It had been a great few days for BB fans and users as more and more news and information about the future devices.

I work in a tech store and daily there is conversations about mobile and how BlackBerry is coming too late. I have also heard on TechnoBuffalo.com this same thing.

Many people who have switched to android and ios are essentially cursing the days of having a blackberry because their new device and cook and bathe them.

Here in Barbados many people still have no idea that RIM makes BB and is bringing new devices to the market. All we get here is biased tech reviews and rants on cnbc of clueless analysts who has either Lloyd or an apple stuck up you know where.

I will say that like most here I am excited for what's coming. And BBjam for me exploded some more fuses now making the wait even harder.

I find it very interesting that Apple and RIM will be using the same map core (TOM TOM). Now Apple has fumbled and fallen over themselves. It will be all eyes on BB10 to see what they do with the same system.
    I was watching the keynote again and I noticed Thor took a silent shot at apple. It was quite funny. He made mention that the connectors will be the same saving you money. Money that can be used to by apps lol. Apple just launched a new connector and 29 bucks for the legacy connector. If you wanna see the comment in reference its from 4:00 - 4:23 in the keynote. He had such a smug look. Lol

I am hoping for more great stuff. As Kevin said it's the home stretch. Soon we will be seeing news of a launch date.

That's my thoughts right now. Peace
    BB10Believe
    09-29-12 11:00 PM
    There are some definite, cool benefits that the BB10 phones will have over the iPhone:

1) User-expandable memory (looks like they'll come with 16GB but with 64GB sdXC cards out there it's relatively cheap to add storage)

2) User-replaceable battery

3) BBM. I think much of the boost in the stock price this week came because we now know that BBM will, indeed, work on BB10 (many had lingering doubts)

4) Keyboard. If you want it, you REALLY want it. And there are some users who really, really do. People may pick apart the full-touch model when it arrives ("oh, my iPhone does X better" or "my Nexus does Y better"), but it's not going out on a limb to say that when the keyboard model drops, it will be the very BEST keyboard phone in the world.

People can say that BB10 is too late all they want. The truth is it's a year too late already, so how much worse can one quarter be? With the announcements RIM made this week, a lot of people stood up and took notice. Doesn't mean they're out of the woods yet, but there were many who didn't even think they'd make it THIS far.
    iamshadow, Elite1 and kbz1960 like this.
    09-29-12 11:14 PM
    There are some definite, cool benefits that the BB10 phones will have over the iPhone:

1) User-expandable memory (looks like they'll come with 16GB but with 64GB sdXC cards out there it's relatively cheap to add storage)

2) User-replaceable battery

3) BBM. I think much of the boost in the stock price this week came because we now know that BBM will, indeed, work on BB10 (many had lingering doubts)

4) Keyboard. If you want it, you REALLY want it. And there are some users who really, really do. People may pick apart the full-touch model when it arrives ("oh, my iPhone does X better" or "my Nexus does Y better"), but it's not going out on a limb to say that when the keyboard model drops, it will be the very BEST keyboard phone in the world.

People can say that BB10 is too late all they want. The truth is it's a year too late already, so how much worse can one quarter be? With the announcements RIM made this week, a lot of people stood up and took notice. Doesn't mean they're out of the woods yet, but there were many who didn't even think they'd make it THIS far.
    So true. So so true
    09-29-12 11:36 PM
    � I find it very interesting that Apple and RIM will be using the same map core (TOM TOM). Now Apple has fumbled and fallen over themselves. It will be all eyes on BB10 to see what they do with the same system.
    Nothing to really watch out for here. BB has already been using TomTom for native BB Maps app for some time.

10-01-12 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD