No, this is not a rant against the Playbook. I sold my Playbook on craigslist because I lost a bit of dexterity to bone spur in my neck and a small screen is just not an option. It also could use better app support, but I could get by between the available apps and side loading. The surprising part of the sale was numerous responses I received in the Phoenix metro area. I had at least 10 people expressing genuine interest in little more than 24 hours, and continued to get more responses all week, even after it was sold. These, BTW, are real responses not the ones from the scammers who prowl places like craigslist - I have already factored those out of the numbers. It also reinforced my thought from the start that things could have been different if RIM had marketed the product differently. Everyone who responded owned a Blackberry and was interested because of Bridge. I honestly think if RIM had released the product with marketing focusing on it as a Blackberry extension, they could have made a nice niche as a business tablet. They could have then used that buzz as a platform on which to release 2.0 as the Playbook for everyone. Just my opinion....
    10-06-12 10:18 PM
    Agreed if RIM had marketing strategy that Apple used things may have played out differently.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    10-07-12 05:04 AM
    Has nothing to do with marketing strategy, people will buy anything under 150 dollars. When my local walmarts were selling the 32gb there were line ups, 40 playbooks sold in minutes. If its cheap, they will buy it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    deemgee likes this.
    10-07-12 06:13 AM
    Has nothing to do with marketing strategy, people will buy anything under 150 dollars. When my local walmarts were selling the 32gb there were line ups, 40 playbooks sold in minutes. If its cheap, they will buy it. Also you do not mention your asking price and how many low ball offers you got. People will also buy anything off of craigs list aslong as its cheap and they can try lowballing even if its something they don't need. Then you have to remember there are people trying to get things cheap to resell.

10-07-12 06:15 AM
    Let's Go O's!!!!
    10-07-12 06:31 AM
    Wow When I put my Kindle on craigslist over the summer, it took 3 weeks before I got anyone who was willing to offer more than $100 (factoring out people who would pay me $300 to ship it to Nigeria ).
    10-08-12 05:18 PM
    Agreed if RIM had marketing strategy that Apple used things may have played out differently.
    I'm not clear what strategy that would be. If anything, adopting Apple's price-points was the biggest mistake RIM made.
    10-08-12 05:36 PM
    kindle or kindle fire?
    10-08-12 05:59 PM
    Sorry to hear of your condition, but I'm curious what you ended do up getting? I've heard there is an Android tablet which has several features and a few specialized apps for those with reduced dexterity but can not seem to remember which one it is.
    10-08-12 06:15 PM
    Oops, Kindle Fire. Not one of the old Kindles.

I'm not clear what strategy that would be. If anything, adopting Apple's price-points was the biggest mistake RIM made.
    He said marketing strategies (AKA creating zombies), not their sales strategies.
    10-08-12 06:41 PM
    Dude he said "marketing strategies" not pricing points.
    10-08-12 09:41 PM
    Dude he said "marketing strategies" not pricing points.
    What's apple's marketing. Strategy ?
    10-08-12 10:03 PM

RT if you thought it was an apple store on launch day atfirst
    10-08-12 10:12 PM
    Sorry to hear of your condition, but I'm curious what you ended do up getting? I've heard there is an Android tablet which has several features and a few specialized apps for those with reduced dexterity but can not seem to remember which one it is.
    The problem for me really is just a minor loss of dexterity, but when combined with large hands, the 7 inch screens just aren't enough. For the moment I use an Asus Transformer Prime but that will be sold as soon as the Windows RT Surface tablets are released. I really can't stand the Google approach to its OS, and its ability to bring a quad core processor to its knees. Neither RIM, nor Apple, nor Microsoft could get away with the bugs Google continues to shove out (even in 4.1). That, however, is a rant for another day. The Windows RT OS has a lot in common with the Playbook OS with respect to swipes and gestures - they are certainly not the same gestures but are based upon the same concepts. Both OSs are in stark contrast to Android and IOS with respect to screen interaction. Since the Surface tablets will be released with an ARM version of Office 2013, and have a detachable touch/type cover, it becomes a no brainer option. Actually, if there ever was a 10 inch Playbook, it could be an alternative but it would be hard to get past the availability of Office in Windows RT.
    10-09-12 01:25 AM
    Wow When I put my Kindle on craigslist over the summer, it took 3 weeks before I got anyone who was willing to offer more than $100 (factoring out people who would pay me $300 to ship it to Nigeria ).
    FWIW, it was sold for a lot more than $100 and only one person wanted to negotiate on price. I think the difference is that every person noted that they had a BlackBerry or sent me an inquiry from a BlackBerry. No offense intended but I am not surprised that it would be a struggle to sell a used Kindle Fire in contrast. While they are nice little media consumption devices, the first generation conveyed a somewhat plastic-ish feel to me. That is not meant to imply they were bad devices, just that they did not seem to be the sort of thing I would want if someone else had already been beating it around for a bit.
    10-09-12 01:38 AM
    What's apple's marketing. Strategy ?
    Not trying to be rude, but why are you asking me? I was just saying that person said stuff about pricing when no one was even talking about that, we were talking about marketing...

Sent from my BOLD or maybe my soon to be BB10 PlayBook
    10-10-12 01:57 PM