I found a way to fix it so its working perfectly fine now and good as new
    That's great! Let us know how you fixed it.
    11-14-12 07:35 PM
    My 9850 freezes at about 75%-80% (just above the escape key) for several days until the battery drained. I tried BBSAK to wipe the OS, Desktop Manager and Apploader.exe to reload OS but it did not work.

Here's what I did to fix my phone and hopefully this will work for the others who are also experiencing the same problem:

1. Download and install Blackberry Master Control Program(MCP) (Standard stable version 1.0.0.0)

2. Once you open MCP, go to settings first (gray gear) and type "BrickBerry" under Enable Protected Controls and do not close the window
    - At this point, do not connect your BB to your computer yet

3. Restart your Blackberry and before it tries to start up, make sure that you already connected the USB in your PC. The timing should be right. MCP should be open. If your computer recognizes your phone, check if MCP recognized your device (you should see your PIN)

4. Go to Java Loader (Java Icon)
    - In my case I tried Factory Reset first, so I checked the Confirm box and clicked on the Factory Reset Button
    - Do whatever you think would fix your device, try factory reset first

**You must be able to click Factory Reset while your device is starting to load.

It only took 10mins to fix my phone. Timing should be right.

Hope this helps
    11-14-12 09:30 PM
    Hi Ms.Bubbles,

SO BB MCP managed to reset the briked 75%? But to the factory reset level... did you attempt the leak upgrade again?
    The App Loader was able to get "PIN UNKNOWN"? Because my device (along with some others) is recognized instantaneously...

Please let me know...

Thanks!
    11-14-12 09:38 PM
    Hi Ms.Bubbles,

SO BB MCP managed to reset the briked 75%? But to the factory reset level... did you attempt the leak upgrade again?
    The App Loader was able to get "PIN UNKNOWN"? Because my device (along with some others) is recognized instantaneously...

Please let me know...

Thanks!
    Yes it did, it was able to factory reset my 9850 and to my surprise, it worked. In my case, I was able to wipe the OS using BBSAK a few days ago, got the error 507 after, then managed to reload (apploader.exe) the latest official OS that I was using and it still froze at 75%. I haven't tried the leak upgrade yet.
    Searzy likes this.
    11-14-12 10:10 PM
    Thanks Ms.Bubbles!!

This program; BBMCP - BlackBerry Master Control Program worked, AND it provides MORE features than BBSAK - BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife.
    tineybubbles likes this.
    11-15-12 07:58 AM
    Thanks Ms.Bubbles!!

This program; BBMCP - BlackBerry Master Control Program worked, AND it provides MORE features than BBSAK - BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife.
    How's your phone now?
    11-15-12 08:08 AM
    I managed to get "factory reset",... but then I got greedy, and wiped os clean, and went for the leaked install as well.

Didn't work. Would only recognize "Error 507", BECAUSE BBMCP managed to delete the entire JVP - Java Program (which has the factory reset embedded)

After playing with a combination of App Loader, BBSAK, and BBMCP, I managed to get it to install, AND currently have BlackBerry Desktop Software fixing / reinstalling the leaked upgrade. I'll know when I get home if it worked.
    tineybubbles likes this.
    11-15-12 08:27 AM
    there a better way? I think the only hardware
    12-13-12 08:45 PM
    Yes it did, it was able to factory reset my 9850 and to my surprise, it worked. In my case, I was able to wipe the OS using BBSAK a few days ago, got the error 507 after, then managed to reload (apploader.exe) the latest official OS that I was using and it still froze at 75%. I haven't tried the leak upgrade yet.
    I would give this metod a try when i get home, but speaking of hardware my 9860 built-in memory is havibg some problems I have it formated more than 4 times this past week. I don't know maybe that's a reason why we are all experiencing this?
    12-25-12 11:30 PM
    My loader.exe isn't recognizing my 9860 that's in error 507 :/ HEEEEEEEEEEEELP!
    12-26-12 06:39 PM
    please anyone can help me to get it up back again try almost everything any help please thank you
    03-18-13 08:12 PM
    any help to fix my 9860 it stopping at 75% when rebooting any help to fix it please tell me watt to do thank you
    03-18-13 08:14 PM
    My 9850 freezes at about 75%-80% (just above the escape key) for several days until the battery drained. I tried BBSAK to wipe the OS, Desktop Manager and Apploader.exe to reload OS but it did not work.

Here's what I did to fix my phone and hopefully this will work for the others who are also experiencing the same problem:

1. Download and install Blackberry Master Control Program(MCP) (Standard stable version 1.0.0.0)

2. Once you open MCP, go to settings first (gray gear) and type "BrickBerry" under Enable Protected Controls and do not close the window
    - At this point, do not connect your BB to your computer yet

3. Restart your Blackberry and before it tries to start up, make sure that you already connected the USB in your PC. The timing should be right. MCP should be open. If your computer recognizes your phone, check if MCP recognized your device (you should see your PIN)

- In my case I tried Factory Reset first, so I checked the Confirm box and clicked on the Factory Reset Button
    - Do whatever you think would fix your device, try factory reset first

**You must be able to click Factory Reset while your device is starting to load.

It only took 10mins to fix my phone. Timing should be right.

Hope this helps

You ma'am are the goddess. Thank you very much!
    03-26-13 05:00 AM
    Ms Tineybubbles....

Thanks a lot. Your method worked. I tried JL Cmnder, BBSAK, nothing worked. I was about to give up and throw away my 9860!

Thanks a lot
    03-28-13 10:32 AM
    i can't press factory reset dying..
    04-30-13 09:55 PM
    I got white screen
    05-20-13 10:17 PM
    if this methods works, someone should make this as a sticky, I just found 5 CBers with the similar problems..
    this also happened to my wife's 9850 couple of months ago and it got fixed,, but the methods are using somekind of DOS software, it WILL erase everything on the phone though
    05-31-13 11:22 AM
    TRY:

NUKE, WIPE, NAL and OS all in one script - GSM-Forum

BE SURE TO LOCATE AND RENAME APPROPRIATE FILES

Personally, I use a shortcut to the App Loader (in this process), with the "/nojvm" feature in the shortcut.
    06-03-13 04:31 PM
    @Miss Bubbles THANK YOU times thousand :$ ! This first only worked for 10% because i got into a reboot loop with a white screen. but after using BBSAK a couple of times it worked ! Much love to this thread. Make this more noticeable !
    06-06-13 02:19 PM

Hope this helps
    sorry, but I can't get the point as you mention, can't make PC recognized by device PIN before it's booting
    06-08-13 06:29 AM
    I was losing my mind trying to get my 9850 back from it's continuous reboot / boot-up but then freeze / boot to about 75% and nothing more. My problem started 1 week into a 2 week trip for work. I only had my work laptop so I couldn't do anything while away except pull the battery. Very frustrating but not as bad as getting back to my home computer and trying for the better part of a month with no success. I tried everything in this post and others except for Searzy's Nuke procedure. I wanted to try that but I didn't really understand everything. The Master Control Program wouldn't recognize my device. I'm not sure exactly what helped me get it back. I read tineybubbles' post about getting the timing right and tried that with bbsak and did a wipe a few times and it finally booted past 75% after loading the latest Verizon multilanguage OS. So those with similar problems, keep trying. I thought mine was gone forever, and even with it's problems, I was really missing it after having to use my old Storm 2 for almost a month. OMG! I went so far as to buy another 9850 off of ebay but that turned out to have a bad radio and wouldn't connect with the Verizon network so I'm trying to work that out now. So glad my phone is back. I also went crazy and bought a used Z10 which I should have tomorrow. Not sure what I'll do since it doesn't have the same Bridge functionality with the PlayBook but I'm looking forward to checking it out. If not, I love my 9850. For anyone who wasn't loving theirs, try going back to a Storm 2 for awhile and you will change your mind lol! Anyway, I said all that to say this, thanks to all who took the time to post suggestions on fixing these problems. I appreciate it.
    stlabrat likes this.
    08-02-13 12:06 AM
    i did encounter the same problem, loading up to 75% then white screen. i found out there are two problems here. First is the battery capacity or power ( its seems that the phone need to have enough power to push beyond this point) . i replace with a new battery. Secondly i use the NUKE, WIPE, method No.7 to wipe clean the phone (this will bricked the phone) and use Desktop Manager to reinstall back the Os.
    08-06-13 08:50 AM
    Hello, are you still on the errands, please, let's know how you fixed this problem. It's getting on my last nerves!
    08-16-13 07:03 AM
    It worked! Started, showed the new face, then reboots and go stuck at same level as before I did the factory settings. What should I do next?
    08-16-13 08:29 AM
    Thank you tineybubble it works completely with my bb9860 was great help for me, was struggling for getting it turn on but nothing worked Tried apploader, jl_commander, BBsak, nothing worked finally it worked very correctly thank you once again for this post.
    08-24-13 04:29 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD