My friend has a Treo. He has a program on there that converts his voice calls into text messages so that he can answer or read without checking voice mail.

What would that app be called and does BB have it ?

Thank you.
    09-22-08 11:50 PM
    yes its called vlingo. just do a search for it
    09-22-08 11:56 PM
    http:/vlingo.com
    there you go
    09-22-08 11:59 PM
    I am very new at this and I appreciate your answer.
    09-23-08 06:54 AM
    I see that it allows the bb owner to do voice to text but does it also allow incoming voice mails to convert to text ?
    09-23-08 06:56 AM
    Youmail can do transcripts of your calls, but it is not completely accurate all of the time. If I am correct, it is still being tested.
    09-23-08 07:23 AM
    Note: vlingo is not officially supported on v4.5.
    09-23-08 08:27 AM
    I have vlingo and to be completly honest you would be better off without it..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 09:45 AM
    As hearneoux said youmail does have a beta version that I have been using for a couple of months. It is fairly accurate based on how well the caller speaks and the software prompts the caller to speak clearly as their message is being transcribed.
    09-23-08 09:47 AM
    I wish there was. I hate getting a voice mail and then having to call and listen and delete. I would love a program that could convert it to a text then I could see if its worth calling the person back.
    09-23-08 05:03 PM
    Youmail does. Not always perfectly accurate but very close. Longer messages are often sent in two text instead on one.
    09-23-08 06:41 PM
    Is it reliable enough to get the point across? Also cost of the app?
    09-23-08 06:46 PM
    HI Robbie,

Unless the person cannot speak clearly its very accurate and its a free application goto: YouMail ) Voicemail You Designed Check it out if you want
    09-24-08 09:31 AM
    alltel has Voicemail to text as an option
    09-24-08 10:15 AM
    I recommend Phonetag.com to my clients. It's an extremely good service. Very accurate speech-to-text transcription (I think it's done by humans, unlike jott or youmail, I think) and you get the transcript in your BB Inbox within minutes. I'm nothing but a happy customer.
    09-24-08 04:01 PM
    I recommend Phonetag.com to my clients. It's an extremely good service. Very accurate speech-to-text transcription (I think it's done by humans, unlike jott or youmail, I think) and you get the transcript in your BB Inbox within minutes. I'm nothing but a happy customer.
    if it is done by humans, i would not want anything personal to be said in a voicemail. That would just be weird if somebody else listened in for every single voicemail i got to my personal phone. I use youmail and have zero complaints so far. I like the visual voicemail option they have online where you can play it from a computer when you need to look like you're doing work and not be on your cell phone.
    09-24-08 05:27 PM
    I found vlingo interesting but mostly useless. It needs network connectivity or else it just gives up. They should have put some sort of retry option in there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 07:35 PM
    I'm confused by YouMail. Does it replace your existing voicemail or just integreate with your existing voicemail? It seems to do some of the things my Rogers Voicemail does...oh well...doesn't support Rogers yet...
    Last edited by Navan; 09-24-08 at 07:56 PM.
    09-24-08 07:39 PM
    It replaces your voicemail but if you don't like it all you have to do is reset your original voicemail contact number. Very easy and fun to use.
    09-24-08 08:29 PM
    I have vlingo and to be completly honest you would be better off without it..
    Agreed!! Anything that can be done with Vlingo can be done 5 times
    faster without it. And the voice recognition is a bit sketchy at best.
    09-24-08 08:47 PM
    It looks like I will have to try youmail.
    09-25-08 12:26 AM
    Wish I could try YouMail- it seems as though it would replace both my voicemail and caller ID- which means I could get an extra 10$ off my bill...but no Canadian support...like most things...
    09-25-08 07:50 AM
    Wish I could try YouMail- it seems as though it would replace both my voicemail and caller ID- which means I could get an extra 10$ off my bill...but no Canadian support...like most things...
    Does youmail allow you to delete some costs from the plan?
    09-25-08 07:52 AM
    I really don't know. I will have to call AT&T to find out but I think they bundle VM and Caller ID into your minute plan and probably won't or can't carve it out. Especially if it would cost them money!!
    09-25-08 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD