I've been un-installing apps via App World on my BB 9930. I believe after doing some reading that the files are still o BB. Is this correct? If so how do I go about removing them?
    10-14-12 11:02 AM
    I don't think so.

The apps stay on the "uninstalled" area, so you don't have to pay again fot the apps you bought.

Try this:

Check ur storage space before uninstaling an app and then do it after. You should see a difference...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-14-12 11:10 AM
    I've been un-installing apps via App World on my BB 9930. I believe after doing some reading that the files are still o BB. Is this correct? If so how do I go about removing them?
    Hmmm.
    What version of AppWorld are you running on your device?
    If it is the official v3.1.4.25, maybe you can upgrade to the latest BetaZone release for v4.0.0.45.

Using this version, when selecting �Delete�, for an application in �MyWorld�, you will receive a popup option to �Delete� - �Uninstall� � �Cancel�. In that same popup, it will explain that �If you want the option to reinstall this app later, click Uninstall. If you want to delete it permanently, click delete.�

By selecting �Uninstall� the application will be removed from your device, but remain on your �MyWorld� listing and cached on your device for quick & easy access to readily install the application at a later date.

When selecting �Delete� the application will be removed from your device, removed from your �MyWorld� listing as well as the cache, so you would have to search for that same application again as if it was your first time if you ever wanted to see it or download it again. It will however remain on RIMs servers if you paid for it so you won�t have to pay for it again.

If you haven�t done so already, you can sign up to participate in the BetaZone here�
    https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/

You can read a bit more about AppWorld 4.0 here�
    BlackBerry App World v4.0 now available in BlackBerry Beta Zone | CrackBerry.com

Here is the change log�
    � Integration with BlackBerry Commerce Payment Services for Credit Card and PayPal Purchases - BlackBerry Commerce is a payment service which manages all credit card and PayPal purchases and transactions made on BlackBerry App World 4.0
    � NFC Tag Integration - NFC tag integration will allow users to swap applicatons lists
    Ability to Permanently Delete Apps from My World - Users are able to permanently delete apps from My World
    � Ability to Re-Install All Apps From My World - Users will have the ability to re-install all apps from My World
    � Automatic Find in My World - Automatic Find will allow users to search and find apps more easily in My World
    � SMS Authentication - Will allow carrier billing to function for certain carriers who switch from WAP to SMS
    � Removal of Gifting/Begging and Ringtones - Ability to remove ringtones when user receives a gift/beg

Not sure if this is what you�re trying to accomplish, but I hope this helps.
    10-14-12 01:06 PM