Hi
    I really love BB and I am wondering if I can make an app for BB10 on my spare time. How much of my time will I have to give and how easy can it be?
    I know nothing about how the BB works or how to make an app so any input on how to start or should I even start.
    Thanks
    BoldWorld
    10-10-12 03:06 PM
    It's pretty easy. I would recommend using Webworks and BBUI.js. That way, you basically don't need to code the UI (just use the elements RIM give you through BBUI.js). Google those two things to get started. I got my app up and running in the Ripple Simulator in a couple of hours. You can use the Ripple Simulator to test out your webworks apps and you won't need a dev alpha device or a VM BB10.
    taajir likes this.
    10-11-12 01:06 AM
    Ive never written a single line of code, and i got further than i thought i would, but i couldnt get it to run on the simulator, i think u probably need a basic understanding of how code works

but i could see how easy blackberry has made it for developers, here are the tutorials i used, pretty basic stuff ... anyone can understand

Absolute Beginner/

Absolute Beginner
    digitalman101 and taajir like this.
    10-12-12 02:04 AM
    Start point for Webworks : https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/
    Start point for BBui : https://github.com/blackberry/bbUI.js
    peter9477 and taajir like this.
    10-13-12 07:02 PM
    maybe should give it a try
    10-14-12 01:01 AM
    maybe should give it a try
    Take it easy :
    1. Read and learn the basics (start w/ HTML5 + CSS - you can do a lot of things impressing with this )
    so, add these to the references above : http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_intro.asp and http://www.w3schools.com/css/
    ( your learnings sequence : 1 = these, 2 = webworks, 3= BBui.js)
    2. Explore the samples to learn the basics of Webworks + BBui (you can start "blind": just customize the samples)
    3.Once you start, don't stop : target easy goals and polish it to the max (try to make the "hello world" more appealing than a single text : be creative !)
    4. Enjoy !

The starting learning curve will be quite slow, but in about 10 days you should be able to do things by yourself.
    Then you'll learn really fast, provided you didn't miss the basics (be very familiar with terms and concepts: this is the key).
    And the limit will be ... your imagination !

Welcome to the nightly code dreamers
    10-14-12 04:38 AM
    Subscribed to this thread. I have been coding for last 9+ years on windows(not embedded). Since I got this device. I always wanted to write something for PB. Let's see if something comeout of this.
    10-14-12 04:45 AM
    Subscribed to this thread. I have been coding for last 9+ years on windows(not embedded). Since I got this device. I always wanted to write something for PB. Let's see if something comeout of this.
    If you are familiar with #c++ you're pretty ready to go on the native track...
    10-14-12 07:00 AM
    I'm Blind at all
    05-18-13 12:05 PM
    Subscribed to thread, want to learn too

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 01:02 PM
    For BB10 App creation help just visit the Developers Area
    05-18-13 05:58 PM
    I have been thinking about doing an app I can use for work (pricing related). I do have some limited c++ experience and VB experience but I plan on using the tools from BlackBerry. My question is, can I side load a personally created app without going through BlackBerry since it will be only pertinent to my own use?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 07:48 PM
    I have been thinking about doing an app I can use for work (pricing related). I do have some limited c++ experience and VB experience but I plan on using the tools from BlackBerry. My question is, can I side load a personally created app without going through BlackBerry since it will be only pertinent to my own use?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, yes you can.
    05-18-13 10:17 PM
    Just go to BlackBerryappgenerator.com or something like that

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 03:03 PM