Looking for a decent Bar code reader for Bold 9900, have tried a couple out of App world with little success. Tiny Bar code reader and Neo Reader. Looking to use it at work for a stock program that I am trying to put in place
    10-19-12 11:35 AM
    If a QR code reader is what you're looking for, try the one that's part of BBM or App World. Menu>Scan BBM Group Barcode or Menu>Scan a Barcode, respectively.
    10-19-12 11:47 AM
    If a QR code reader is what you're looking for, try the one that's part of BBM or App World. Menu>Scan BBM Group Barcode or Menu>Scan a Barcode, respectively.
    This.

I always just use the one built into App World. Works perfectly.
    10-19-12 12:44 PM
    I am looking for an actual bar code UPC scanner not a QR scanner, tried the native one from App World for Scan Bar Code but it is looking for a QR code. Thanks for the sugestion though
    10-19-12 01:19 PM
    I am looking for an actual bar code UPC scanner not a QR scanner, tried the native one from App World for Scan Bar Code but it is looking for a QR code. Thanks for the sugestion though
    My boss used to use one but it was for android. Hope you find what you need. Sorry I couldn't help
    10-19-12 02:43 PM
    I dont think the app matters. The lack of autofocus makes reading a barcode nearly impossible.
    10-19-12 03:04 PM
    The QR code reader in AppWorld works ok with the camera. But what if you get a QR code in an email? Sure would be nice to be able to either click on it or press the menu key and select a code reader.

Sent from my Bold Dakota
    10-19-12 09:02 PM
    I dont think the app matters. The lack of autofocus makes reading a barcode nearly impossible.
    Yep. And the smaller the barcode the more trouble you'll have. You *might* be able to make it work if scanning a very large UPC barcode.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-20-12 12:52 AM
    Yes, but that app doesn't scan UPC barcodes like the barcodes on merchandise. Some apps allow you to scan a product and compare prices at different stores. Not QR or those square boxes, but rather UPC barcodes. I've tried the one in app world "scan a barcode" and it will not scan a UPC barcode. So, like the OP asked, is there one that will work with the 9900/9930?
    11-06-12 07:18 PM
    Did you try searching for "barcode reader" in Appworld? Plenty show up.
    11-07-12 03:08 AM
    Red Laser is excellent, unfortunately not available for BB!
    11-07-12 04:09 AM
    Red Laser is excellent, unfortunately not available for BB!
    Then why suggest it? Clearly it's of no use to the OP.
    11-07-12 05:18 AM
    because I could! And he has a playbook, there may be a .bar file available
    11-07-12 05:32 AM
    because I could! And he has a playbook, there may be a .bar file available
    "Looking for a decent Bar code reader for Bold 9900"
    11-07-12 06:46 AM
    Yep, thanks. To see what the OP was going through, I went into APP World and downloaded several and none of them worked well. Some of them didn't work at all. To classify didn't work well, I'll say holding your phone on a barcode for 30 seconds waiting for it to provide feedback is not working well.

Also, the Red Laser app for other brands works awesome. maybe one day BB will get one that really works well.
    11-07-12 01:44 PM
    I've also tried a few bar code readers for my Bold 9930 to read UPC codes. They just don't work! I wish Shop Savvy was available for the BB. Anyone else have suggestions?
    11-21-12 08:18 AM