Can anyone please tell me where is the % calculation symbol in this 2.1 calculator?
    Can't seem to find one
    10-06-12 10:51 PM
    I just checked and surprisingly I don't believe it has it. You have to do it using decimals I take it. Not sure why they couldn't make the = button a bit smaller and put in a % button.

Sometimes I think RIM is really good at the big picture, but they miss the little details.
    10-07-12 12:55 AM
    I have never understood that button on any calculator. All it does is divide by 100. Good choice to forget about that button. I did not experience the animations 'till now, but they are really cool. Didn't notice the tip calculator before either. Useless (who brings his PB with him to a restaurant?) but well done.
    10-07-12 04:14 AM
    You could switch to the tip calculator to calculate percentage.
    10-07-12 04:22 AM
    Did you see this thread? http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...-wrong-703974/ Seems that there were problems with the % key.
    BerryClever likes this.
    10-07-12 07:04 AM
    Did you see this thread? http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...-wrong-703974/ Seems that there were problems with the % key.
    Nice how they remove the % key rather than fixing it..... that is if it was broken.

I won't lie, that thread made my head hurt.
    10-07-12 06:26 PM
    Nice how they remove the % key rather than fixing it..... that is if it was broken.

I won't lie, that thread made my head hurt.
    It was a very painful thread, and it is probably why the % button is gone.

I think I would remove it too.
    10-07-12 06:37 PM
    I haven't run into this argument in years. One of the responses in the "Calculator is wrong!" thread was brilliant. For what it's worth, ad my name as one who understands that the Playbook is correct. Shame on RIM for removing the key.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-07-12 07:37 PM
    I haven't run into this argument in years. One of the responses in the "Calculator is wrong!" thread was brilliant. For what it's worth, ad my name as one who understands that the Playbook is correct. Shame on RIM for removing the key.
    Add me as one who is horrible with math and wants the calculator to just do what I want it to do. I don't need to understand (I probably wouldn't anyways) all I want from a calculator is for it to just give me the answer I need!
    10-07-12 10:15 PM
    Revampd, I think you might want to correct your "ad my name..." comment to "add my name..." just so you don't get razzed one way or another.
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 10-09-12 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Grammar police comment
    10-09-12 08:44 PM
    Revampd, I think you might want to correct your "ad my name..." comment to "add my name..." just so you don't get razzed one way or another.
    I LOVE my Playbook. I HATE touchscreens. Please add the "d" to "add" and thank you for pointing out my error.
    10-10-12 05:16 AM
    The point is not that you just find a workaround for the removed % key. The point is that it was simply hideous to remove it in the first place.
    That is like you would say we don't need to save browser shortcuts and just type in the full URL all the time or use a search engine to find the site to go to first. It works, but is not as convenient.
    An electric starter on a vehicle is more convenient, but hey, we could just use a hand crank like in the olden days.
    So apparently that was that hard to figure out for RIM how to make a correctly functioning basic calculator to just remove parts of it, while others have no trouble doing the same?
    10-10-12 12:51 PM
    Pointless drivel. All calculators have their foibles. Figure out how the one you have works and use it. Still... shows just how bad education is these days
    10-10-12 02:11 PM
    The point is not that you just find a workaround for the removed % key. The point is that it was simply hideous to remove it in the first place.
    That is like you would say we don't need to save browser shortcuts and just type in the full URL all the time or use a search engine to find the site to go to first. It works, but is not as convenient.
    An electric starter on a vehicle is more convenient, but hey, we could just use a hand crank like in the olden days.
    So apparently that was that hard to figure out for RIM how to make a correctly functioning basic calculator to just remove parts of it, while others have no trouble doing the same?
    The percentage key has little to no use. Nevertheless, if people like it, I won't complain. However you guys are suggesting RIM deleted the button because they could not code the function behind the button correctly. Don't make me laugh, they are capable of developing BB10 and won't be capable of the most simple function on a calculator. Hahahaha
    10-10-12 02:14 PM
    The percentage key has little to no use. Nevertheless, if people like it, I won't complain. However you guys are suggesting RIM deleted the button because they could not code the function behind the button correctly. Don't make me laugh, they are capable of developing BB10 and won't be capable of the most simple function on a calculator. Hahahaha
    I understand what you say. Doesn't change the fact that it is unexplainabld to me why they would remove it. I just want to know the reason. Like I said, there is ways around it and it isn't complicated. But I just saw it as a nice "Shortcut".
    10-10-12 07:32 PM
    I think the reason it was removed is because there's never been a consensus on how it should workt, and too much time was being taken up here and elsewhere with people claiming it "doesn't work right" and arguing about it with no chance of a resolution in our lifetimes. This is a brilliant fix.
    FF22 and DAnklaud like this.
    10-10-12 08:01 PM
    You're missing the point. They DID code the function correctly. Just because some think it should work differently doesn't mean that it's not correct mathematically. I assumed that RIM removed the button to avoid the controversy.
    FF22 and peter9477 like this.
    10-10-12 08:04 PM
    Well, whyh dont they stick it back in?

Has anyone found a calculator app that has a percentage button?
    03-10-13 02:47 PM