I've been using the 9900 since it dropped and was pretty excited when I got it primarily because of the 8GB built in memory none of the older BBs had. I was hoping this would resolve the issues of limited memory for storing apps and result in a much faster overall user experience and no more lagging. I was sorely disappointed when I realised all 8GB could not be used to store apps, they've allocated a specific amount to it and at least I don't know if or how that memory allocation space can be increased. The result is my phone frequently prompts me to erase apps since I'm running out of space and have long periods of lag because well my phone's running out of space. I use a SD card to store pics, documents, music, etc so its not like I'm burdening it with other stuff that's taking up space, its just the apps and OS on the phone.

My frustration stems from the fact that I know this isn't a problem limited to me a lot of people I know face it, I'm sure a lot of people on here are frustrated by it so why hasn't RIM taken the initiative and fixed this damn issue? Let us use the entire breath of the internal memory to run the phone and store apps on it. I never understood why I can't store apps on my memory card it would free up all the phone memory and I would simply have to place my memory card into my new phone and have all my apps ready to go.

Either way needed to rant so if anyone knows of a fix that may help me please do share it or if you have a similar frustration please share that as well.
    10-16-12 07:36 AM