I recieved my BlackBerry 8830 from Verizon in the mail on Friday (10-26-07). I noticed that it does not reconcile correctly.

For example, if I am on my Outlook (I use Enterprise because of work) and I delete something it will still be in my BlackBerry even after I hit the Reconcile Now button and even after I hook it up via USB to my computer and Synch using the Desktop Manager.

This is very frustrating. I have already been on the phone with Verizon and they couldnt help, then they transferred me to the BlackBerry 1-877 number and after waiting 15 minutes I hung up.

ANY THOUGHTS ARE WELCOME =)
    10-30-07 12:27 PM
    I have this same issue with Outlook and I am using BIS. My work does not have BES yet. It is a real pain and I have looked through many forums and tried many solutions and none of them have worked. My other email accounts work fine, just not through Outlook!
    10-30-07 12:56 PM
    Umm, yeah. That's the way BIS works in it's current version. It does not have bi-directional reconcile. Hopefully (according to some sources) the next version to come out will have this feature. As of right now, only BES will do what you want to do. However, reconsile from the BB to the Exchange mailbox works just fine. So, it's not a problem, but rather a limitation with the current version of BIS from RIM. I find it anoying as well and wonder why it's taken so long to realize it's a needed feature. However, I'm willing to be it's nothing more then a ploy to get people and organizations to buy the "not free" BES software and licenses from them. RIM currently makes more money from that part of their business model then they do from the BB devices they sell to the carriers.... to some extent. BES licensing is basically their bread and butter. Without their hand in that the company would have to had come up with far superior devices then what we have now to stay in business.

I mean, we don't even have HTML or RT email on these devices and it's almost 2008, yet we all seem to be complacent with that for some reason or another.
    10-30-07 03:18 PM
    thanks for the info. I will keep posted for a fix to this annoying issue!
    10-30-07 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD