hey gang, what are the "must have" apps for BB10 -- not including netflix and skype (or the existing default and native apps)?

for me:

-evernote (a decent client that works in both portait and landscape)
    -webex
    -real vpn connectivity (junos Pulse for me)
    -native kindle reader would be nice (probably not going to happen, an there are some nice alternatives)
    -linkedin (although inLink is definitely promising!)

cheers, addodd
    ignites likes this.
    10-11-12 03:57 PM
    Saying that about Skype is like saying "must have software for a computer? (Microsoft Office need not apply)".
    10-11-12 04:21 PM
    I'm not saying skype doesn't have a place, I'm just curious what else is lurking under the netflix/skype hubub, that's all.

Are skype and netflix the *only* things that matter?
    10-11-12 04:32 PM
    Instagram is a must for me, by the rumor mill we will have a native Instagram like photo editor but its the social aspect of Instagram that makes it popular.

A native Flipboard, Mint, Google Drive, MS SkyDrive, Dropbox(screenshot seen makes this a possibility), Optimum TV app, and Endomondo top my list.
    10-11-12 04:41 PM
    I'd like a LoveFilm app (LoveFilm is a UK service similar to Netflix run by Amazon; essentially our equivalent of Amazon Instant Video, although you can also rent DVDs from it, but obviously the app would be for streaming stuff).

Other than that, apps like Netflix and Skype would legitimise BB10 as a platform to the masses. Regardless of whether you personally want them or not, they are clearly much sought after, and it's only by having all the essentials that a platform can even begin to compete.

I'd like a better Facebook app as well, rather than the rather old one currently on PB. Something to bring it up to on-par with the iPad app etc. And not HTML5 based, but native, as the iOS one was recently rewritten to be.
    10-11-12 05:11 PM
    For me it's Pandora, Google Maps, Vlingo (if there's not native voice control) & Poynt. That's it for the essentials.

Useful, but not absolutely mandatory are Dropbox & Evernote

I don't care to have everyone know every detail about my life, so I have no need for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare, etc.
    Last edited by Xader; 12-11-12 at 01:10 PM.
    10-11-12 05:13 PM
    BlackBerry traffic (love, love, love this app) use it all the time. Would love to see it integrated into the calendar so when you need to be some where it prompts you when you need to leave. Great feature on the gs3. Other then that, the rest I want appear to be on the way.
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    10-11-12 05:28 PM
    How about a full featured todo/task manager with some sort of cloud sync capability that will permit me to keep my playbook, phone and computer on the same page. An added bonus would be a full desktop option for calendar, contacts, todos and email manager (like what Palm offered) that bb10 would let you sync all between your devices.
    kozmo68 and MoolahMitch like this.
    10-11-12 05:33 PM
    BlackBerry traffic (love, love, love this app) use it all the time. Would love to see it integrated into the calendar so when you need to be some where it prompts you when you need to leave. Great feature on the gs3. Other then that, the rest I want appear to be on the way.
    I completely forgot about BlackBerry Traffic as I expect it to be there esp. with the licensing agreement from TomTom that was announced.

The way the OS has been decribed, I would not be surprised if that feature you described is included.
    10-11-12 05:36 PM
    I'd like a LoveFilm app (LoveFilm is a UK service similar to Netflix run by Amazon; essentially our equivalent of Amazon Instant Video, although you can also rent DVDs from it, but obviously the app would be for streaming stuff).

Other than that, apps like Netflix and Skype would legitimise BB10 as a platform to the masses. Regardless of whether you personally want them or not, they are clearly much sought after, and it's only by having all the essentials that a platform can even begin to compete.

I'd like a better Facebook app as well, rather than the rather old one currently on PB. Something to bring it up to on-par with the iPad app etc. And not HTML5 based, but native, as the iOS one was recently rewritten to be.
    The Facebook app has already been announced, where they informed us that they worked alongside Facebook weekly to build a native version, which looked like the iOS version.

