Just bought a playbook to match with my 9900. Brought it to work last Friday where both phone and playbook are connected to my company's wifi and then phone and playbook are bridged. Came across an issue where my phone radio kept turning itself off. Has anyone come across this issue? I have never come across anything that shuts off my radio by itself. Sometimes my work wifi is flaky and loses connection...this has never shut off my radio before though. When I manually turn the radio on again, it will shut itself off again in a matter of minutes. At home, I have the same set up with a connection to my home wifi. I don't have the issue at home.

Is this issue related to bluetooth at all? I don't use bluetooth except for bridging. I have come across a few new, strange issues since I started bridging my playbook.

I might ask this question in the playbook forum too but thought I'd start here since the impact is with my phone.

Appreciate any ideas people have.....
    10-07-12 09:32 PM
    I've had the same issue a few times as well. Im not sure whats causing it. I just do a battery pull and it work again, but have no idea why it happens either.
    10-08-12 11:15 AM
    stupid question. you dont have the setting turned on that turns your radio off during certain times?
    also some apps that are made for battery saving or wifi monitoring will turn your radio off if signal is too low in order to save battery.
    10-08-12 11:38 AM
    I've had mine turn off with full battery power while its just sitting on the table. I don't have a setting that turns it off (at least not one that I know of). My battery saving mode has always been disabled too. Its just really weird.
    10-08-12 11:42 AM
    my best bet is to update to newest version of os 7.1.
    10-08-12 12:00 PM
    Are you using a holster to hold your 9900?

Do you put it in a pocket?

I've had that problem but it was caused by me when I put my phone in the holster. While doing it my finger would hit the top of the screen and shut the radio off.

I wish there was a way to disable that feature.
    10-08-12 12:08 PM
    Definitely do not have it set to turn off the radio...ever. No new apps installed. The only 2 new things are the new playbook and I installed ATT's OS 2-3 weeks ago.
    10-08-12 08:43 PM
    Are you using a holster to hold your 9900?

Do you put it in a pocket?

I've had that problem but it was caused by me when I put my phone in the holster. While doing it my finger would hit the top of the screen and shut the radio off.

I wish there was a way to disable that feature.
    No holster. Plus what's creepy is that I'm staring at the screen and see the radio shut off before my very eyes....with no accidental screen touches. Some setting must be causing this.
    10-08-12 08:45 PM