Without any re-registering of my yahoo webmail details I now have access to all of my mailbox folders. It just works. So excited I had to register and post. PlayBook catches up with iPad in a crucial app for me. Now if only they can get a Sky Go TV application I would be over the moon.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    10-09-12 01:30 AM
    Yes but� No folder content older than 30 days, so it's useless.
    Michel Souris likes this.
    10-09-12 09:49 AM
    Agreed. Without being able to access messages older than 30 days, it's useless.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    10-09-12 09:54 AM
    And, not to forget, still no way to specify the sent-mail folder. That's what I was desperately after... arrrgh
    CairnsRock likes this.
    10-09-12 01:51 PM
    Michel and Higgs, I can't understand why we are the only people who seem to find this unacceptable.

If RIM can't do this, then they still don't have a functioning native email on pb. BIG FAIL. If they don't fix this in bb10, they are done.
    10-09-12 03:34 PM
    Michel and Higgs, I can't understand why we are the only people who seem to find this unacceptable.

If RIM can't do this, then they still don't have a functioning native email on pb. BIG FAIL. If they don't fix this in bb10, they are done.
    In fact, we are not alone. You're forgetting the other 5,000.000 people who never did purchase a PlayBook.
    By the way, the Android email clients do support full IMAP implementation on the PlayBook.
    10-09-12 07:27 PM
    In fact, we are not alone. You're forgetting the other 5,000.000 people who never did purchase a PlayBook.
    By the way, the Android email clients do support full IMAP implementation on the PlayBook.
    I�ve tried both K9 mail and Kaiten mail (both Android) and yes they have full IMAP support and you can specify everything to your needs. But there were a few things that annoyed me:

• Attachements downloaded from mails end up in a weird android folder. Hard to find...
    • Double click on say PDFs won�t open the native PDF reader
    • Hyperlinks embedded in mails open in android browser. You then have to tell within the android bowser to open the same URL in the native browser. Not very practical...

So for me the android mail clients are not more than probably a workaround.
    10-10-12 03:50 AM
    I'm happy with only 30 days sync *if* I can search the server for more messages. I can do that with the Gmail plugin on a BlackBerry smartphone and will be surprised if RIM left that off their "professional" tablet. Currently I search on the phone and open on the PlayBook...
    10-11-12 03:00 AM