Due to the QNX and iOS being similar, porting apps from native code seems to be quite easy with the right people as shown by game developers. This might mean the app situation between iOS and BB10 might not be as bad as people expect as long as enough devs get interested. RIM already announced they were working on bringing the top 100 apps(as they see it) over for BlackBerry 10 launch so keep an eye on the top 100 iOS apps for an idea of what we could see.
    10-11-12 05:39 PM
    I'd like a good Microsoft office suite with onenote, instagram for the social aspect, native linked, native twitter, and a better pdf reader.
    Just Me likes this.
    10-11-12 06:04 PM
    My biggest gripe with the Playbook right now is that Documents to Go is rather cumbersome. The spreadsheet, in particular, is really sucky. Please, PLEASE give us something good here!
    10-11-12 06:22 PM
    This is a dangerous thread.

Anyone who is married knows that if you say that you really like somthing, you will never ever see it again. Whereas, if you say that you really hate something, then that baby will be shoved down your throat every day of the week.

Just saying, be warned.
    Thunderbuck and Xader like this.
    10-11-12 06:23 PM
    A fully functional office suite
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-11-12 06:28 PM
    for me

great office suite
    great mapping (google preferably)
    Chrome would be great
    IM programs (gtalk, msn etc)
    foursquare
    log me in
    out of milk
    ibird
    mint.com
    words with friends
    tapatalk
    u verse moble
    pocket
    google voice
    car maintenance or similar
    state farm pocket agent
    golflogix of similar
    starbucks
    roboform

These are all apps i use daily or atleast weekly There are more but i already know that they will be on bb10 or the android app will work
    Thunderbuck and Sansu94 like this.
    10-11-12 06:31 PM
    1. Evernote - I choked a little when i compared my favourite platform's playbook app with the ipad version
    2. Evernote's other apps (skitch, hello, food, penultimate)
    3. Google Drive
    4. Dropbox
    5. Office suite that can access all my cloud documents, like QuickOffice HD on iOS
    6. A killer PDF app - this was my main reason to get a tablet, to view pdf's and leave paper behind. I want a business tab to have the best bdf reader, annotater, and converter available on mobile
    7. Temple Run - currently addicted on ipod

We have a lot of apps, but we have few apps that are worth their space in app world
    Sansu94 likes this.
    10-11-12 07:44 PM
    Marriott/Ritz Carlton app!!
    Bc ferries
    10-11-12 08:51 PM
    A podcatcher
    An audio editing app
    A video editing app
    A text editor that supports Markdown and syncs to Dropbox
    Flipboard
    10-11-12 09:47 PM
    1. Temple Run - currently addicted on ipod
    I don't know if this is useful to you, but Tomb Escape is a Temple Run knockoff that might be good enough to hold you over until if and when the real thing appears on the PlayBook.
    10-11-12 09:49 PM
    teamviewer
    a turn by turn gps app ( like tomtom or garmin gps )
    all IM service integrate directly into BBM
    wifi hot spot
    dropbox, sugarsync, skydrive, box etc...
    a good icloud like syncing service
    the other scaldo feature for the camera (rewind, remove, etc...)
    great task manager like wunderlist
    universal search
    better spread sheet
    good pdf with search on page
    browser with search on page
    AR app
    google goggles and other cool but useless app.
    10-12-12 12:05 AM
    endomondo
    iTrailmap
    qpdf (android port already exists)
    lexicomp (its a drug database)
    readytalk
    Accellion (like dropbox but more corporate, they already have a very good BBOS5 app)
    Last edited by Just Me; 10-17-12 at 09:40 PM.
    10-12-12 12:28 AM
    it might be too early to say it..
    but do BB10 have led lights? if yes, then we need advance os and led. would be sweet to have a customized even beyond customized BB10.

sultan, any feedback?

Sent from my torchy Torch 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-12-12 01:07 AM
    Evernote - I choked a little when i compared my favourite platform's playbook app with the ipad version
    Wow, until I looked up the ipad version, I never realized just how crappy our version was...
    10-12-12 11:52 AM
    Webex
    Podcatcher
    Decent office suite
    Decent pdf reader
    My bank's app
    My credit card's app
    The unmentionable
    A simracing hud

After 16 months i've given up though and am heading off in the android//ios direction., just waiting for end of october to have a look at the mini ipad before deciding which. Will miss bridge but the app gap has gotten the best of me.
    10-12-12 02:31 PM
    Waze
    my credit unions app
    tapatalk
    good word processor ( I like iOS' Pages)
    10-13-12 02:20 AM
35 12