Now that we finally have 2.1, when will the BB10 Dev Beta build be released for the Playbook

[I couldn't help it, i just had to go there]
    Last edited by ClassyBOLD; 10-03-12 at 03:47 PM.
    10-03-12 03:43 PM
    I heard tomorrow.
    10-03-12 03:51 PM
    Probably never, unless they have a way where only true Devs will be able to get it.

At this point, it's too easy to sign up and get a beta, which many people criticize and confuse for an official release.
    10-03-12 03:52 PM
    I asked once on twitter and they said they had no plans for it, but that it will of course be coming to the playbook after official BB10 and that some people on here had figured out how to get the beta version working on the pb
    10-03-12 04:03 PM
    There were betas of both 2.0 and 2.1 (2.1's beta period may conceivably wind up being longer than the release lasts). I'm pretty sure that we'll see a beta for BB10 as well.
    10-03-12 04:16 PM
    Probably never, unless they have a way where only true Devs will be able to get it.

At this point, it's too easy to sign up and get a beta, which many people criticize and confuse for an official release.
    They could EASILY force people to have a vendor account on App World, with at least one app (which had a few downloads) to weed out most people, but then someone would just grab the DL links and mirror the files elsewhere for others (although I guess they could have some sort of on-device activation process during first boot after installation of the beta). But it's all a bit much hassle.
    10-03-12 05:30 PM
    BlackBerry10 for PlayBook will launch at the same time as BlackBerry11 does for the phones.
    10-03-12 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD