Just wondering, what is your preferred way to send the site you are reading on your PC to your BB?

My preferred way is through QR code:
    1. Use a chrome plugin that translates the URL of the current tab to QR code
    2. Scan the QR code with smart tag and the site opens on my BB!

So, what's yours?
    Last edited by defoo; 10-04-12 at 12:04 AM.
    10-03-12 11:53 PM
    Send a quick email, stick it in Evernote, or a text file in Dropbox.

Yours is a creative alternative. Great if you want it that instant.
    10-03-12 11:59 PM
    That's what I use twitter for.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    jweihrauch likes this.
    10-04-12 12:17 AM
    I use a few methods depending on what PC I'm using:

At work I use a handy Firefox plugin called Site to Phone. Once you've set it up any link you copy on your PC you can then open by hitting the Site to Phone icon on your Berry.

At home I prefer Opera so a QR code generator does the trick. For sending links to my PB I use Daniel Bigham's excellent app Open on PlayBook.
    10-04-12 12:20 AM
    Here's a cool method to send a webpage to your PlayBook: Print2Go

I constantly send them to my PB and I can read them anytime later without internet connection needed.
    10-04-12 01:28 AM
    I usually just email it to my self. Nice & simple
    Superfly_FR and bigbmc26 like this.
    10-04-12 03:20 AM
    I usually just email it to my self. Nice & simple
    That's what I used to do :-), until yesterday when I discovered the QR code way
    10-04-12 08:49 AM
    Just wondering, what is your preferred way to send the site you are reading on your PC to your BB?

My preferred way is through QR code:
    1. Use a chrome plugin that translates the URL of the current tab to QR code
    2. Scan the QR code with smart tag and the site opens on my BB!

So, what's yours?
    What's the name of the plugin? I use Chrome all the time. This would be quite handy to have.
    10-04-12 08:51 AM
    Log into Google Talk on my PC, copy and paste the URL into my status bar, and it will immediately update the status on my phone.
    10-04-12 08:57 AM
    I'm curious, what are some examples of instances in which you'd need to send a whole website that you're reading to your phone? I'm trying to think of reasons I personally would need to do it and all I can come up with is when I'm shopping for something online. In that case, though, I'd read the reviews and do the comparisons online, and when I've made a decision I'd just type the make and model number in Color Note. I guess if I ever did need to send a site to my phone I'd email it to myself.
    10-04-12 09:02 AM
    copy the link and send it to my email. Nice thread.
    10-04-12 09:19 AM
    I'm curious, what are some examples of instances in which you'd need to send a whole website that you're reading to your phone? I'm trying to think of reasons I personally would need to do it and all I can come up with is when I'm shopping for something online. In that case, though, I'd read the reviews and do the comparisons online, and when I've made a decision I'd just type the make and model number in Color Note. I guess if I ever did need to send a site to my phone I'd email it to myself.
    For me, I have to leave my PC sometimes (to go to meeting, to take bus to work etc). And I like to continue what I am reading on my phone.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-04-12 09:24 AM
    For me, I have to leave my PC sometimes (to go to meeting, to take bus to work etc). And I like to continue what I am reading on my phone.
    Same for me, but overall, I rarely feel the need to do so. I've only done it maybe three or four times in the past.
    10-04-12 09:27 AM
    Gotcha, that makes sense.
    10-04-12 09:31 AM
    I send an email to myself with the link.
    10-04-12 10:09 AM
    My favorite: I'm browsing roms or APKs for my android phone on my desktop or tablet and when I find a good one, I sync the download page to my phone and it starts automatically.
    Not a fan of cluttering emails with things I send to myself so I use as much cloud services as possible and if I know I'll want to view something on my playbook, then I just start the browsing session there.
    defoo likes this.
    10-04-12 10:12 AM
    You guys need chrome to phone. Ah never mind.

Sent from my Venomized Rezound.
    10-04-12 10:39 AM
    You guys need chrome to phone. Ah never mind.

Sent from my Venomized Rezound.
    You don't need chrome to phone when you have Phone to Home:

Check out Home to Phone! You can find it at Buy Home to Phone - Download Home to Phone - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

esk369 likes this.
    10-04-12 11:23 AM
    Reviewed by CrackBerry in September 2010 btw
    10-04-12 11:31 AM
    I just write the website on a yellow post it note and tape it to my phone or my tablet
    I guess I'm just a analog man in a digital world
    In all seriousness I do the email thing although I will try some of the excellent suggestions in this thread.
    Thanks to all who provided other ways to get the task done.
    10-04-12 11:32 AM
    @belfastdispatcher "Check out Home to Phone! You can find it at Buy Home to Phone - Download Home to Phone - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World"

Home to Phone Promo - YouTube
    Pretty cool going to check this out in more detail thanks for providing the link.
    10-04-12 11:44 AM
    @belfastdispatcher "Check out Home to Phone! You can find it at Buy Home to Phone - Download Home to Phone - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World"

Home to Phone Promo - YouTube
    Pretty cool going to check this out in more detail thanks for providing the link.
    I remember putting the developer down at the time, now I'm gonna eat my hat and buy his app, many a time would've saved me lots of time in urgent situations.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-04-12 11:55 AM
    Chrome and Evernote plugin works wonders for me.
    10-04-12 12:38 PM
    Chrome and Evernote plugin works wonders for me.
    I really need to check Evernote out someday.
    10-04-12 12:41 PM
    I like using it because it connects my PB, BB, Android, and my PC. I love when things are easy...lol

Sent from the ether...
    10-04-12 01:10 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD