It's one of those issues that you learn about in a disastrous way. I was recording a talk at the seminar and for some reason the second part of the presentation did not appear in the list of videos. I've checked various system folders hoping that some 'temp' file might be stored there but could not find anything. Here is a question to those more knowledgeavle/experienced: does QNX store temporary videofiles somewhere and if 'yes' is it possible to recover those? Thank you in advance!
    10-18-12 11:51 AM
    There are some utilities that can read sd cards and usb thumb drives and can SOMETIMES recover lost data. You might look for such utilities. Good luck
    dg218 likes this.
    10-18-12 12:27 PM
    Hook it up to your PC then scan with Recuva (same company as CCleaner). Do a deep scan on whatever drive Windows maps for your PB (usually Z:\).
    Recuva has been pretty good to me in the past. Not a guarantee though, especially if you've already over-wrote the files.
    dg218 likes this.
    10-18-12 01:17 PM
    Let us know how you make out.
    10-18-12 02:06 PM
    Gentlemen, thank you again to all who replied...the 'lost' mp4 file unexpectedly appeared in the 'video' folder on Playbook after I upgraded my Desktop Manager for Mac OS and synchronised videos. I have no idea why this happened however pleased with my intuition, which suggested that the file could not simply 'disappear' after recording. Thank you QNX & RIM devs:-)
    10-20-12 05:57 AM
    Thanks for reporting back.
    10-20-12 08:41 AM
    You can recover your lost video very easily. I have also faced this kind of situation then I used Amrev data Recovery software and it recovered my deleted files in some easy steps. You can also try this and I hope you will also get back your video.
    07-30-14 08:07 AM