Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam told CNBC yesterday that he does not count RIM out of the picture. You can see the video here. Verizon CEO: More Consolidation in Telecom Necessary - CNBC Verizon CEO tells CNBC that he does not count RIM out.-verizon-cnbc.jpg
    zyben, sleepngbear and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-19-12 09:46 AM
    Well of course Verizon doesn't count RIM out. Remember, they were already hiring reps to sell BB10 a while back. And BB10 is gonna rock!
    10-19-12 09:59 AM
    Of course. The carriers really want a viable third platform instead of being stuck to android and ios.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    makoui22 likes this.
    10-19-12 10:04 AM
    Nice post! Unless you're a certain New York Times reporter, I don't think anyone counts RIM out anymore.
    Balti43, sf49ers, Cesare21 and 3 others like this.
    10-19-12 10:07 AM
    Just because it is on TV doesn't make it true.

(Had to get that in before the "regulars" did. LoL)
    houshinto#IM likes this.
    10-19-12 10:08 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ut-yet-743825/

He's been on that line for a while.
    10-19-12 10:43 AM
    Good news, now he needs to tell the minions that staff the Verizon stores to stop bad mouthing BBs and return to having a real kiosk in the store,not jammed in some back corner behind the iphone accessories. .
    bb624 and bungaboy like this.
    10-19-12 10:56 AM
    @OMGitworks - That's interesting that you said that. In my area, we don't have actual VZW stores, we have VZW stores, but they are run by "authorized retailers". Here anyway, they not only discourage customers from buying BB's, but also iPhones. They are only interested in selling Andriod devices. Maybe they get more commission off of those??
    10-19-12 11:01 AM
    If anyone knows the potential and "what's really going on with BB10" ......it would be the carriers. I wouldn't be surprised if RIM builds distributed systems for them at some point to varying degrees
    10-19-12 11:36 AM
    If anyone knows the potential and "what's really going on with BB10" ......it would be the carriers. I wouldn't be surprised if RIM builds distributed systems for them at some point to varying degrees management systems etc. Gonna be cool
    10-19-12 11:45 AM
    Good news, now he needs to tell the minions that staff the Verizon stores to stop bad mouthing BBs and return to having a real kiosk in the store,not jammed in some back corner behind the iphone accessories. .
    It will be RIM's job to impress the "minions", it it hard to get anyone to sell something that they don't like or that can't do what customers are asking for. And by the same token it will be RIM's job to provide a device that EARNS a spot at the front of the store. I bet Verizon give RIM a chance to be a star...
    10-19-12 12:57 PM
    I hope so, but my Verizon store experience has been seriously anti-BB. Given the devices they have to work with, I get that too.
    10-19-12 01:51 PM
    Not counting out, is not really a positive statment.

Personally, the highlight is Samsung. He has given the hint, how they are thinking (which means they are building) a new eco-sytem for third OS.
    10-19-12 02:34 PM
    Not counting out, is not really a positive statment.

Personally, the highlight is Samsung. He has given the hint, how they are thinking (which means they are building) a new eco-sytem for third OS.
    It was better than a slap in the belly with a wet mackerel.
    10-19-12 03:09 PM
    Is he pointing to rim when he mentioned cars, thermostats, home security devices? He didn't say televisoins (apple/ samsung).
    10-19-12 05:46 PM
    RIM has some amazing technology on board....it's the vast integration beyond mobile HH's that's holding this baby back. Oh well...
    10-19-12 06:51 PM
    @OMGitworks - That's interesting that you said that. In my area, we don't have actual VZW stores, we have VZW stores, but they are run by "authorized retailers". Here anyway, they not only discourage customers from buying BB's, but also iPhones. They are only interested in selling Andriod devices. Maybe they get more commission off of those??
    I don't know about commissions, but I'm pretty sure the carriers' subsidies to Apple are much higher than most of the Android phones.
    10-19-12 10:21 PM
    This is good news, but what else would he say? "We may be selling BlackBerrys, but we don't recommend that anyone buy them. We prefer not to make money off of low data consuming device."

Of course he is going to tout a product they will sell. That being said, everyone who has used a full fledged BB10 phone has walked away with positive reviews.
    10-19-12 10:41 PM
    Don't forget, he said he didn't count Nokia out either. You have to be in the game to have a chance to win and that is what RIM is doing with their new ecosystem/phones.
    From there, it is just a matter of marketing.
    10-21-12 09:58 AM
    Is he pointing to rim when he mentioned cars, thermostats, home security devices? He didn't say televisoins (apple/ samsung).
    Thanks, I was waiting for someone to point that out!
    10-21-12 04:12 PM