be "Downloads" (a green square with a white downward arrow). Tap it and then "Open", and then tick the boxes beside each entry in the download app and delete them all.
    10-21-12 09:49 AM
    The easiest way to get into the Android Download app is via "Quick App Manager" from the App World. Load up the app, one of the icons will be "Downloads" (a green square with a white downward arrow). Tap it and then "Open", and then tick the boxes beside each entry in the download app and delete them all.
    Nice find! Hadn't seen that one before - thanks for the heads-up!

RCK
    10-21-12 10:36 AM
    You guys rule! QAM worked like a charm. Thanks!
    10-21-12 08:57 PM
    Wow - Finally an easy solution. Thanks!!!
    10-22-12 05:50 AM
    Thank you pacoman03 for the instructions on how to finally get rid of those Tubemate notifications. They were driving me insane! I kept trying to search for them in Ghost Commander but had no luck.
    Cheers
    10-22-12 10:27 AM
    Wonderful!!! Thank you soo much!
    11-02-12 02:29 PM
    Nothing is working. I tried every suggestion. The last "Quick App Manager" just gives an error.
    12-23-12 05:23 PM
    Pacoman : Still a little confused about path to get to the Android..apk etc

Ghost Commander file negotiation.
    /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/Download
    Under this I find .bar android files I downloaded.
    But another path is starting from Home which is the folder above /.
    apps://com.android.providers.downloads/Shortcut
    And another is : apps://com.android.providers.downloads.ui/Shortcuts
    There is a Downloads-Main folder choice but in my case it is empty.
    Is this the path you were recommending?
    Didn't find anything there.
    12-24-12 02:16 AM
    On the homescreen, you should see entries for Favorites, SD Card, PB Media, FTP, Windows Share, Applications, and Exit. Tap on "Applications". Then scroll down and tap on "Downloads". Then "Shortcuts", and then "Downloads-Main". From here, delete any entries that appear.

Can't get rid of Android notifications-img_00000179.jpg
    12-24-12 04:02 AM