View Poll Results: Who lost their contacts and calendars?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • I lost my contacts only

19 10.22%
  • I lost my calendar only

29 15.59%
  • I lost contacts and calendar

24 12.90%
  • I lost the use of my camera, can I vote?

3 1.61%
  • I haven't lost anything so the problem doesn't exist for anyone else either .

111 59.68%
    Updated to 2.1 today and the update wiped out my contacts. Calendar events are also gone and no amount of rebooting will cure it.
    With no backup I don't think I'll ever see them back, but if anyone has successfully brought them back from evanescence, please let me know how you performed that magic trick.
    Meanwhile, I would like to know how widespread the problem is, so please participate in this poll!
    10-03-12 03:46 PM
    Lost both calendar appointments and contacts....linkdn contacts stayed. Had to start re-entering everything ugggg.
    10-03-12 04:03 PM
    Not me because I stayed with OS 2.1 beta and the new bridge.
    10-03-12 04:06 PM
    Just lost calendar appointments, contacts are still there.
    boohwho likes this.
    10-03-12 04:12 PM
    Updated to 2.1 today and the update wiped out my contacts. Calendar events are also gone and no amount of rebooting will cure it.
    With no backup I don't think I'll ever see them back, but if anyone has successfully brought them back from evanescence, please let me know how you performed that magic trick.
    Meanwhile, I would like to know how widespread the problem is, so please participate in this poll!
    I just can't believe you started this process without doing a backup beforehand. I'm not getting on you but I did a backup last night, just in case the world came crashing down.
    10-03-12 04:31 PM
    Nope, everything is there. It took awhile for each app to open the first time but they opened with everything there.
    10-03-12 04:32 PM
    My calendar was wiped clean. The only contacts which survived were those who are also on Facebook. It won't let me add new contacts... Gives.me the error message "this application was interrupted. Please open it again to continue". Nothing works.
    10-03-12 05:10 PM
    Com'on - this is 2012...we don't do updates without backup...

even a sync with Google account would have solved your problem...

but i guess that don't help you know..

you know what they say...: Big guys don't take backups - but they cry a lot ..
    10-03-12 05:18 PM
    No issues here after updating...and if there was it wouldn't have been a problem. I did a backup last night in advance of the talked about update coming today. Easy enough to do and better safe than sorry...just sayin.

Bob
    10-03-12 05:22 PM
    No backup no problems. I had no issues...
    10-03-12 05:26 PM
    Murphy's Law in action.
    EricB1968 likes this.
    10-03-12 05:29 PM
    Everything (mails contacts and calendar) is hosted in a office365 + BB Cloud Services, this is device independent. I can set the whole thing in seconds (yep, I mean seconds, made it over 10 devices, from pc to 9900, Playbooks to devAlphas) and never lost a single hair.

Also, I backup on a weekly basis (automated in DM, don't even have to bother: plug usb et voila) my personal data. No hassle.

Just a suggestion (last chance check) in the calendar app, swipe down and check what calendar are activated ... in case of ... I'd be glad if this solves. Sry for your contacts & co.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-03-12 at 05:56 PM.
    10-03-12 05:29 PM
    you know what they say...: Big guys don't take backups - but they cry a lot ..
    LOL, hahaha.
    10-03-12 05:30 PM
    I didn't lose anything, but I do believe from reading other posts that it's occurred for others. Unfortunately, there's no poll answer that reflects my position, so I cannot vote.
    10-03-12 05:33 PM
    At least one good reason to use Verizon with Backup Assistant. Saves everything even if cell phone is stolen or run over with a car. Both have happened. I also backup everything before any updates.
    10-03-12 05:34 PM
    All there - no issues. Backed up, anyway.

Always back up.

Always.

Almost.
    Superfly_FR and PatrickMJS like this.
    10-03-12 05:39 PM
    I "lost" contacts, calendar, my emails, and Android apps wouldn't launch, but everything worked itself out after a reboot.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-03-12 06:06 PM
    I had no issues with losing any of the information in contacts nor calendar. Camera and video are working fine.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-03-12 06:18 PM
    Haven't lost anything. All work and Gmail components continued as they were before. I don't like doing the OTA updates anyway, I always use DM.

I would also recommend taking a backup AFTER the update, just in case you need to wipe and there are problems restoring between versions.
    10-03-12 06:18 PM
    I lost most of my contacts. Maybe my PB is letting me know who my true friends are.
    10-03-12 06:27 PM
    Murphy's Law in action.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha65xbrU2lU[/YT]
    10-03-12 06:28 PM
    I lost my contacts and email.
    Then I closed and reopened the apps a couple of times and the email was back.
    I opened and closed the contacts a couple more times and every thing except for Facebook contacts returned.
    One more opening and my Facebook contacts were restored.
    Everything, as far as I can tell, works now.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-03-12 06:46 PM
    I just can't believe you started this process without doing a backup beforehand. I'm not getting on you but I did a backup last night, just in case the world came crashing down.
    I know, I know. Fortunately I have paper backups, but still...
    10-04-12 12:24 AM
    I lost my calender its just blank, nothing not evening the dates or anything???? and my PB runs like a bag of (swear word)...
    10-04-12 03:28 AM
    Calendar appointments were wiped but contacts reappeared once the accounts re-synced.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-04-12 05:23 AM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD