Just an FYI; Adobe has announced plans to update its iOS and Android versions of Reader; the most notable enhancement is the introduction of a cloud file storage via Acrobat.com which allows users to read, view, and edit documents via their mobile device (iOS and Android) and their desktop computers. Reader Mobile also gains FormsCentral data support; improvements to selecting and highlighting of Asian text, enhanced mobile document rights management and secure watermark support. And printing is coming to Android.

Oh, and the words "playbook" and "blackberry" appear nowhere on Adobes press release - surprise surprise

Source and More Info:
    Updated Reader for iOS and Android � Reader Mobile
    10-16-12 12:10 AM
    Their current reader for Playbook is absolute rubbish.
    10-16-12 12:46 AM
    NOT good...
    10-16-12 12:48 AM
    I don't think PlayBook user will see much of, well anything, before BB10 arrives.
    10-16-12 12:49 AM
    I don't think PlayBook user will see much of, well anything, before BB10 arrives.
    Which doesnt make sense because the current playbook OS is the same system kernel as bb10 will be. Same programming language. Same development. It would be the same app. So why not do it now?
    10-16-12 01:22 AM
    I scoured the Adobe site to see if there was anything remotely hinting at an update for our version and couldn't find anything. It's disappointing to see every other platform but ours receive updates. I don't want to say "just wait for BB10" as that similar phrase was used before the Playbook was released with everyone on these forums saying "just wait till the PB OS" comes out. And we all know how that panned out. but in all seriousness, I really hope that Adobe starts releasing updates our way. And soon.
    10-16-12 01:51 AM
    Actually, it is Android, IOS, and WP7 but they do not appear to be the same version. I also wouldn't lose any sleep over it. The WP7 version seems to be a bug fix, and the Android version I loaded on a Transformer Prime takes instability one step further (random zooming as I scrolled through a document). Adobe better get its mobile act together or it is going to start to hurt them. Windows 8 will already ship with a native pdf reader - basic but far more stable than the mobile versions.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-16-12 02:40 AM