Everything was working fine at least as recently as last Friday, but as of today (October 15, 2012) Blackberry Traffic (which I rely on heavily!) has become totally useless to me, as it spits the error "unable to reach server" whenever I try to get directions.

Bold 9700
    Rogers (Toronto)

Anyone else experiencing problems recently?
    Last edited by Icarus3000; 10-15-12 at 02:31 PM.
    10-15-12 12:45 PM
    I'm am on AT&T in southeastern PA and I am having the same problem. I first noticed it on Saturday.
    10-15-12 01:04 PM
    Uninstalling and re-installing works has worked for some people experiencing this issue. Try that.
    10-15-12 01:49 PM
    I have the same problem here in Michigan on ATT. I uninstalled/reinstalled and did a battery pull but that didn't help.
    10-15-12 02:23 PM
    Uninstalling and re-installing works has worked for some people experiencing this issue. Try that.
    Is this being discussed elsewhere? I couldn't find any recent threads on the topic. I've been using Blackberry Traffic at least 3-4 times per week for the past year and this is the first time I've had a problem.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't help me either
    10-15-12 02:32 PM
    Everything was working fine at least as recently as last Friday, but as of today (October 15, 2012) Blackberry Traffic (which I rely on heavily!) has become totally useless to me, as it spits the error "unable to reach server" whenever I try to get directions.

Bold 9700
    Rogers (Toronto)

Anyone else experiencing problems recently?
    exactly the same here on 9900 at&t
    10-15-12 03:06 PM
    That didn't work for me either. I've been using this app for years, this is the first time I've had a problem using it. Its been down now for 3 days for me. I also verified that it has been down during the same time period with another family member that has a 9810.

This is a "must-have" app, this issue needs to be resolved.
    10-15-12 03:48 PM
    Having the same problems. Tried uninstalling,reinstalling and doing a battery pull to no avail.

9930 on Verizon
    10-15-12 04:01 PM
    That didn't work for me either. I've been using this app for years, this is the first time I've had a problem using it. Its been down now for 3 days for me. I also verified that it has been down during the same time period with another family member that has a 9810.

This is a "must-have" app, this issue needs to be resolved.
    The advice wasn't from a recent thread, just something I recall reading in a previous thread where someone escalated the issue all the way up to RIM.

I too tried my installation of Traffic, and it is not working, even though local search works and it shows aGPS.
    10-15-12 04:15 PM
    I have contacted RIM via three possible channels and they have ignored all three. My guess is they don't really feel they need to support this product. And as they believe their customers are only the carriers, and not users, they will not do much to respond. Blackberry is great when it works. When it doesn't, they will not help you. I'm mid-contract so I won't jump ship over THIS, but when my contract comes up, I won't be as positive about going BB10 as I once was.
    10-15-12 04:30 PM
    I've been getting the same "unable to reach server" error for a couple of days now. I, too, have tried uninstalling, reinstalling and doing a battery pull to no avail.

Bold 9900
    Rogers (Toronto area)
    10-15-12 04:56 PM
    Blackberry Curve 9350 OS7.1

I have been having the same issues as stated by everyone above. But Google Maps, and BB Maps have been having similar issues also. Not as bad, but still, not able to reach server, or location not found. I think it may be more than the app itself. RIM most likely. I haven't been able to research too much into this, but I do need my GPS Nav very much for my work. Looking forward to a quick fix to this also. Good luck guys.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    10-15-12 08:25 PM
    BB traffic is also not working here. Its too bad. I use it all the time. Hopefully a fix is coming.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-16-12 07:28 AM
    I called RIM again to see if anyone could provide an answer. They said they're aware of the outage and the issue has been escalated to the development team. There is no ETA on when it will be fixed.
    10-16-12 09:46 AM
    I'm on VZ with a 9330 in Charlotte. BB Traffic is running again for me. Was down as recent as this morning.
    10-16-12 05:36 PM
    Same here--working for me too now. I got some weird "QA test 24x7!" popup too, which disappeared when I switched apps.

Route search was WAYYYY faster than before. Took at most 2 seconds for the app to suggest routes.

Edit: I spoke too soon. It's broken again
    Last edited by raino; 10-17-12 at 09:33 AM.
    10-16-12 06:15 PM
    BB Traffic worked for me on Tuesday and on my way to work this morning. I didn't pay attention to any speed differences for routing.

I got this popup about the QA test 24x7
    Blackberry Traffic - "unable to reach server"-s12_10_17__06_18_10.jpg

If you say yes, it sends you to hxxp://bbdist.dash.net/download.pl?3.0.2 and asks for a user name and password.
    10-17-12 10:26 AM
    Yes I got the weird pop up today too asking for credentials. I use BB Traffic many times a day and it is so frustrating! I'm hating my phone right now because this was my number one used app!
    10-20-12 04:21 PM