Hi,

I can't sync my contacts on the PB; all was working fine and then all are gone.

My Torch 9800 syncs contacts from Yahoo mail fine. I tried deleting the email account & re entering it on the PB, when it tries to import the addresses it tells me that carddav.address.yahoo.com server is not available. I've reported this to Yahoo.

Haven't changed any SW versions or passwords. I'm on 2.1 & all was good for above a week; one day all contacts were gone.

The help file on the PB says tap an account & make sure sync is turned on; I can't find any option to do this; even after manually adding a contact.

Any ideas?

Update:- Entered my Gmail account & contacts are sync fine.
    Last edited by rover95; 10-10-12 at 06:57 AM.
    10-10-12 05:56 AM
    I have the same problem. No contacts and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the email account with the same results. Frustrating.
    10-10-12 07:38 AM
    Same problem here. Upgraded to 2.1 with no issues last week. Yesterday my Yahoo email was constantly giving an error message and repeatedly asking for the IMAP password. Entering the password and saving it did no more than hitting cancel. Eventually the email would download and could be viewed. Deleted account and readded and now at least the password error is gone but no luck syncing the contacts. My be better to export them anyway and save them into the playbook contacts app as I read on Yahoo's site that you can't update the contacts or add a new contact when using Yahoo on a mobile device.
    10-10-12 08:52 AM
    Same problem and it's definitely Yahoo. Their email service was up and down like a rollercoaster yesterday (mostly down). I got frustrated with it and tried to delete and then add the contacts connection back in and all I get now is the message that the server is unavailable as well.
    10-10-12 09:06 AM
    Update :- I added my Gmail account and that works fine, all contacts are present and working normally. I can receive emails but with no contacts....it's a pain.
    I know a guy on Yahoo mail with a different carrier and a Samsung Note II and he has the same issue.
    10-10-12 09:34 AM
    Have a feeling we're out of luck with this one. Finally just did some copy and paste work in the contacts app so I can at least send emails and hope things don't magically disappear at some point. Doubt we're gonna get contacts sync back.
    10-10-12 04:06 PM
    Hi Chrysalis,
    I frigged it, after a fashion. I have a secondary Gmail account, I imported all my Yahoo contacts into it & they appear in the PB. I set up the Gmail account in the PB but left Yahoo as the default email.
    If I now email from the PB to one of my contacts it comes from Yahoo mail. Unless I select Gmail of course.
    I proved that the contacts are from Gmail by setting up a bogus contact in Yahoo; it didn't get syncd to the PB but did get syncd to the Torch 9800.
    The bad news is that if I want to add a genuine new contact I'll have to add to Yahoo & Gmail to get full sync. It's a frigg, a get around but works.
    10-11-12 07:01 AM
    What are "contacs" and why would they leave?

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    10-11-12 07:06 AM
    Hi Chrysalis,
    I frigged it, after a fashion. I have a secondary Gmail account, I imported all my Yahoo contacts into it & they appear in the PB. I set up the Gmail account in the PB but left Yahoo as the default email.
    If I now email from the PB to one of my contacts it comes from Yahoo mail. Unless I select Gmail of course.
    I proved that the contacts are from Gmail by setting up a bogus contact in Yahoo; it didn't get syncd to the PB but did get syncd to the Torch 9800.
    The bad news is that if I want to add a genuine new contact I'll have to add to Yahoo & Gmail to get full sync. It's a frigg, a get around but works.
    Glad you got a work around figured out. Sad that we have to set up a Gmail account to get Yahoo to work. Thanks.
    10-11-12 09:04 AM