i recently purchased the new blackberry 9220 curve..the earphones that i got in the box,they were giving some clicking kind off sound wen i played some song with bass...i assumed that getting a good earphone would solve the problem..so i got skullcandy smokin buds edition...but even here the problem is same..there is some clicking sound in th background when i play a song at a little high volume..so i first checkd the earphones on other phones but they were sounding great..previously i owned a blackberry 8520..i used to use a low quality earphones on it but it never gave a problem..i tried turning off audio boost but still that clicking can be heard..on my blackberry 8520 no such problem ever happened even when i used the audio boost feature...plzz help...its taking off all the pleasure from the music.i even changed all songs that were of low quality to high quality(320kbps) but still same problem
    Last edited by Nero-; 10-03-12 at 05:32 AM.
    10-03-12 05:29 AM
    i have the same problem too.when i play a song, a clicking sound occurs right after the backlight dims.plzzzzzzz help.
    10-06-12 02:16 AM
    Can you return or exchange the device for new one?
    10-06-12 09:30 AM
    i think it a very long process.i'm in the philippines and the retailer told me it will take a least 2 months for a new unit.i'll just search the net for solutions.
    10-08-12 06:56 AM
    Have u tried to update the device software? Have u whiped and reinstall the software? Does this only happen when u plugg in earphones? Sounds like a software glitch, have you tried pressing the "$" while the player is on and earphones are plugged? Or using the headset?
    Last edited by pirerman; 10-08-12 at 12:04 PM. Reason: add more info
    10-08-12 11:55 AM
    Hi Dear Friend..
    To solve this problem btw, Im Jun From Manila Philippines.. my phone is BB curve 9220, have your same problem,

to solve this you need to update your OS,
    thats all" your bb is ok for music even your backlight dim..

Wish you to try it..

Thank Your Viewing
    11-05-12 04:03 AM
    same problem here.

i'm from the philippines too, but when i checked for an update for the OS, there was none. (it's still 7.1.0.337.)

and that clicking sound is reeeeeeeally annoying!

edit: just saw i could update the OS from another carrier. (thanks CB )
    Last edited by cojab; 11-07-12 at 08:07 AM.
    11-07-12 07:32 AM
    Hi friends!

i too, am having this same problem with my bb 9220 (which i got from smart telecomm phil.)

the funny thing is that even though it was from smart it works with a globe prepaid sim.

so my question is what service provider allows you to upgrade your software?

many thanks in advance.
    03-10-13 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD