On my BB9810 I have the option of "Delete Prior" when deleting multiple emails. Is there a similar option with the BB PB?

Thanks for your help.
    10-08-12 06:31 AM
    There is no magic button on the PB.
    The fastest way I think is to swipe from the top and enter select mode, touch and hold top message then touch the bottom message. Scroll and repeat.
    10-08-12 06:46 AM
    Yes you can, when you are in your email on the PB swipe down a dialog box will drop down. Tap the select option and you will see that boxes show up to the left of the emai subject column. Put a Check by all the emails you want to delete the tap the trash can at the bottom right of the screen.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    bdguru, cedesgirl, grnnreg and 2 others like this.
    10-08-12 06:50 AM
    Both of the methods described above work well, but I am surprised there is not a more streamline way to do this.

Thanks for your helpful directions. I will use these methods until something better comes along.
    10-08-12 07:22 AM
    On my BB9810 I have the option of "Delete Prior" when deleting multiple emails. Is there a similar option with the BB PB?

Thanks for your help.
    while your email is open look at the bottom of the list of email In the gray box there is a blue box with a white check,click that the check all you want to delete the then red x This will delete them all.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    10-08-12 08:51 AM
    while your email is open look at the bottom of the list of email In the gray box there is a blue box with a white check,click that the check all you want to delete the then red x This will delete them all.
    I have no idea where the "blue box with a white check" is on the BB PB when a particular email account is open.
    10-08-12 09:48 AM
    I have no idea where the "blue box with a white check" is on the BB PB when a particular email account is open.
    Wish I could figure out how to put a screen shot up....anyways on under the "all messages" next to the search tool is the little blue box. Click the blue box and you are ready to delete by checking the box on the left of each email then the red x. Hope this makes sense.
    grnnreg likes this.
    10-08-12 03:11 PM
    Thanks for help. Now why doesn't the Blackberry itself have any info on this???
    12-31-12 11:26 AM
    There is no magic button on the PB.
    The fastest way I think is to swipe from the top and enter select mode, touch and hold top message then touch the bottom message. Scroll and repeat.
    Thanks for this. I agree it is a quick and easy way to delete a batch of emails.

Yes you can, when you are in your email on the PB swipe down a dialog box will drop down. Tap the select option and you will see that boxes show up to the left of the emai subject column. Put a Check by all the emails you want to delete the tap the trash can at the bottom right of the screen.
    Thanks for this method too! Very useful when needing to delete selected emails.

Wish I could figure out how to put a screen shot up....anyways on under the "all messages" next to the search tool is the little blue box. Click the blue box and you are ready to delete by checking the box on the left of each email then the red x. Hope this makes sense.
    I'm afraid I couldn't find the 'blue box' so presume I'm not looking in the right place. If you do manage to post a screen shot, I would be most grateful

Thanks for all your help, folks
    Wishing you all a Happy New Year
    Cheers
    Dj Teknision likes this.
    12-31-12 01:16 PM
    There is another thread which I started on this. But anyway, I updated to v. 2.1.0.1314 (which took 30 minutes to update the 37 Mb file) and tried deleting by swiping down from the top, then selecting the two battery icons (shown in dashed lines) and then checked on all those email I wanted to delete. It worked in a number of cases and not in others. I suspect that in those cases where i could not erase multiple emails it might have been due to the weakness of the wi-fi signal (wi-fi symbol at top right shows only two of the arc-waves and not 3 arcs) at my local library, and perhaps on the size of the files, most of which probably had lots of graphic ads.

Does anyone feel there may be some legitimacy to my theory?
    12-31-12 07:13 PM
    Here's a link to the relevant information on managing email messages:

BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0
    12-31-12 08:03 PM
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    I never thought of swiping down to get the extra options, I have been deleting messages one at a time forever!

Thanks for the awesome tip!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    Dj Teknision likes this.
    12-31-12 08:13 PM
    This may be unrelated, but I didn't see another more appropriate thread. Is it possible to get rid of the screens and screens of previously sent, read and deleted messages in the native email. It seems to just sit there forever all greyed out!!!

Thanks.
    01-04-13 02:15 PM
    i use to get so frustrated because i could not figure out how to do more than one at a time. This helped a ton! Thanks so much
    01-04-13 02:51 PM
    Re my thread above, it seems to work now and I was able to delete multiple emails. So maybe the new update helped.
    01-06-13 07:39 PM