Also, does anyone know of a way to port my Playbook contacts to my BB 9850. I lost all my contacts when I tried to use an Ortel SIM card in Germany.

Thank you for your help.
    10-03-12 12:29 PM
    As far as I know, contacts are not stored locally on your PB. It's thefefore not possible to export contacts from your PB to your 9850. There are two possible sources to get your contacts back, either if you've ever made a backup with BB desktop manager software, or if you used BlackBerry Protect to backup your settings incl. contacts. Yet another possibility, because apparently you can still see your contacts on your PB, is that you have stored your contacts somewhere on a businesses mail/calender/contacts server thing. In that case you can get them there.

Good luck
    10-03-12 12:48 PM
    So you are saying that since my contacts are stored in the PB dedicated contact list (sans bridge), they exist somewhere out there? How does one get to this magically place on their BB phone?

Again, thank you.
    10-03-12 12:57 PM
    It guess it is in one (or more) of the accounts you activated on your PB. In my case it's the work's mail account, which holds my contacts, although I also see facebook contacts and twitter contacts in the PB contacts app. Unfortunately no way to sync phone contacts directly.

Good luck again.

Edit: I think that there should be something local, if so, you should be able to export it with BlackBerry desktop manager. Hopefullybin a format that yojr 9850 likes.
    Last edited by Have_a_nice_day; 10-03-12 at 02:24 PM.
    10-03-12 01:07 PM
    As far as i know, contact ARE stored on the playbook. Or "were", before I updated to 2.1. I didn't need wi-fi or bridge to access them.
    10-03-12 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD